X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atamajakki
    started a topic Previews Rules Questions

Previews Rules Questions

Since I imagine we'll need one of these.

Starting with an easy one: does Momentum add dice or successes, and how many can you spend at once?

Does having your Path evoked for a Narrative Disadvantage count as its one evocation for the session? And can someone else prompt an evocation (like a FATE compel)?
    Last edited by atamajakki; 09-22-2016, 02:05 PM.

• vonpenguin
    replied
    Well it seems like there are two ways to use legend this time around, spending, which is the standard "now you don't have it" and imbuing, which seems more like investing it. So it is possible you can keep an imbued legend point running an effect as long as you like.

Leave a comment:

• Ostarion
    replied
    The Pantheon Signature purviews previewed presently per the kickstarter are certainly interesting. Wyrd is a dabbling in the fortunes of yourself and others with blessings and curses and foretold events, the mechanics work in a somewhat direct manner in the sense that the player elects what future or happenstance will come to pass. while Tianming is good with mandates and other organization based themes which includes the trans formative powers of titles and red tape, its sounds a lot more story driven and can work against both small fraternities and large global organizations. However, it does make me wonder if a Scion or other being with the purview can choose not to recover legend in order to keep conditions in place.

Leave a comment:

• Axelgear
    replied
    Much obliged.

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    Originally posted by Axelgear View Post
    Is there an agglomerated collection of links to previews?
    http://www.ttrarchive.com/store/inde...:_What_We_Know

Leave a comment:

• Axelgear
    replied
    Is there an agglomerated collection of links to previews?

Leave a comment:

• Yig1015w
    replied
    Neall just gave the answer over in the Kickstarter thread. If you have your 1st vitality slot full and both your -1 conditions full then you mark the next box. I followed up to ask what if your next vitality box is your 3rd but you have a -2 complication slot available. Would they then be able to use the -2 complication box instead of filling the 3rd vitality since its closer in damage anyway. I assume that's the case though since it would be easier and more flexible. Its also been confirmed by Neall that u have -1,-1,-2,-2,-4 for your complication slots. So 5 for each character.

Leave a comment:

• Limited Reagent
    replied
    It's not explicit I suppose, but I thought it was pretty obvious that the injury boxes are for injury complications, and you only have those four.

IMO the only things missing is (1) what do you do when you don't have the minimum vitality box to fill (taking 1 stress and your 1st vit is filled; can you fill a higher box?) and (2) what happens if you take more stress than you fill with any available boxes (taking 10 stress when all your injury boxes are full and you only have a 4th vit box available; are you just straight taken out?).

Edit: And how your Vitality boxes clear. Could be end of the scene, but nothing says when.

This is almost identical to how FATE works, so I default to how it handles these things, but it'd be good to have a proper answer.
    Last edited by Limited Reagent; 09-23-2016, 12:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TwitchTheRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Yig1015w View Post
    So stress damage can only grant two complications from a single slot? Why couldnt someone split that 5 stress into two -2 complications and 1 -1 complication. What happens if they were hit for something crazy like 7 damage? Splitting it into two complications means a -4 slot and a -2 slot. Is that last point of stress forced into your vitality slot? But what if your 1st vitality slot is already full? Does it then get sent down to a 3rd complication? Seems like a complicated system for what seems to be fairly simple one overall.

Seems like it would have been much cleaner and simplier to just have your vitality equal your stamina and take dmg normally (from left to right) with the option of reducing it with injury complications totaling no more than -9. (The total of current complication values allowed)
    There doesn't seem to be a limit to the number of Injury Complications you can get. Injury Boxes don't say that they are for Injury Complications even though they probably are. They also don't say what happens when you take a huge amount of damage, or if you are forced to fill up Vitality Boxes instead of Injury Boxes at any point.

So, it looks like the bad guys can beat on you forever trying to fill your last vitality box. That's probably not working as intended, but that's the way it seems to work right now.

And yeah, your system sounds muuuuch less complicated.

Leave a comment:

• Yig1015w
    replied
    And most two handers will likely have the brutal tag which gives them all they need to inflict more damage. I actually really like the weapon system. Sorta wish there was light and heavy armors in the game though cus i feel that for a fantasy shard (where u see leather and plate) armor is armor might not be inclusive enough. I guess id like to see a positive to wearing heavy armor rather than just negatives. But i guess we will see when we test it. Does that mean that unarmed deals the same as normal weapons? Whats different from knuckledusters and bare fists?

EDIT: No weapons in the preview atleast have grapple for a tag so I'd hope bare fists would get a bonus to that. Would slightly suck if unarmed was just simply worse then something such as a whip or something that might come with a grapple bonus. I know, stats really don't matter too much and unarmed is usually a stylistic playstyle but this is the stuff I do. I get really into the details of equipment because my players always make a big deal about it too. Gotta figure out the answers for em before they ask to save time.

EDIT2: Regarding the platemail bonus to differentiate it from leather/medium armor I just noticed that resistant mentions that bullet proof makes it ignore piercing exclusively from firearms which means it would be super reasonable to make a encumbering armor be resistant to non firearm piercing or something to that nature.

Super modable system. I like it.
    Last edited by Yig1015w; 09-22-2016, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied
    Originally posted by Yig1015w View Post
    EDIT: Random question. I assume all weapons do the same damage, right? It seems like its purely tags and scale if applicable. Seems fine considering there is the brutal tag to offset the requirement of using two hands for bigger weapons.
    I actually DID hear the answer to this at the 1d4-cast that Neall was on. Yes, numerically, there's no difference between weapons. Just that each weapon's tags will determine what it can do.

So damagewise, you'll get the same umph out of a pair of knuckledusters that you will out of a longbow, but the longbow lets you snipe targets and the knuckledusters are useful up close, in addition to being easier to high thanks to the Concealable tag.

Leave a comment:

• Yig1015w
    replied
    I'm just hoping this is clarified by a dev sometime soon or if this is a older version that has been changed that we get confirmation on that. A system that promotes high action moments really needs a good system for tracking the condition of the characters. Keeping the faith for now though, it did state that this was the documents from previous playtesting.

EDIT: Random question. I assume all weapons do the same damage, right? It seems like its purely tags and scale if applicable. Seems fine considering there is the brutal tag to offset the requirement of using two hands for bigger weapons.

Leave a comment:

• Limited Reagent
    replied
    My understanding is it works like this:

If you take 3 stress, you fill your 3rd Vitality box. If you took 3 stress again, you must then split it between Injuries and other Vitality boxes. So you could take a -1 Injury and fill your 2nd Vitality box, or take a -2 Injury and fill your 1st Vitality box. Let's say they take the former. If they have Stamina 4, their Vitality track would look like this: [ ] [x] [x] [ ].

My assumption is that you can't split stress at all between Vitality boxes. So, for example, say you have Stamina 3 (and 3 Vitality boxes) and they're all unfilled. You take a hit with 5 stress. That means you immediately must take at least a -2 Injury (along with filling your 3rd Vitality box). You can't break it down and fill your 2nd and 3rd Vitality boxes.

As far as getting 1 stress if your 1st box is already filled? By what's written you must then take a -1 Injury. IMO it'd also be fine to fill a larger box, if you really wanted to.

---

It's basically exactly like FATE stress boxes work. And it's a pretty simple system once you get the hang of it. The benefit of it is that a smaller number of boxes goes a much longer way. For example, if you had Stamina 3 and you got (Stamina) normal health boxes, you could take 3 stress then you'd be done, everything. In this non-ablative system, you could take effectively 6 stress before filling everything. It's also nice because it rewards characters having high Stamina, because that 4th Vitality box effectively gives you four more health, not one.

Leave a comment:

• Yig1015w
    replied
    We are both in the same boat. lol

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied
    I honestly have no idea if you can split it into multiple sources at once. I'm just guessing here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X