Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omen!!!!

Heard the news?

"when you hit Legend 3, and every third Legend after, you get an Omen that sort of…sits on you. It’s an expression of your divine nature. Could be the lack of an eye. Could be an animal head."
    this is great! i'm wondering, is the Narrator who choose the omen? or the player can choose by himself?

What do you think? what omen would you choose for your character?

I'm totally thinking at a manitou's scion, with eagle's feathers growing in the Hairs

Last edited by ElanConnor; 10-12-2016, 06:38 AM.

I hope it's the player chooses. If the ST can just decide I'd think that would interfere with player agency.

Comment

Yeah, especcially if it's "always on" having someone else decide that my character makes a squeaky sound whenever he punches something for example just wouldn't be fun. Now if I decided to do that that's something else entirely. I'd bet it's "Player's choice pending gm approval".

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
        I hope it's the player chooses. If the ST can just decide I'd think that would interfere with player agency.
        Give 2E's Player-Narrative based structure, I think it's safe to say that the player can choose it, although as always, I'm sure there will be some GM negotiation involved.

Comment

Good luck ever getting me to stop picking Netjer when animal heads are an option.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

I think that the collaboration between Narrator and players can create a great Character, otherwise can born this situation:

Hey Tom, by the way, you lost your hand
            - WHAT? WHY?
            - Son of Tyr dude, Son of Tyr.

Comment

Originally posted by evilnerf View Post

Give 2E's Player-Narrative based structure, I think it's safe to say that the player can choose it, although as always, I'm sure there will be some GM negotiation involved.
              I figured it would be, and phrased my post badly.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                Good luck ever getting me to stop picking Netjer when animal heads are an option.
                Hey, just because the others aren't particularly known for animal heads doesn't mean the Netjer get a monopoly. I mean Ganesh is an elephant, Pan hat goat legs, the Aztec gods look all sorts of messed up.

Or at least I hope so, otherwise my idea to make a guardian and warrior calling Aseir that Channels Badgers during his beserker rage won't be nearly as awesome.

Comment

I want a pg with a soundtrack.

Comment

This would explain how Annie X has 4 arms in the art work seen so far (I'm guessing that is supposed to be Annie X... all artwork for her, save for her actual character picture in 1e Companion, has shown her with 4 arms... which is appropriate for a Scion of Kali).

​To be honest, I think this mechanic will boil down to what both the player and ST think is appropriate, interesting and acceptable for a given character. Just as some ST could decide on something completely inappropriate... so too could a player do the same. In the end, it is likely to be a compromise between both player and ST, which it should generally be.

There are three types of people in the world... those who can count and those who can't.
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowstripe View Post
                      (I'm guessing that is supposed to be Annie X... all artwork for her, save for her actual character picture in 1e Companion, has shown her with 4 arms... which is appropriate for a Scion of Kali).
                      I think I heard somewhere that Annie X is getting a different divine parent in 2e. I think the logic was "Man, Kali's one of the better-known Deva. Let's go for something more interesting!"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

I think I heard somewhere that Annie X is getting a different divine parent in 2e. I think the logic was "Man, Kali's one of the better-known Deva. Let's go for something more interesting!"
                        ​Since she still has the skull necklace, is there another Deva who has skulls associated with them? To be honest, the character is rather interesting so I hope they keep that much with her.

There are three types of people in the world... those who can count and those who can't.
                        I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Comment

Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
                          I think that the collaboration between Narrator and players can create a great Character, otherwise can born this situation:

Hey Tom, by the way, you lost your hand
                          - WHAT? WHY?
                          - Son of Tyr dude, Son of Tyr.
                          ​I have a player who had a scion of Odin, this would have been right up his alley!

Call Me Ray.

Southern Gothic - Welcome to New Calais

Who Wants to Live Forever – Highlander in the World of Darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomish American View Post

​I have a player who had a scion of Odin, this would have been right up his alley!

Cruel and hilarious

Comment

He wanted to become Todr, Aes of Doom

Call Me Ray.

Southern Gothic - Welcome to New Calais

Who Wants to Live Forever – Highlander in the World of Darkness

Comment

Working...
                              X