X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marin
    started a topic Ask Neall

Ask Neall

A thread for asking Scion 2E writer Neall Raemonn Price about the next edition.

(Check here first to see if your question's already been answered.)

• Hayashi
    replied
    Not sure if it's supposed to be this way or it's an errata, but, there is no Primordial Kami? I mean, the text supposes they are Izanagi and Inzanami, what makes great sense, but there is not a section about them in the Kami Chapter as other Primordial/Titans have.

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Dear Neall ,i'd like to know something about the Bestiary. What powers do the irish fair folk possess?

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Dante View Post
    Are you not allowed to be a scion of Raiden? Or would you only have 1 purview from him and no calling?
    The rules on the Scions of Titans is something we are supposed to get eventually, but isn’t currently supported out of the box.

Leave a comment:

• Dante
    replied
    Are you not allowed to be a scion of Raiden? Or would you only have 1 purview from him and no calling?

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    How many Callings are HERO LEVEL Denizens (who aren’t Scions) supposed to have? Do they get 2 Callings from the Scion list along with their Denizen status, or do they only have the one Calling and just put all their points in it?

Leave a comment:

• Neall
    replied
    Yes, Kamala would get three dice from that one Momentum spent. The second Momentum doesn't benefit from the Virtuous Condition unless Jamie also has Virtuous and the action resonates with both Virtues.

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied
    So, Neall to put the question here in writing...

The Virtue Rules state that Momentum spent on actions that embrace a Virtue give one bonus die. This is the same benefit of the Virtuous Condition. Are these intended to stack? So if Kamala the Dancing Flower spends Momentum on an action that resonates with her Duty while herself in the grip of her Duty Rage Condition, would she get three dice from that one Momentum spent?

(Given that the Momentum rules specify that you only spend one Momentum per action, this was probably intended to keep Kamala from spending three Momentum to get nine extra dice on one action)

Related to that, however: Let's say that Jamie Greenleaf, daughter of the Dagda, wants to help, and her player spends a Momentum to enhance Kamala's action? Would this second Momentum benefit from Kamala's Virtuous condition? I'd wager not, as Jamie herself is (for the sake of this) not doing anything that resonates with the Virtue.

And on something more specific: Flipping it around a bit. Let's say that Jamie Greenleaf, in the grips of her Honor Virtuous Condition, is trying to stand against a foe. Kamala manages to trigger the Innate power of the Yoga Purview, letting Jamie spend a point of Momentum "as though they had the Virtuous Condition". So, assuming that Jamie's act aligns with her Honor virtue (+1 die for Honor, +1 die for Virtuous), would the Yoga Purview add 1 extra die? 2? Would the two stack?

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by necrobotany View Post
    So the sidebar for marvels says they are free against trivial characters. Some boons also specify they are free on trivial characters. Is that a holdover and we should assume just those boons and marvels are free on trivial characters or should any boon be free as long as it only affects trivial characters?
    I think anything used on trivial characters are free. Dealing with trivial is more about the story than about rules, you can punch everyone on the room in the face or you can knock them down by a single use of a marvel... booms and marvels are flash and fun...

Leave a comment:

• necrobotany
    replied
    So the sidebar for marvels says they are free against trivial characters. Some boons also specify they are free on trivial characters. Is that a holdover and we should assume just those boons and marvels are free on trivial characters or should any boon be free as long as it only affects trivial characters?

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post

I never actually read Scion 1st edition because I am an egyptophile and the art they had offended me so much that I put the book down and lost interest. So I didn't know that was a issue. The rational you gave makes a lot of sense. I was just curious so thank you.

No problem!

Leave a comment:

• Snakesandsuns
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    It's in part to facilitate that Gods are not more powerful for being more diversified (as they were in 1E unfortunately). A finite number of Boons means Gods at the same Legend level are going to same rough level of might at their disposal, the one with fewer associated Purviews just is more focused with more Boons in the same Purview, while Monkey or Shiva have like 1 Boon in each of their Purviews.

Also it emphasizes the importance of Marvels. Most miracles someone performs in myth aren't necessarily Boons. They're only likely to be Boons if they're something a figure relies on REPEATEDLY in myth. Any creative one-off miracle in their purview is probably a Marvel.
    I never actually read Scion 1st edition because I am an egyptophile and the art they had offended me so much that I put the book down and lost interest. So I didn't know that was a issue. The rational you gave makes a lot of sense. I was just curious so thank you.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
    Speaking of Boons, the you start out at two but the legend section of the hero book under one dot of legend says you should have 1? So how many boons do you get? Just one or two?

Also what was the rational of linking legend directly to the number of boons you have rather than buying them experience? I assume it is so that their is more focus on callings/knacks?

Two, your total is equal to Legend +1. That's been confirmed as being corrected in the final text.

It's in part to facilitate that Gods are not more powerful for being more diversified (as they were in 1E unfortunately). A finite number of Boons means Gods at the same Legend level are going to have the same rough level of might at their disposal, the one with fewer associated Purviews just is more focused with more Boons in the same Purview, while Monkey or Shiva have like 1 Boon in each of their Purviews.

Also it emphasizes the importance of Marvels. Most miracles someone performs in myth aren't necessarily Boons. They're only likely to be Boons if they're something a figure relies on REPEATEDLY in myth. Any creative one-off miracle in their purview is probably a Marvel.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-24-2019, 06:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snakesandsuns
    replied
    Speaking of Boons, the you start out at two but the legend section of the hero book under one dot of legend says you should have 1? So how many boons do you get? Just one or two?

Also what was the rational of linking legend directly to the number of boons you have rather than buying them experience? I assume it is so that their is more focus on callings/knacks?

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Jester View Post
    Hi Neall, so just wondering and don't know if its been talked about yet.

I know that there are going to be getting new boons for the new purview's in upcoming books, but are you guys going to add new boons to the old previews, particularly the pantheon previews?

two per preview just seems light, especially for Demi-gods and Gods.
    Neall’s confirmed there will be more powerful Demigod level Boons for existing Purviews including PSPs. Keep in mind that the Boons we have now are just examples. You can and should design your own Boons within the themes of given Purviews using the mechanical guidelines for designing Marvels.

For example once you have someone’s True Name, perform a summoning ritual. Or a banishing one where you shatter a Shabti of them to inflict damage. Cast out your own Ba to fly invisibly as a bird wherever you want. All viable Heku Marvels and Boons.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X