X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marin
    started a topic Ask Neall

Ask Neall

A thread for asking Scion 2E writer Neall Raemonn Price about the next edition.

(Check here first to see if your question's already been answered.)

• Kyman201
    replied
    Originally posted by Grimangel53 View Post

honestly i was thinking like, the Thor Scion would gain an enhancement to their relic, like a new dot to show connection to the Frost purview after completing a difficult task set by, say, Skadi in story.

or something like that. it would become part of their legend and thus they gain access to new powers as the story advances.
    Yeah, I can see using quests to justify adding Dots to Relics or gain new Birthrights. Like... A player goes out and kills a frost giant with their Relic, and by bathing the Relic in the giant's blood the Relic gains 2 dots and access to the Frost Purview. If this were the end to a major story, I'd probably allow them to gain the power-up, assuming that the others get similar power-ups to keep things fair. Maybe the builder on the team can get an ingredient that counts towards a Milestone or something.

Leave a comment:

• Grimangel53
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Like, gaining a new Relic or Guide through story advancement? I think that's fine, yeah.

honestly i was thinking like, the Thor Scion would gain an enhancement to their relic, like a new dot to show connection to the Frost purview after completing a difficult task set by, say, Skadi in story.

or something like that. it would become part of their legend and thus they gain access to new powers as the story advances.

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied
    I mean the multiple arms thing may just be an Omen. As mentioned, they appear often enough.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

the multiple attack sounds more Warrior Knack than War Boon
    Indeed. Maybe it is an Immortal Warrior Knack. I only thought it as a purview power, but it can easily be an Immortal knack.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

I tried to simulate this in a few ways. Could be a War purview for multiple weapon/attacks, Epic Strength to handle heavy equipment and Epic Dex To multi action.
    the multiple attack sounds more Warrior Knack than War Boon

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

I still want stats for her that include doing the arms thing. She does it often enough it’s clearly a Knack or Boon... maybe it’s a custom visual effect on an Epic Dex Boon that aides in Mixed Actions?
    I tried to simulate this in a few ways. Could be a War purview for multiple weapon/attacks, Epic Strength to handle heavy equipment and Epic Dex To multi action.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Samudra View Post

I'm assuming you mean the four-arrned woman with the guns?

That would be Annie X.

Back in 1e Annie was a death metal musician with daddy issues who was mostly there to murder things and wallow in rage only she died but had so much EDGE that she was brought back to life as a Demigod only this time she can't even feel the rage she once did becoming a cold unfeeling killing machine that cares not what happens to her... because she was a Scion of Kali and they had to fill the stereotype quota I guess, and in this edition all Scions of Kali were canonically into self harm for some reason .

Thankfully, all we know about her in 2e is that she can dance well enough to impress a Goddess (this, admittedly, doesn't actually have to be that well, to be honest)... she's the one who appears in the Yoga Fiction snippet, and she does indeed seem capable of human emotion in that so yay for some character development over last time .
    I still want stats for her that include doing the arms thing. She does it often enough it’s clearly a Knack or Boon... maybe it’s a custom visual effect on an Epic Dex Boon that aides in Mixed Actions?

Leave a comment:

• Samudra
    replied
    Originally posted by VentrueStereotype View Post
    Question for Neall or anyone who knows the answer. I was looking at the storytellers screen and wondering who the signature scion of the Deva that appears there is?
    I'm assuming you mean the four-arrned woman with the guns?

That would be Annie X.

Back in 1e Annie was a death metal musician with daddy issues who was mostly there to murder things and wallow in rage only she died but had so much EDGE that she was brought back to life as a Demigod only this time she can't even feel the rage she once did becoming a cold unfeeling killing machine that cares not what happens to her... because she was a Scion of Kali and they had to fill the stereotype quota I guess, and in this edition all Scions of Kali were canonically into self harm for some reason .

Thankfully, all we know about her in 2e is that she can dance well enough to impress a Goddess (this, admittedly, doesn't actually have to be that well, to be honest)... she's the one who appears in the Yoga Fiction snippet, and she does indeed seem capable of human emotion in that so yay for some character development over last time .

Leave a comment:

• VentrueStereotype
    replied
    Question for Neall or anyone who knows the answer. I was looking at the storytellers screen and wondering who the signature scion of the Deva that appears there is?

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied
    Originally posted by Grimangel53 View Post
    Question!

for Scions of any level, would it be prudent for them to gain new powers/access to new purviews through story events and other relics that they come across?

Like say a Scion of Thor were to gain the purviews of Beast (Bear) and Frost through an interaction with another god, or through a relic gained via the adventure.
    it becomes part of their legend as they grow in power and in story.

would that make sense?
    Like, gaining a new Relic or Guide through story advancement? I think that's fine, yeah.

Leave a comment:

• Grimangel53
    replied
    Question!

for Scions of any level, would it be prudent for them to gain new powers/access to new purviews through story events and other relics that they come across?

Like say a Scion of Thor were to gain the purviews of Beast (Bear) and Frost through an interaction with another god, or through a relic gained via the adventure.
    it becomes part of their legend as they grow in power and in story.

would that make sense?

Leave a comment:

• Muskrat
    replied
    Originally posted by Neall View Post
    Yes, there are plans.
    Cool. I look forward to seeing them.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    Late to this thread but hey.

1) Might major non-deity figures like Oberon, Mother Goose, and Merlin. Get write ups? As the last two are assumed in some scholarly circles to be euphimised gods and the first is worshiped as a god by some Wiccans, it makes sense.

2) Some forms of ritual magic practiced historically and in the present day were focused on the idea that the magician had an inner spark of divinity and could become a god. At least one of these magicians, Apollonius of Tyana, was worshiped as a god. Will this be an option?

Leave a comment:

• Neall
    replied
    Originally posted by Muskrat View Post
    I've poked around the website, but haven't found an answer. Are there plans to include the Palas/ Buddhist pantheon in one of the official Scion releases? If not, I'm toying with the idea of doing it as a fan project. I'm a practicing Buddhist and would like to learn more about Buddhist mythology anyway.
    Yes, there are plans.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X