Great Scions of History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Scions of History

So, we now know that Julius Ceasar was a Scion. Does anyone else have any ideas for historical figures that may have been Scions?

My idea is that William Van Alen, the architect of the Chrysler building is a Scion of Ptah. Maybe he's even buried there in the deepest, darkest basement.

Julie D'Aubigny, Daughter of Aphrodite, who disappears from history because her torrid affairs with mortals and divinities alike got her caught in a tempest of divine vendettas which she at very least road out with style.

Harriet Tubman, Chosen of Eshu Elegba in his Christian synchronized aspect.

Bass Reeves (the real Lone Ranger), Son of Horus (as well as his mortal father)

Otto Skorzeny, Son of Loki, who applied his trickster instincts to military tactics (even while his father was playing anti-authoritarian pranks on the Nazis)

Jonathan Swift, Scion of Ogma (few generations removed, but Ogma revisited the line with him)... the art of the satire being reawoken in defense of Ireland deserves the obvious nod

Perhaps a bit obvious, but Papa Doc could actually be exactly who he modeled his image on in the world of Scion

Going off the Orphic Mysteries, Dionysus is a likely candidate to die and Incarnate - perhaps Lord Byron (with his bonus tied to Greece) is a good fit.

... ok one more Theoi.... Nikolai Tesla - son of Zeus, adopted by Hephaestus. Unfortunately many of his greater inventions worked on divine physics and could not be replicated by the mortal wielded tools of the era.

Miriam Prophetissima (history's oldest known nonfictional alchemist), Chosen of Djeheuty (though notably while she respected and learned from him, she never worshiped the Netjer, remaining a henotheistic Jew)
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 09-05-2016, 04:40 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Bruce Lee, son of Heracles. Guy did insane work out regiments and kicked like a speeding car!

Comment

Not Xuanwu? I don't mean to be ethnically prescriptivist - no question the Theoi get around and aren't hung up on race or nationality! I'd just assume Xuanwu to be closer "domain" wise to what Bruce Lee is famous for.

Oh! What if he's blood of Heracles, who being Heracles promptly forgot he existed, and Bruce sought out and was trained by Xuanwu, so he ended up being adopted by Xuanwu into the Shen accordingly.
        Last edited by glamourweaver; 09-05-2016, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
          Not Xuanwu? I don't mean to be ethnically prescriptivist - no question the Theoi get around and aren't hung up on race or nationality! I'd just assume Xuanwu to be closer "domain" wise to what Bruce Lee is famous for.

Oh! What if he's blood of Heracles, who being Heracles promptly forgot he existed, and he sought out and was trained by Xuanwu, so he ended up being adopted by Xuanwu into the Shen accordingly.

That could work. The reason I thought to use Heracles was not only because I didn't want to stereotype him, but because Bruce Lee is kind of renowned as the martial arts master to which all others are compared to. Which sounds kind of like what the Theoi stand for by being paragons of perfection.

Comment

Alexander the Great was almost definitely a Scion, though who he was the child of is up to debate - he was deemed the child of both Zeus and Ra while alive, so... maybe he was sired by one and adopted by the other?

Erwin Rommel might've been the child of a trickster god, though whether it was Loki (he's German), Seth (he's the 'Desert Fox') or someone else who made him is similarly up for debate.

Shakespeare could have been the son of Brigid, or perhaps Abhean.
            Last edited by Crying; 09-06-2016, 05:07 AM.

Comment

I like Lord Byron and Ada Lovelace as Scions of Hephaestus (note the club foot).

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                I like Lord Byron and Ada Lovelace as Scions of Hephaestus (note the club foot).

Interesting - if so Byron presumably resented his direct paternity a bit (along with the physical result), and idealizes some of his uncles (Apollo and Dionysus in particular) instead. Ada would have been closer with her grandfather.

Comment

Joseph Bologne, Chevalier de Saint-Georges, scion of Ògún.

Currently Writing Scion and Geist for Onyx Path, and many other things for other publishers
                  Crowdfund Me Tha Illiad of MC Homer: a hip hop translation of Homer's Iliad

Comment

Julian the Apostate, Scion of Athena.

Neall Raemonn Price
                    Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Adolph Hitler, Scion of Hel: Guy was two faced (a great, charismatic leader and monstrously cruel fascist), he built horrific prisons that few managed to escape from, and wanted his country to be populated by blond haired, blue eyed, perfect human beings (i.e Baldur)

Comment

speaking of world leaders, George Washington scion of Athena under the avatar of Columbia, mostly under Athen as a goddess of strategy in battle, as it would take strategy like hers for a young and struggling nation to beat an older, organised, and powerful one.

And while I'm on the U.S. Benjamin Franklin scion of Dionysus with a certain fondness for his crippled uncle Hephaestus.

Comment

My heroes. King Arthur scion of Arawn. Lancelot and Galahad...not sure exactly who they would be scions of but these three totally ruled.

Comment

Originally posted by Crying View Post
                            Alexander the Great was almost definitely a Scion, though who he was the child of is up to debate - he was deemed the child of both Zeus and Ra while alive, so... maybe he was sired by one and adopted by the other?

Erwin Rommel might've been the child of a trickster god, though whether it was Loki (he's German), Seth (he's the 'Desert Fox') or someone else who made him is similarly up for debate.

Shakespeare could have been the son of Brigid, or perhaps Abhean.
                            Rommel as a Scion of Set/Sutek is brilliant.

Who laid claim to Lawrence of Arabia, do you think?

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                              Adolph Hitler, Scion of Hel: Guy was two faced (a great, charismatic leader and monstrously cruel fascist), he built horrific prisons that few managed to escape from, and wanted his country to be populated by blond haired, blue eyed, perfect human beings (i.e Baldur)
                              The idea that Hitler was two-faced makes me uncomfortable. To me it feels like it reinforces the lie that the NSDAP deceived its way into power and that the Holocaust was a secret - as opposed to what actually happened: they openly preached their ideology and were lifted to power by their supporters (and allowed by the passive majority).

Comment

Working...
                              X