Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unnatural1
    • Nov 2013

After reading the Shen Preview again, I'm curious about how you guys are handling shapeshifting as a divine power.

We already know that the Theoi are getting a PSP that's all about changing form, so all of their many transformations are covered under that, one assumes.

What about other Pantheons that don't get access to that PSP? As I read the Shen Preview, I saw the parts talking about Erlang and Sun Wukong's transformation duel. Now Sun Wukon, of course, has the Trickster Calling, and it would make sense for at least some of his transformations to be something from there. But Erlang? I don't see anything in his list of Callings or Purviews that seem to explain his ability to shapeshift.

How does he do it? Does the Shen PSP also cover shapeshifting? Do some gods just have unique powers that don't necessarily have to apply to their list of powers? Does the Purview system retain 1E's rule of being able to purchase Boons out of order, so he just has a few Boons from other Purviews, without having those Purviews at Associated levels?

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

• atamajakki
      • Nov 2013

I'd love to hear what supernatural Paths we can expect in the first two books here, especially because I plan to use Origin as my new default urban fantasy system.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

• Alpharius
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by unnatural1 View Post
        I don't see anything in his list of Callings or Purviews that seem to explain his ability to shapeshift.
        I never noticed that and now feel like an idiot. I guess maybe it could be hand waved with a relic or something
        Last edited by Alpharius; 06-01-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• vonpenguin
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
          I never noticed that and now feel like an idiot. I guess maybe it could be hand waved with a relic or something
          Or Marvels. We still don't know for sure what the limits on those are.

Comment

• KingCarnival
            • Nov 2013

I forgot if this was already answered, but since the Gaulish pantheon is in the companion does that mean that the incarnate origin is going to be in the hero Corebook or the Scion companion?

Fool's Corner Productions: Where we review Video Game, and eventually tabletop RPGs

Comment

• Mockery
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by KingCarnival View Post
              I forgot if this was already answered, but since the Gaulish pantheon is in the companion does that mean that the incarnate origin is going to be in the hero Corebook or the Scion companion?
              No. Per Neall, he wants ​to be sure he knows how Incarnations work before he includes them as playable option. So that's waiting until God, unless something changed while I wasn't looking.

Comment

• glamourweaver
                • Nov 2013

I believe he said since then the Gaulish Pantheon did raise the possibility that Incarnate characters will be addressed in the Companion (or at least a patch for them that will get fleshed out later), but he wasn't sure yet.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Kyman201
                  • Jan 2014

Edit: Ninja'd by Glamourweaver

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

• Mockery
                    • Nov 2013

Aaaand there's the "changed while I wasn't looking." Thanks for the update. ^_^

Comment

• vonpenguin
                      • Oct 2015

Any chance the June preview will have anything on the Manitu or character creation?

Comment

• Neall
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post
                        Any chance the June preview will have anything on the Manitu or character creation?
                        Sure. I'll also do my best to get the Egyptians to you.
                        Last edited by Neall; 06-03-2017, 03:22 PM.

Neall Raemonn Price
                        Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• vonpenguin
                          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Neall View Post

Sure. I'll also do my best to get the Egyptians to you.
                          You are a benevolent overlord and let it never be said otherwise.

Comment

• unnatural1
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post

You are a benevolent overlord and let it never be said otherwise.
                            A possible Manitou/Netjer double feature? You got that right!

​All hail Overlord Neall! Long may he reign!

​Well, at least until the next time his own Overlords fire him, anyway!

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
                            Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

• CreepyShutIn
                              • Nov 2016

Just how well do the pantheons get along? Excepting the scion bands that seem to frequently involve inter-pantheon cooperation, how united are the gods themselves in this cold war/war against terror thing against the Titans?

​Corollary to the above, have there been wars between pantheons before? Is that something that happens often, and is it likely to happen again? Or has the Overworld, like the World, come to a place where large-scale conflict looks less desirable than it used to?

Comment

• Kyman201
                                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by CreepyShutIn View Post
                                ​Corollary to the above, have there been wars between pantheons before? Is that something that happens often, and is it likely to happen again? Or has the Overworld, like the World, come to a place where large-scale conflict looks less desirable than it used to?
                                Well remember... While Rome crushed the Gauls, the Theoi waged war on their gods. So-

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Working...