Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your character concepts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
    Hey now. The Aesir would be against the kind of bullshit that the Nazis are up to. They'd have their OWN baggage, mostly involving their dislike of giants, especially Thor "Smite-First-Ask-Questions-NEVER", but they would be OFFENDED at Nazis using their imagery for that kind of crap.
    Odin is still mad that Adolph used him as a stand in for Santa Claus at office Christmas/Solstice parties. (And yes, that really happened.)

    Meanwhile, I'm considering the idea of a scion of Tlazolteotl as a therapist who helps people "flush out" negative feelings and emotional trauma.


    What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

      Odin is still mad that Adolph used him as a stand in for Santa Claus at office Christmas/Solstice parties. (And yes, that really happened.)

      I don't see much of a problem with that. Since Christmas and Santa Claus are based on Odin, if I've got that right.
      Last edited by Nyrufa; 06-20-2019, 10:54 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post


        I don't see much of a problem with that. Since Christmas and Santa Claus are based on Odin, if I've got that right.
        It’s a combination of several traditions, but mainly Saturnalia and Odin delivering presents. As far as I remember none of them were on the 25th of December, they were on the shortest day of the year, but they eventually adapted to the Christian calendar by adjusting it the the day Horus, Bacco and a few other guys are described as bourn.

        Anyway I would be offended by Coca-cola by drawn me as a fat ass on red, not a proper king of gods...

        Comment


        • So, I had an idea for a character, but as I was hammering it out, it occured to me that the character would, conceptually, work perfectly as the offspring of two specific deities. I'm still waiting for my copies of Origin and Hero to come in the mail, so I'm wondering if it is possible to have a character with two divine parents and no mortal heritage?


          What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

          Comment


          • I would house rule a Yes. You have to get a Calling from each and gain only one Purview beside the Pantheon purview. If they are from different pantheons, you get one from each parent, but only one can be a PSP.

            Of course you don’t start on different Legend from the others, but maybe you can get some extra info as you were raised among the gods or in a Terra Incognita (nothing that can’t happen to other characters...)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
              So, I had an idea for a character, but as I was hammering it out, it occured to me that the character would, conceptually, work perfectly as the offspring of two specific deities. I'm still waiting for my copies of Origin and Hero to come in the mail, so I'm wondering if it is possible to have a character with two divine parents and no mortal heritage?
              Word of Neall states that the children of two Gods would be a Hero level Scion of whichever parent the player chooses... but there's no reason to not have one at Origin. Gods having human children that grow up and either just stay Heroes or become Gods in their own right happens in Hindu myth at least, though uncommonly, so it wouldn't break anything. You just choose which parent to get the mechanical benefits from.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Samudra View Post

                Word of Neall states that the children of two Gods would be a Hero level Scion of whichever parent the player chooses... but there's no reason to not have one at Origin. Gods having human children that grow up and either just stay Heroes or become Gods in their own right happens in Hindu myth at least, though uncommonly, so it wouldn't break anything. You just choose which parent to get the mechanical benefits from.
                Thanks. In this case, the idea is a character who is the child of Hephestus and Aphrodite. But since they'd likely favor the father, I may have an even odder angle to approach it from.


                What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

                  Thanks. In this case, the idea is a character who is the child of Hephestus and Aphrodite. But since they'd likely favor the father, I may have an even odder angle to approach it from.
                  Keep in mind you can also have the other parent as a guide giving a purview and even a calling to the scion. That way your character can have a link with both parent.


                  Currently running: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 2year old daughter and a newborn son.

                  Comment


                  • A kitsune, who seems to have developed a burning passion for the world of virtual reality, even going so far as to create their own game development studio. They fancy themselves as a new World Builder, and are attempting to push the capabilities of VR tech beyond what their mortal colleagues expect to be possible. Not one to be satisfied with mere headset monitors, they vow to make full scale holodecks a reality, instead of the work of science fiction. Inari seems to have been impressed with the fox's enthusiasm for creation, and has decided to extend their patronage, bestowing their servant with all the rights and privileges that come with being a Scion.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

                      Thanks. In this case, the idea is a character who is the child of Hephestus and Aphrodite. But since they'd likely favor the father, I may have an even odder angle to approach it from.
                      THEY GOT BACK TOGETHER?!


                      Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                      Comment


                      • A snarky kitsune who was 'empowered' by Inari... Because they were a little shit (as kitsune are). So Inari slapped them with a Divine Mandate and commanded the fox to perform 108 good deeds to help humanity. However, Inari, being a merciful Kami, decided to help this kitsune work through their parole by giving them Relics, and may even serve as a Guide.

                        However, this character's Relics would have flaws where if they step out of line, the Relics would either be weaker or just stop working, and of course the kitsune would be at the beck and call of Inari, what with the whole celestial punishment thing.


                        Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                          A snarky kitsune who was 'empowered' by Inari... Because they were a little shit (as kitsune are). So Inari slapped them with a Divine Mandate and commanded the fox to perform 108 good deeds to help humanity. However, Inari, being a merciful Kami, decided to help this kitsune work through their parole by giving them Relics, and may even serve as a Guide.

                          However, this character's Relics would have flaws where if they step out of line, the Relics would either be weaker or just stop working, and of course the kitsune would be at the beck and call of Inari, what with the whole celestial punishment thing.
                          That sounds like the set up for a fun anime series.

                          Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

                          THEY GOT BACK TOGETHER?!

                          Maybe. Background is still a little vague. It may have been one of those things were drinking was involved and they had a one night stand or something.


                          What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

                            THEY GOT BACK TOGETHER?!
                            She may be in need of a new toy that only the god of craft can do, maybe a divine smart phone, capable of taking a picture of her divine form or her entire beauty, not only what mortals can see... she did a lot of things in exchange of gifts in the past...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

                              She may be in need of a new toy that only the god of craft can do,
                              Thank you... I really needed the mental image of Hephaestus creating "marital aids" for Aphrodite...

                              Comment


                              • He made her a motorcycle that runs on pure unfiltered vanity.


                                What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X