Insect Gods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omenseer View Post
    I realize that I have a tendency to ask questions and not always give the proper context to.

The reason I ask about insect gods is because I am looking for a patron deity for a community of were-roaches.

Alternate angle: What about large insect monsters from myth?
    There was the scorpion that killed Orion, the girtablilu from Mesopotamian myth and... uh...

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post
      I realize that I have a tendency to ask questions and not always give the proper context to.

The reason I ask about insect gods is because I am looking for a patron deity for a community of were-roaches.

Alternate angle: What about large insect monsters from myth?

In that case, how about a different angle? Say, forget about the insect association for now, and think of that particular community's role in your story. Is there a theme you want to invoke through these guys? Are they supposed to be invulnerable warriors, fast-breeding savages, inventive and sneaky survivalists? Something else entirely? How advanced is their technology? How antagonistic or helpful are they supposed to be?
      How do you want people to feel about your were-roaches?
      What Pantheon\Titan have themes this community would fit best?
      After all, the myrmidons weren't created by an insect deity. And the story still works despite that.

Comment

I've thought of Arachne as still existing and effectively acts as a mother of spiders, but again those aren't insects but still she could be a cool video game boss style foe or sad mentor. Lots of mentions of arachnids. I would say Bragi and Odin would fancy bees, not being Bee gods though, because of their connections with mead.

Perhaps Beelzebub as the Lord of the Flies? As mentioned Butterflies are reincarnated souls over in mexico. Brahma is a wellspring of life and that would include insects.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
        X