Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q&A with Neall (transcript)

https://gmshoe.wordpress.com/2016/10...-2e/#more-2809

Bless Neall for putting up with all of us. Some great new info here!

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
    https://gmshoe.wordpress.com/2016/10...-2e/#more-2809

Bless Neall for putting up with all of us. Some great new info here!

I'm glad this got better formatting here. I tried to sit in, but coupled with work it just looked like a text wall to me in the chat. : \

Comment

Big highlights for me: the Incarnate Genesis might get pushed up for the Nemetendevos, we're seeing a Geasa preview soon, Apep is the Titan of Chaos, ushabti, windigo, and three kinds of valkyrie are in, sorcerors might get their own supplement, you get an Omen (as subtle as Odin's missing eye, as grand as the animal heads of the Nether) every three dots of Legend, the Translation Guide will have the 1e setting as a Shard, an A,erican Gods-inspired Mode might come later (where you play as weak Incarnated Gods), and my absolute favorite - Neal hopes to do a Romance Mode!
      Last edited by atamajakki; 10-11-2016, 10:39 PM.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

[20:03] <+Neall> Keftiu: when you hit Legend 3, and every third Legend after, you get an Omen that sort of…sits on you. It’s an expression of your divine nature. Could be the lack of an eye. Could be an animal head.

I like this...

Comment

Big highlights for me: the Incarnate Genesis might get pushed up for the Nemetendevos, we're seeing a Geasa preview soon, Apep is the Titan of Chaos, ushabti, windigo, and three kinds of valkyrie are in, sorcerors might get their own supplement, you get an Omen (as subtle as Odin's missing eye, as grand as the animal heads of the Nether) every three dots of Legend, the Translation Guide will have the 1e setting as a Shard, an A,erican Gods-inspired Mode might come later (where you play as weak Incarnated Gods), and my absolute favorite - Neal hopes to do a Romance Mode!

The omen is my new favourite thing

Comment

So I had a little bit of trouble following the order of the IRC chat, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one, so I decided to chop it all up, putting Neall's responses right next to the pertinent question, and edit out the non-Q&A related lines.

And here it is!

[19:05] <+Kyman201> Neall, a hypothetical… Can you play as the Scion of a Titan or Titanspawn, and is there anything more elaborate in switching sides beyond saying “Screw you, Dad!” and joining a Band?
            [19:09] <+Neall> Kyman201, yes, you can. Not out of the core, though the Tuatha do have some funky genetics.
            [19:10] <+Neall> I’d love to do a Titan book later on.

[19:05] <+Keftiu1> How did you decide on which gods to merge or cut? There’s some of each with the Netjer (Aset, Hathor, Sekhemt) that I’m personally saddened about, and hearing a little on the process would soothe the pain.
            [19:08] <+Neall> Keftiu1, the Netjer in particular were troublesome, long-existing as they are. We consulted experts, but also decided over a long talk over what was best for the game.
            [19:09] <+Neall> We go into the reasoning a bit further in Build Your Own Pantheon, but basically: if you consider that the Gods are singular entities (mostly) over a long time span, which could be conflated as “merely” elder versions of another?

[19:05] <+Guest03> Can you tell us about priests and sorcerers?
            [19:08] <+Neall> Guest03, priests and saints are two different things in the first part of Scion – the former is part of a cult, an official rank, while the latter is a mortal who espouses Divine Virtues. Sorcerers, by contrast, have stolen part of the power of the Gods and use it to work their magics.
            [19:08] <+Neall> They have to have a source of Legend to do so.

[19:05] <+Tiresias> What kinds of tasks do gods have for their Scions?
            [19:06] <+Neall> Tiresias, anything from retrieving divine relics to finding holy molly plants to working some element of their Purview within the World (Venus may ask you to help a struggling married couple find love, except not with each other) to working against their enemies, be they divine or Titan.
            [19:07] <+Neall> Expect Loki’s Scions to be particularly troublesome to other Tuatha.

[19:10] <+Yig> Will the Create a Purview rules also sort of double as a create your own boons rules considering they make up a bulk of a purview? For example, could they be used to help us create additional boons for a already existing purview to further give characters a unique feel?
            [19:12] <+Neall> Yig, yes, that’s part of the point of them. They’ll have new Boon examples and how to further specify out a Purview, like Fire (Volcano).

[19:10] <+shadrad> How does one account for gods that, in their legends, have died (and thus, caused other events to take place)? For instance, Lugh is betrayed and drowned according to his mythology, but clearly he’s alive and well.
            [19:12] <+Neall> Shadrad, if a God dies, their mantle – their divine identity – persists. Some Incarnation of theirs, or another Scion, can potentially absorb and become it.
            [19:13] <+Neall> Not saying that’s why Aphrodite has two different origin stories, but…

[19:10] <+Stray> What are the big differences between 1st Ed Titans and 2nd Ed Titans?
            [19:14] <+Neall> Stray: 1e Titans were huge, and had lil’ Titans emanating from them. In 2e, the huge Titans are called Primordials, while the lil’ ones are the Titans, are they’re as powerful as Gods (and independent). They’re consumed by their Purviews, and blast that energy out, warping the World. They’re not necessarily malevolent, but they are reckless and dangerous.

[19:11] <+[FallenEco]> Is there any hope to have those ‘passed over deities’ show up later? I mean the minor ones
            [19:14] <+Neall> FallenEco, yes, in later books as space permits. However, feel free to make your own. BYOP will give some examples!

[19:10] <+Grendal> I imagine the Netjer were difficult, does that mean another russian pantheon is out? I never could find many sources on them
            [19:14] <+Neall> Grendal, we’re looking at how to do the Slavic pantheon, but we definitely want Baba Yaga in there.

[19:15] <+Tiresias> I’m not quite sure how to phrase this one but… The Followers Birthright. How did you make it not suck beyond the Hero tier?
            [19:17] <+Neall> Tiresias, by stepping up the quality of Followers and having them add to your own power, via special Knacks, passive bonuses, and the like. I mean, Hercules kept Ioalus around for a couple of reasons…

[19:15] <+Dambeavers> I overheard that you had plans for monotheistic religions (mostly abrahamic ones), so what are they?
            [19:18] <+Neall> Dambeavers: Monotheism exists in the World, primarily as a tool to fuck over other pantheons. There’s a Caananite Pantheon in the World. If you want to make your own pantheon with Archangels, that’s what the rules are there for.

[19:15] <+Keftiu1> Can you tell us the ideas you have on the back-burner for later, non-Companion supplements?
            [19:18] <+Neall> Keftiu1: KING ARTHUR. Also Folk Heroes.

[19:16] <+Guest82> So the Titans and Titanspawn are independent from the Primordials, but still dangerous, what else can you tell us about the Primordials?
            [19:18] <+Neall> Guest82, not all of them are hostile to humanity, but they’re all consumed by their Purviews. Prometheus didn’t want to warm humanity, he wanted to see the fires burn, and he knew the monkeys would light the world afire.

[19:16] <+CenobitePrime> Fantastic information about the deaths of deities and absorbing their essence!
            [19:19] <+Neall> CenobitePrime, but you also absord their identity. 😉

[19:19] <+Okami> Does Scion adoption work the same in 2e as it did in 1e? If not what are the differences narratively or mechanically? I love the dynamics of a child born of one pantheon yet adopted into another. Also please god yes King Arthur.
            [19:21] <+Neall> Okami, not quite. I suppose you could do it the 1e way, but for the most part adopted Scions are handled by the Chosen Scions – when you’re of a special bloodline or do something related to a god, mythopoetically speaking, they can adopt you.

[19:19] <+Jeddy> Can you give us some hints about how cults for Scions are formed an work
            [19:22] <+Neall> Jeddy, it’s not on the same level as the game, but it’s designed to generate plots for Scions and influence play. It ties in a bit to the downtime stories mechanics.

[19:19] <+Grendal> How are boons related to callings? That bit always confused me a bit.
            [19:22] <+Neall> Grendal, they’re not. They were in an early build, but Callings are independent of Boons.

[19:20] <+Keftiu1> Which supernaturals have their own Paths in Origins? Is it at least one per Pantheon?
            [19:22] <+Neall> Keftiu1, oh, a bunch. Kitsune, beserkers, some shapeshifters, valkyries of three different stripes…

[19:19] <+Yig> What will be the average healing rate of mortals in origin? If played purely by the book will even mortals seem to jump back fairly quickly after being badly injured or will a certain level of mythological survival/horror be a easy theme to emulate?
            [19:23] <+Neall> Yig, it’s by story, so it depends on how injured they get. A -4 doesn’t clear for an entire story. The game isn’t built to do horror, though, by design. We might address that in a Mode later on.

[19:23] <+Grendal> Can anyone be Chosen? Or are there prerequisites?
            [19:26] <+Neall> Grendal, no, not everyone can be Chosen. It requires special bloodlines and/or a tie to some element of the God’s myth.
            [19:26] <+Neall> It’s not something you can engineer.

[19:24] <+[FallenEco]> Can you aquire additional Callings?
            [19:26] <+Neall> FallenEco, you can change one of your three, but you always have three CAllings.

[19:24] <+Keftiu1> What kinda things do Genesis Knacks do?
            [19:27] <+Neall> Keftiu1, Chosen are better at determining Fatebindings, while Inherited Scions can choose from a larger Knack list. That sort of thing. 🙂

[19:24] <+Keftiu1> Specific one here, is Apep/Apophis a Titan (of Chaos, presumably), or just a really big, nasty snake?
            [19:27] <+Neall> Also, Apep is totally a Titan of Chaos.

[19:24] <+Guest82> Any more details on the Primordials and Titans? Are they similar to the Exalted Primordials?
            [19:28] <+Neall> Guest82, Primordials are deities “too big” for the World, and only properly manifest in the Overworld as neighboring god-bodies and the occasional God-level Incarnation.
            [19:28] <+Guest82> Are they still the ancestors of the gods?
            [19:31] <+Neall> Guest82, sometimes yes, sometimes no.

[19:28] <+CenobitePrime> Why do certain pantheons seem to have more epic attributes than others? I’m thinking in particular about the Tuatha preview we just saw a few days ago… Also, please add my voice as a request for the Slavic pantheon.
            [19:29] <+Neall> Cenobite, it’s generally because that pantheon is more “physical” than others in the myths.

[19:28] <+xyphoid> what state of development’s the game in – is this a demon the descent KS where it’s written, or an exalted KS where it’s gonna get written later?
            [19:29] <+Neall> xyphoid, see theonyxpath.com, but it’s in first drafts and is being developed. So…halfway, but closer to written.

[19:28] <+Kyman201> In cases like Seth in the Egyptian pantheon who was heroic in legends preceding the split of the Upper and Lower Kingdoms, and reviled and villainous after given his patronage there, does that affect the god itself via Fate?
            [19:30] <+Neall> Kyman201, he’s like everyone else – a mixture of good and bad.
            [19:30] <~Dan> (He’s just Set in his ways.)

[19:28] <+sendoshin> I’m actually curious about the question Helicase21 asked at the start (it got skipped somehow) – to paraphrase how would a group of well-prepared and well-armed mortals, say SEAL Team 6, fare against a single Hero-level Scion?
            [19:31] <+Neall> sendoshin: it depends on the Scion, but they might actually win if the Scion is Legend 1. A Legend 4 Scion? No. They’d just encase the area in plants or cause everyone to be depressed via ocean sympathy.

[19:28] <+Ninkosneen> Can you elaborate on the valkyries? One of my favorite concepts for certain.
            [19:31] <+Neall> Ninkosneen, we’ve got classic valkyries, shieldmaidens, warrior women of Dahomey (not valkyries, but…same statistics…)

[19:29] <+[FallenEco]> You’ve said that you intend to have Polynesian, Slavic and Mesopotamian pantheons in Demigod. How many do you have ‘set aside’ for current projects?
            [19:32] <+Neall> FallenEco, a couple.

[19:32] <+Tiresias> Any chance Verethragna will make it into the Yazata? I should love his name’s etymology.
            [19:33] <+Neall> Tiresias: maybe! Haven’t decided on them yet.

[19:32] <+Yig> When you say special bloodlines are required for chosen scions do you mean a divine bloodline or anything particularly special that a god may take interest in? For example, my one player wants to run a character who is a direct descendant of Genghis Khan and shares quite a bit of his natural spark towards conquest which interests Ares.
            [19:33] <+Neall> Yig: That’s a fine concept for a Scion. A REALLY good one.

[19:32] <+Grendal> Sorry if this is specific, but would say Odysseus be a Chosen scion?
            [19:33] <+Neall> Grendal: He could be! …probably of Athena.

[19:32] <+Keftiu> I know they’re slated for much later on in the line, but could we hear a little about Incarnations?
            [19:34] <+Neall> Keftiu: When a God spins off an element of themselves into the World to sire and enjoy it, that’s an Incarnation. An Incarnated Scion is what happens to an Incarnation when the God dies – they become a “real boy” and a Scion in and of themselves.
            [19:34] <+Neall> Of course, you can have multiple Incarnations at one time…

[19:33] <+Keftiu> Do the Abrahamic faiths have any supernatural mojo to throw around?
            [19:35] <+Neall> Keftiu: Dunno. Some of them do, doubtless.

[19:32] <+DSPaul> What are Titanic Virtues like? Are there Titanic saints?
            [19:36] <+Neall> DSPaul: There’s four of them, related to how the Titan treats their Purview and their relationship with the Primordials.

[19:32] <+Lin_Chong> Why made you folks change to the storypath system? How does it work?
            [19:36] <+Neall> Lin_Chong: We wanted a system that was ours, but one that also wasn’t based on horror and did some things like action-adventure more elegantly.

[19:36] <+LiteraryLord> Is the backstory with the Titans sealed in the Underworld still canon? Anything else we should know about Titans and Primordials in 2e? I noticed that the Greater Titan of Earth from 1e has been knocked down a level for one thing.
            [19:37] <+Neall> LiteraryLord: they’re not all sealed in the Underworld, though many are. The general feeling is “divine Cold War” with the Gods on one side and most of the sealed Titans on the other. So they fight through proxies as the war slowly heats up. Proxies like their children and their worshippers.

[19:36] <+Guest82> How much does a god’s nature affect a Scion? Could the Scion of a love god(dess) be a bloodthirsty warrior, or is the closest they can get a lustful hedonist chasing multiple partners?
            [19:38] <+Neall> Guest82: One of your Callings must match your parents’. But in-canon? Caesar was a Scion of Venus. You’ll always relate back, but you can be totally different.

[19:36] <+Lin_Chong> In Scion 1E, the Buddhist “deities” basically seemed like frauds. What place do they have in 2E?
            [19:38] <+Neall> Lin_Chong: One of my writers wants to do a Buddhist pantheon so badly.

[19:36] <+JimG> Some mythologies are kinda dark and adult, did you ever struggle in how to present them? (Zeus being rapey for example, or King Minos’s wife, Phasiphae) did that ever present a challenge? How do you deal with those subject matters?
            [19:39] <+Neall> JimG: In a word, yes. We give a lot of advice on how to present things at your table in a respectful manner. This is, needless to say, a game – nobody should be getting hurt by playing this, unless that’s something they want to explore.

[19:40] <+Guest25> Has the battle wheel been removed in 2E? Would like a more streamlined system of combat.
            [19:40] <+Neall> Guest25: Yes, it’s been removed. We use popcorn intiative.
            [19:45] <+JamesGillen> Sorry, what’s ‘popcorn inititaive?’
            [19:48] <+Neall> JamesGillen: You go, then you choose who goes next.

[19:39] <+[FallenEco]> What is the relationship between the Titans and Primordials like? Obviously it varies on individuals but in general…
            [19:40] <+Neall> FallenEco: “Cold War” is the operative phrase. One is Russia, the other America. And the rest of the World is caught in-between…
            [19:41] <+Neall> Sometimes they’re friendly, though. The Tuatha can’t stop having hate sex. And several Titans live comfortably on Olympus.
            [19:41] <+Neall> The Devas call anyone they don’t like a Titan. Especially the Yazatas and the Aesir.

[19:41] <+CenobitePrime> What’s the timeline/plan for Scion: Demi-god and Scion: God as releases/ independent kickstarters?
            [19:42] <+Neall> CenobitePrime: A year, hopefully.

[19:40] <+KingCarnival> How do downtime adventures work?
            [19:42] <+Neall> KingCarnival: They’re still in testing, so hopefully well. I know that’s not an answer. ;_

[19:42] <+Keftiu> Are any Shards in Hero? You’ve mentioned the idea and it makes me drool.
            [19:43] <+Neall> Keftiu: No, but some may be in the companion.

[19:42] <+Crazy-Cabal> How are backgrounds stacking up? Followers and artifacts weren’t as useful as just raw epic stats back in the day.
            [19:43] <+Neall> Crazy-Cabal: They’re working out that you’ll really want a Guide or a Relic.

[19:42] <+LiteraryLord> So Titans are a bit more morally varied than 2e, how do the Primordials differ from the Greater Titans?
            [19:43] <+Neall> LiteraryLord: There are no Greater Titans in 2e.

[19:43] <+Gusty737> What are we going be seeing in the scion translation guide? are talking full porting of scion’s original setting or just translation of the knacks, purviews, and psp’s?
            [19:44] <+Neall> Gusty737: A big discussion on what’s changed, some translations, a few Modes of play, the original setting as a Shard, and a big long discussion on how to build a good character in 2e.
            [19:44] <+Neall> That last part is kind of the stealth purpose of the supplement.
            [19:44] <+Neall> Shh.

[19:45] <+littlescionguy> Did you have to source an expert on each Pantheon, or was it not necessary for more well known Pantheons like Greco-Roman?
            [19:46] <+Neall> littlescionguy: It wasn’t necessary, but we did anyways.

[19:45] <+KingCarnival> What are Modes?
            [19:47] <+Neall> KingCarnival: They’re alternate rules.

[19:45] <+Keftiu> How did you approach bringing in the very Theoi-centric concept of Titans to the other Pantheons? I’m a little surprised the concept was carried over in 2e because of that.
            [19:47] <+Neall> Keftiu: Well, 1e did it. We couldn’t change everything. But it works well for everyone who isn’t the Orisha. Many folks have “enemy Gods” as a concept.

[19:45] <+Turtle> It seems like all of the birthrights provide direct special abilities to the scions. Do they all provide different amounts of that, or are they solely balanced on what else they can provide?
            [19:47] <+Neall> Turtle: They’re balanced on what they provide.

[19:48] <+Keftiu> Have you considered doing historical settings?
            [19:50] <+Neall> Keftiu: Yes, especially Arthur.

[19:48] <+Grendal> How combat focused is the game? And is a non combatant character going to be a viable play method?
            [19:50] <+Neall> Grendal: Very! But yes. We have “three areas of action” that you can play, including investigation-thrillers and emotional dramas.
            [19:51] <+IanW> The three areas of action in Storypath match up well to Social, Mental, and Physical.

[19:48] <+Keftiu> What led your team to make the supernatural so openly existing in 2e, compared to 1e and the popularity of settings with a ‘masquerade?’
            [19:51] <+Neall> Keftiu: Really, 1e worked the same way, it just never said it didn’t have a Masquerade. Things are still on the down-low in Scion 2e.

[19:48] <+Tiresias> What does the Liminal calling do?
            [19:51] <+Neall> Tiersias: Travel, minor underworld stuff, and outsiders.

[19:48] <+LiteraryLord> I know the Greater Titans aren’t in 2e, I was asking about how the Primordials are different than them besides the Titans being more independent than the 1e Titan aspects (how are those changed BTW, is there any major changes to say, Prometheus, you mentioned him earlier). Are they still extremely single-minded?
            [19:51] <+Neall> LiteraryLord: usually.

[19:51] <+HeartQuintessence> When talking of the different Gensises… genesses? Genesii?- Chosen, Called, ect.. Is there themeatic different, can a Scion ultimately become god of a new pantheon, or build a new pantheon?
            [19:52] <+Neall> HeartQuintessence: Wait for the question go command! …but yes, you can make your own pantheon.

[19:52] <+Kyman201> So, how will 2e Geasa be different than “TOO MANY SUCCESSES” 1e Geasa?
            [19:55] <+Neall> Kyman201: Tell you what, we’ll do a preview of Geasa.

[19:52] <+Keftiu> Can you say anything about non-core Modes? They’re almost as exciting as lore stuff to me.
            [19:55] <+Neall> Keftiu: Stuff like American Gods as a Mode, where the Gods are fully Incarnate but very weak.
            [19:55] <+Neall> Not that we call it American Gods mode.

[19:52] <+Yig> I saw mention of a potential larger relic creation supplement in the future. Is this still the general plan is a potential section in companion being thrown around? I know the sooner the better would be awesome but at the same time the concept of it all being in 1 big relic supplement sounds really good.
            [19:55] <+Neall> Yig: Yes, it’s the next stretch goal, I think.
            [19:58] <+Yig> A follow up to the relics question. Yes to the companion section or yes to it being its own larger supplement? Ultimately, do you feel a larger supplement is needed or would a smaller section suffice provided the example options were expansive enough? (Thanks for the details!)
            [20:00] <+Neall> Yig: Yes to the companion section.

[19:52] <+Guest82> So, a connection has to exist SOMEWHERE, but it can be a very distant one. Like my earlier example, my love god Scion might be a bloodthirsty berserker who is empowered by his love?
            [19:55] <+Neall> Guest82: Sure!

[19:52] <+evilnerf> Does the Emotional Drama area of action have mechanics to it?
            [19:56] <+Neall> Evilnerf: Yes, it totally does.
            [19:56] <+Neall> It’s about as much room dedicated to it as combat.

[19:52] <+Jeddy> do scions freely talk about their heritage, or is it assume no one would believe them
            [19:56] <+Neall> Jeddy: They can, and do.

[19:52] <+LiteraryLord> Is the Allied Pantheon from the WWII era slated to return in 2e? I liked that idea.
            [19:56] <+Neall> LiteraryLord: No, though the three daughters of Athena – Columbia, Britannia, Marianne – all do exist.

[19:52] <+[FallenEco]> Where do you plan on putting the rules for ‘upgraded’ sorcerers, assuming the basic model is playable from Origins?
            [19:57] <+Neall> FallenEco: Their own personal supplement.

[19:55] <+Gusty737> Will the alonquin pantheon include concepts for the darker side of the mythology? will we see ancient beings, shapeshifters, or legendary animals? how do you plan to handle the native bestiary?
            [19:57] <+Neall> Gusty737: Mostly through templates built to your specifications. We’ll provide a ton of examples.

[19:57] <+Keftiu> How queer can we expect the books to be?
            [20:00] <+Neall> Keftiu: VERY queer. Just like the Gods. We keep to them as queer as they are in myth.

[19:57] <+Keftiu> Does Scion break if you want to keep your game at the Hero tier of play? Are you expected to climb in Legend up to God by default?
            [20:00] <+Neall> Keftiu: No. We designed it so you can plateau at any point.

[19:58] <+LiteraryLord> How does in-universe Pantheon creation work?
            [20:01] <+Neall> LiteraryLord: You take a Band and forge a new Creation Myth. And your pantheon sort of…retroactively rewrites it so they were ALWAYS there.

[20:02] <+[FallenEco]> How many supplements do you have ideas for? Not counting Demigod, God and the Companion. Arthurian Myth and Sorcerers have been hinted at
            [20:02] <+Neall> FallenEco: A bunch. A whole line’s worth.

[20:01] <+Keftiu> Can we see a Horror mode sometime?
            ?? [20:03] <+Neall> Keftiu: Only in your pantheon. ??

[20:02] <+Keftiu> How do Netjer animal heads work? (Asking about Omens, essentially.)
            [20:03] <+Neall> Keftiu: when you hit Legend 3, and every third Legend after, you get an Omen that sort of…sits on you. It’s an expression of your divine nature. Could be the lack of an eye. Could be an animal head.
            [20:04] <+Neall> It’s largely cosmetic, but it does have some effects when you’re searching for a character or working motifs.
            [20:04] <+JamesGillen> Could be theme music?
            [20:04] <+Neall> JamesGillen: Absolutely!
            [20:04] <+Neall> A choir singing, etc.
            [20:05] <+IanW> Yakkety Sax

[20:02] <+shadrad> How do I stat an angry celestial solar peacock?😀
            [20:04] <+Neall> shadrad: They’re in the core, I think.

[20:05] <+Okami> if the default is cold war, is there a plan in mind in terms of meta-narratvie in the setting as a whole? Mmm, no, bad way of phrasing that, is whats going to happen further on in this Cold War something the staff wants to work a little bit on in further books or leave that entirely to players?
            [20:08] <+Neall> Okami: no metaplot right now.

[20:06] <+Leetsepeak> Can you talk about the Social mechanics, Neall?
            [20:09] <+Neall> Leetsepeak: It revolves around social Bonds and Atmosphere, of ties to individuals and the general attitude of the room.

[20:06] <+Keftiu> Any chance of a Horror mode or is Scion too action-packed for it?
            [20:09] <+Neall> Keftiu: Maybe later.

[20:07] <+[FallenEco]> Pantheons give a motif with the signature purview and relics give access to associated motif…are all purviews limited by motif when working miracle?
            [20:09] <+Neall> FallenEco: Yes.

[20:08] <+Keftiu> How dis your team decide to build Origins tier in when 1e lacked it? I think it’s an amazing addition.
            [20:09] <+Neall> Keftiu: We wanted some Tier to explore the World without warping it too much. We liked the setting too much.

[20:10] <+Neall> Jeddy: One Calling and one Purview. And the stuff they give you, of course~

[20:10] <+evilnerf> How Manannan has neither Animal (Horse) or Death? Both of those seem really central to his myth, but are completely missing from his purviews.
            [20:13] <+Neall> evilnerf: He’s mostly a psychopomp, not lord of the dead. And he’s got A horse, he’s not God of Horses like Poseidon. His Horse is a high-level Creature.

[20:10] <+littlescionguy> Erm, a bit philosophical, how exactly are all myths true? Is the world simultaneously the present of several mythic pasts, if that makes any sense?🙂
            [20:13] <+Neall> littlescionguy: Actually, yes! Check out the setting preview earlier in the KS.

[20:10] <+Lin_Chong> I heard that the only Epic attributes left were strength. Presumably, all the other things are handled with purviews. What prompted this change?
            [20:14] <+Neall> Lin_Chong: Strength, Dexterity, Stamina. You mostly see gods being superhuman in terms of might, and that fits our action model. You don’t see Gods, how do I put this, being Reed Richards or doing super-math.

[20:10] <+Dambeavers> You’ve mentioned kitsune, but I wanted to confirm: will we have rules for playing as centaurs, elves, nymphs, satyrs, dwarves and assorted mystical creatures?
            [20:14] <+Neall> Dambeavers: Yes.

[20:10] <+Keftiu> Any hope of more Geneses being added?
            [20:14] <+Neall> Keftiu: I can’t think of any more, but sure!

[20:10] <+LiteraryLord> So, I presume you have some control over the Omens you get, and can make new ones? How much trouble can a Scion get into for blowing the Masquerade wide open through a battle?
            [20:14] <+Neall> LiteraryLord: Not a lot of trouble, because there’s no Masquerade. But they might get REALLY Fatebound, which is why you don’t do it often.

[20:15] <+Keftiu> Can The Dagda revive the dead.
            [20:16] <+Neall> Keftiu: Not by himself.

[20:15] <+Tiresias> Can you tell us anything about the Star purview?
            [20:16] <+Neall> Tiresias: It’s about teleportation and postcognition.

[20:15] <+Grendal> I didn’t want to be the person to ask this and please don’t think me rude but… why does Brighid not have forge?
            [20:17] <+Neall> Grendal: Because I forgot to put it in.
            [20:17] <+Neall> She does have it.
            [20:17] <+Neall> I just left it off accidentally because, when the writer wrote it, we were going to have Forge as a stretch goal and I, the dev, did not put it back in when I made the preview.
            [20:17] <+Neall> And I got too annoyed to add it in after the fact.
            [20:17] <+Neall> So…she does have it!

[20:15] <+LiteraryLord> So, going off of the all myths are true bit, a new pantheon gains a retroactive presence in mortal myth, right? How much can this affect history>
            [20:18] <+Neall> LiteraryLord: It really affects it! You’ll learn how much in God.

[20:15] <+Keftiu> I know she’s not in, but would you allow Scions of Hecate or would they be titanspawn?
            [20:18] <+Neall> Keftiu: Dunno. They might be Titanspawn.

[20:15] <+Jeddy> What ramifications, if any, would ascion face for coming out on youtube or other such platform
            [20:18] <+Neall> Jeddy: None. People might not believe them.

[20:19] <+Keftiu> How do the Nemetendevos work with the Incarnates so much later on in the line? Wouldn’t all their Scions be Incarnate?
            [20:19] <+Neall> Keftiu: I might move it up for them.

[20:18] <+Keftiu> Gaullish? Gallic?
            [20:20] <+Neall> Kyman: Nemetons!

[20:18] <+Keftiu> Is there a sidebar somewhere race and how it ties to the Pantheons? Got into a spat about a white Orisha Scion elsewhere.
            [20:20] <+Neall> Keftiu: there’s a whole section on race and playing.

[20:18] <+Turtle> What precisely are the repercussions of becoming fatebound in second?
            [20:20] <+Neall> Turtle: Fate will start encouraging you into specific narratives. At higher levels, it punishes you if you don’t abide by them.

[20:19] <+Guest82> Omens are customization open and choosable right?
            [20:20] <+Neall> Guest82: Absolutely.

[20:22] <+LiteraryLord> Sorry, was thinking of 1e again for a sec. How much might the average person run into the supernatural on a regular basis?
            [20:24] <+Neall> LiteraryLord: Not too much, but once in a while, you will. You may run into it without knowing.

[20:22] <+Keftiu> Forgive my ignorance, but is Cernunnos among the Nemetendevos or no?
            [20:24] <+Neall> Keftiu: He is.

[20:22] <+Hellfirerising> What’s your preferred patheon?
            [20:24] <+Neall> Hellfirerising: I’m a big Tuatha fan.

[20:22] <~Dan> How large of a bestiary does the book contain?
            [20:24] <+Neall> Dan: It’s about 25k, with more as stretch goals.

[20:22] <+Guest82> Are there any atheists then?
            [20:25] <+Neall> Guest82: Yes, but they’re more like “I don’t think you’re worth worshipping”
            [20:25] <+Neall> To that point though
            [20:25] <+Neall> I stress heavily in the book that these are GODS
            [20:25] <+Neall> You might not consider them worthy of worship, but objectively, they’re parts of the World so powerful you can’t deny it
            [20:25] <+Neall> Worship is not an inappropriate response

[20:24] <+Gusty737> will alonquin magic and handiworks have special entries? will alonquins get special powers for things like agricultural techniques?
            [20:26] <+Neall> Gusty737: Their PSP is being previewed tomorrow.🙂

[20:25] <+Argetlahm> Is there any possibility of Slavic, Siberian or Steppe pantheons?
            [20:26] <+Neall> Argetlahm: Yes to all three, the former is confirmed for Demigod.

[20:26] <+Keftiu> Is the whole Aten mess still in 2e?
            [20:28] <+Neall> Keftiu: Yes, Aten is still in 2e.

[20:26] <+Keftiu> What does the Netjer PSP do? The name threw me off, as it just means ‘magic.’
            [20:28] <+Neall> Keftiu: it releases vast amounts of divine energy in specific ways.

[20:26] <+Kyman201> Okay I gotta ask. The Fertility Purview: Is it still just plants or will it warrant a Takei “Oh My”?
            [20:29] <+Neall> Kyman201: I actually specifically resigned the Fertility Purview to be really badass.
            [20:29] <+Neall> A Fertility Scion can look at you, destroy your house with huge plants, give you cancer, and kill your grandpa
            [20:29] <+Neall> And that’s in the first three seconds

[20:26] <+Yig> Is Andarta make the cut in the Nemetendevos? Also, does their purview still include leading an mob of naked people who fight like their fully armored? lol Gotta love unarmed armor bonuses.
            [20:29] <+Neall> Yig: Andarta does.
            [20:30] <+Neall> Their PSP is about drawing power from the land and shrines
            [20:30] <+Neall> Fertility Purview is legitimately frightening
            [20:30] <+Neall> Every time you see a fertility god in myth every other god is like “please don’t mess with them”

[20:26] <+shadrad> Any plans for ways to engage/connect with the playing community after/between releases? Such as prompts, challenges, user-submitted content, etc?
            [20:31] <+Neall> shadrad: stay tuned to the KS 😉

[20:31] <+Keftiu> Will all of the Pantheons have modern religions like the Theoi preview described in its Mysteries? Asking as a halfhearted Kemetic pagan.
            [20:34] <+Neall> Keftiu: Yes, they almost all have some form of unreconstructed religion.

[20:31] <+Eleni> If there aren’t Epic Social or Mental Attributes, how does 2e approach tricksters and wisdom gods (or the trope of divine beauty)?
            [20:35] <+Neall> Eleni: There’s Callings, divine Archetypes that govern Knacks. Lover and Trickster are two of them. 🙂

[20:31] <+Keftiu> Could we get a glimpse at character creation sometime soon? Not enough to play, but enough to amuse ourselves with.
            [20:35] <+Neall> Keftiu: No glimpse just yet.

[20:32] <+Gusty737> will we be seeing “the three sisters” (corn, beans, & squach), or will they be treated more like an alonquin mantle in demigod?
            [20:35] <+Neall> Gusty737: You’ll see Corn, at least.

[20:36] <+Argetlahm> How will godly artifacts be handled? Something like Exalted’s Evocations system?
            [20:41] <+Neall> Argetlahm: No, you build your own.

[20:36] <+FallenEco> Guides can grant purview access now, how?
            [20:41] <+Neall> FallenEco: Athena grants you her blessing of War.

[20:36] <+Grendal> About how long will the regular Origins and Hero PDFs take to come through?
            [20:42] <+Neall> Grendal: May 2017.

[20:36] <+Keftiu> Sasquatches?
            [20:36] <+Keftiu> Can wendigo get in or are they too far north?
            [20:42] <+Neall> Keftiu: Windigo are antagonists.

[20:35] <+Keftiu> Can Scions return from the dead, given that many heroes do?
            [20:43] <+Neall> Keftiu: Yes, they can return from the dead.

[20:43] <+Keftiu> What are the odds of a Romance Mode? Lots of (especially indie) games are exploring that narrative space and myth is rife with stories of love and lust and loss.
            [20:44] <+Neall> Keftiu: High.

[20:43] <+Yig> Any possibility of seeing the rewritten damage rules for the combat section any time soon? (Since all the confusion) Interested in seeing if it achieves a very positive effect of making high vitality enemies very tanky. Only taking 1 damage each turn eventually since people generally can’t deal dmg equal to their max health in a single blow.
            [20:44] <+Neall> Yig: Soonish. I’ll post them when they’re ready.

[20:43] <+evilnerf> There don’t seem to many gods with Epic Attributes. Are they still necessary for direct combat?
            [20:44] <+Neall> evilnerf: No.
            [20:44] <+Neall>🙂

[20:44] <+Guest73> How likely is a Titan allying with you
            [20:44] <+Neall> Guest73: Really depends on the Titan.

[20:44] <+Keftiu> What’s most-improved from 1e to you? What are you proudest of?
            [20:45] <+Neall> Keftiu: The setting, really. That’s what I’m proudest of.

[20:45] <+Grendal> How are Chosen Knacks different from the Fortune Purview?
            [20:47] <+Neall> Grendal: Chosen Knacks resonate with the particular God.

[20:45] <+Keftiu> Who is fairest of them all?
            [20:47] <+Neall> Keftiu: Wait until Kieron Gillen’s story.

[20:45] <+Keftiu> Can Created do anything especially fun?
            [20:47] <+Neall> Keftiu: take on the traits of their previous state of being.

[20:45] <+FallenEco> What are the odds of a Trinity/Scion crossover Mode/Shards?
            [20:48] <+Neall> FallenEco: IanW keeps saying nil. But I say…Thor can take Divis Mal any day of the week!
            [20:48] <+IanW> FallenEco: Not currently planning on it, but it’s probably something you could do without needing too much tweaking. Neall and I did put together a “The Divinity Continuum: Psion” post on the Onyx Path blog for April Fools this year.

[20:45] <+Argetlahm> Any possibility for a ~Scion Videogame?~ It’d be great to play through something like Neverwinter Nights or Pillars of Eternity
            [20:48] <+Neall> ARgetlahm: Potentially!

[20:51] <+Guest82> Any likely Titans? They’re not very organized among themselves, right? I saw someone about a weirdness censor earlier, is there one in the World?
            [20:53] <+Neall> Guest82: No real weirdness censor.

[20:53] <+Keftiu> A last one from me: Do the Netjer get along with any other Pantheon? It seems like they think themselves better then… well, everyone.
            [20:54] <+Neall> Keftiu: Yes, the Greeks. They’re really good pals, even if the Netjer remind them of that one time they stopped by.

Comment

ffanxii4ever, thanks for the reformatting! As far as the ??? part, I think the response at [20:03] was for:

[20:02] <+Keftiu> Angels: yea or nay?
              [20:03] <+Neall> Keftiu: Only in your pantheon.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                ffanxii4ever, thanks for the reformatting! As far as the ??? part, I think the response at [20:03] was for:

[20:02] <+Keftiu> Angels: yea or nay?
                [20:03] <+Neall> Keftiu: Only in your pantheon.
                I have to wonder if this refers to "there are angels in your Pantheon" or if Neall somehow knew that I was going by another username and was encouraging me to work on my Angelic Pantheon homebrew that I've mentioned.

We're in too deep.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

I have to wonder if this refers to "there are angels in your Pantheon" or if Neall somehow knew that I was going by another username and was encouraging me to work on my Angelic Pantheon homebrew that I've mentioned.
                  To be fair, I kind of suspected. Like, of the regulars on the forums, how many are regularly talking about making an Archangel Host Pantheon? :P

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

To be fair, I kind of suspected. Like, of the regulars on the forums, how many are regularly talking about making an Archangel Host Pantheon? :P
                    I was hiding behind my character's name, my disguise should've been perfect!

Just call me Lex.

Comment

LMFAO, if it makes you feel any better I had no idea reading the transcript.

Comment

Geasa were mentioned and I'm not familiar with that word. I tried looking it up and what came up was just the geas, so is Geasa a pantheon or some alternate reference to a geas?

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                          Geasa were mentioned and I'm not familiar with that word. I tried looking it up and what came up was just the geas, so is Geasa a pantheon or some alternate reference to a geas?
                          I believe it's the plural.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

I was hiding behind my character's name, my disguise should've been perfect!

I figured it out pretty quickly...

Comment

Yeah, geasa is the plural of geas.

Comment

Working...
                              X