What are your character concepts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Weapon Tags are mentioned in Origin. And the weapons are so simplified they don't need a massive amount of charts with a bunch of Meaningless Numbers. And yes, for a Relic Weapon you just add the tag on top of the basic templates. So your spear would probably have the Lethal, Melee, Reach, Thrown, and Aggravated tags.

(Spear sample template found in a sidebar on page 124 of Origin)

Thanks. Anyways, I think it looks decent enough now. Still getting used to the way 2nd edition handles things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Thanks. Anyways, I think it looks decent enough now. Still getting used to the way 2nd edition handles things.
      It'll still need a Motif, something that encompasses the kinds of Marvels you perform with the Purviews associated with it, and gives a hint as to its personality. Such as "Whoever Holds This Spear Will Holds Destiny Itself"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

It'll still need a Motif, something that encompasses the kinds of Marvels you perform with the Purviews associated with it, and gives a hint as to its personality. Such as "Whoever Holds This Spear Will Holds Destiny Itself"

Alright, added the last bit. I assume it doesn't have to be quite so literal?

Comment

• I'm just giving suggestions, if you can think of a better motif then by all means go for it

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Jackie Clay: As a half Japanese immigrant, Jackie's heritage and upbringing has left her with mixed feelings on her place within society. She spent the first 10 years of her life in the united states, being raised according to American culture and attending school as a straight A student, before her parents decided rather unceremoniously to move to Japan, where she spent the next 10 years of her life trying to adapt to the sudden culture shock and her grades being negatively impacted from the stress. It was this rapid change in environment that drove her to pursuing an interest in sports as a means of relieving her frustrations, and kendo was chief among them.

Most people take up the blade as a means of achieving victory in battle. But for Jackie, she was more focused on the artistry behind it. More often than not, she would find herself entering meditative trances during her lessons, blocking out all distractions and just focusing on perfecting her technique. By the time she turned 20, she could breeze through even the most complex training regiments with pure muscle memory, establishing herself as one of the greatest masters the dojo had ever produced. This was when her father decided to finally reveal his true identity as Hachiman the God of Battle, and told her he would be returning to the life of military service.

Since her visitation, Jackie has aspired to be as dignified a role model as possible. Having first hand experience of what it's like to be caught between two cultural backgrounds, her first response to the situation is to act as mediator and try to establish an agreeable compromise. She does not draw her blade in the pursuit of glory and honor, she draws it because the situation has reached a point where conflict is now unavoidable. Indeed, for the daughter of a War God, she seems to be remarkably focused on peaceful diplomacy over the clashing of weapons. It is sure to be a welcome change of pace for any band of Heroes that have preconceptions about her kind of lineage.

Before he left, Hachiman bestowed Jackie with a couple graduation presents to show his approval for her mastery of combat. The first present he called the Five Body Blade; a katana who's size alone should have made it unwieldy, yet Jackie was astonished to find that it functioned perfectly. The second present was the Blade Dancer's Robes, which empowered her with grace and precision that no amount of mortal training could rival.

-----------------------------------

Scion of: Hachiman

Callings: Sage (2), Leader (2), Warrior (1)

Innate Purviews: Yaoyorozu-no-kamigami, Artistry

Additional Purviews: War, Epic Dexterity, Epic Stamina, Passion (admiration)

-------------------------

Five Body Blade (4): Resembling a two handed katana with an abnormally long blade, Jackie's father claims that this sword was able to cleave through five human torsos with a single swing. After testing it out in battle for herself, she is inclined to believe him! The relic grants its wielder access to the War purview, and adds the Reach tag to the Great Sword template. The blade itself has also been sharpened to perfection, adding a +2 Enhancement when attempting to Inflict Damage on the opponent.

Motif: Fight against overwhelming odds.

--------------------------------------------

Blade Dancer's Robes (2): Appearing as a set of traditional kendo robes, yet being virtually weightless, the Blade Dancers Robes are aptly named for their functionality. Those capable of harnessing their robes' power will find their performance in battle to be nothing short of awe inspiring. The robes grant the wearer access to the Epic Dexterity and the Passion purviews, and classify as Soft Armor.

Motif: All shall marvel at your performance in battle

Comment

Working...
            X