Omen Ideas for Current Characters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omen Ideas for Current Characters

Just as a fun little exercise. How about we come up with some Omens for characters we love:

I think my Scion of Agni's skin would tint a little bit red.

My Incarnate Scion of Azar/Osiris would definitely pick up a bull's head as she works on redefining herself as kind, loving feminine figure, as a nod not only to beautiful Hathor but to humble, sacrificial Apis.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Hmmm,y'know I always saw myself as someone who could be Chose by Hephaestus.
      At Legend 3 I'd have the scent of ashes about me
      At Legend 6 One of my arms would be metal
      At Legend 9 I'll have an aura of smoke and flames
      At Legend 12,i will always have burns marks on my limbs for I became the God of all forgers
      Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 10-12-2016, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Yes! i love this.

Let's see...

ok, a classic one

Pantheon: Manitou
        Son of: The sky god

Legend 3: changing Clouds colors (black turning in grey that turn in white) of the eyes instead of normal colors
        Legend 6: Eagle's Feathers growing on the head like Hairs (like a natural apache hat)
        Legend 9: Smell of rain and thunder noise in the air around the character
        legend 12: Stormy clouds follow the character

Comment

Yeesh, this is exciting.
          Eyes on palms for characters who are protectors/seers/judges
          Speech that is always poetic for characters who are creative/mysterious/tricky. Yes, limericks count, but only when appropriate.
          Weirdly colored hair that cannot be cut for characters centered around holiness, purity or beauty.
          Glowing sigils on tongue for the wise, charming or knowledgeable characters.
          The fertility, travel or asceticism oriented character is always barefoot, leaving unusual tracks that fit his/her character (plants growing, embers glowing, etc.)
          The warrior demigod's face is always covered in war paint appropriate to their culture.
          Or maybe their clothes always appear torn and weapons rusty.
          A sage might have sigils on their skin that decidedly do not look like tattoos if inspected closely.
          Demigods connected to animals might sometimes screech or howl or purr, whatever. Perfectly.

Comment

Good ideas!

ok, another one

Richard Ludgrin - Reincarnation of Volstagg, Hero of Asgard

I know, this is silly, but i'd love play a Warrior like this

Legend 3: Every Clothes richard wears became XL but he doesn't get fat, only the clothes. (richard weighs 65 Kg - 140 pounds)
            Legend 6: From a medium distance Richars looks drunk, even if he doesn't
            Legend 9: Anyone who is near to Richard has a slight feeling of hunger
            Legend 12: Food and Drinks came out of his pockets anytime he wants

Comment

Amanda Jane Smith, Farmgirl Scion of the Manitou

Legend 3: AJ smells like freshly-tilled soil.
              Legend 6: As AJ passes, plants are more vibrant and healthy in her wake.
              Legend 9: When AJ's near fruit and plants, the fruits ripen if they were not so already.
              Legend 12: AJ has a Stenson hat that she considers her most valuable possession. Should she lose it, Fate will conspire to get it back in her hands. (The hat is not a relic. She just likes it)

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

The first thing that sprung to my mind is for Sophia Kallis, my Scion of Athena who is inspired by detectives shows and MacGyver, having the "Policeman's Holiday" curse that no matter where she goes and what she does, a mystery of some kind springs up that she gets involved with.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeldafan42 View Post
                  The first thing that sprung to my mind is for Sophia Kallis, my Scion of Athena who is inspired by detectives shows and MacGyver, having the "Policeman's Holiday" curse that no matter where she goes and what she does, a mystery of some kind springs up that she gets involved with.
                  ​I thought that was an effect of a Scion's Fateful Aura (at least in 1e)... that no matter where a Scion goes, Fate ensures that there is something that will involve the Scion... almost as if trouble seeks them out.

There are three types of people in the world... those who can count and those who can't.
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Comment

The mistery aura is a pretty cool idea, sounds like " Murder, She Wrote Aura" everywhere u'll go, someone will die

Comment

where were the rules on omens spoiled?

Call Me Ray.

Southern Gothic - Welcome to New Calais

Who Wants to Live Forever – Highlander in the World of Darkness

Comment

Stephanie Jackson Scion of Poseidon:
                        ​L3- Inky black eyes
                        ​L6- Always appears water-logged
                        ​L9- rubbery mottled skin
                        L12 - Legs replaced by tentacles, webbed fingers

​(Stefana Gurga - Goddess of the black depths)

Call Me Ray.

Southern Gothic - Welcome to New Calais

Who Wants to Live Forever – Highlander in the World of Darkness

Comment

Son of Vayu, god of the wind - Yazata

Legend 3: It seems he's not breathing
                          Legend 6: He walks 2 inches above the ground
                          Legend 9: Everytime he spokes, the words flies way far than normal
                          Legend 12: His legs are surrounded by a strong little tornado (like this http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ber/alakir.jpg)

Quote: Like Swatting Insects!

Comment

Vasilias Tis Líthtargo, Son of Nyx and Greek god of Sloth and Flies.

Legend 3: The smell of rot always seem to cling to his clothes and tools
                            Legend 6: his eyes are compound like a fly
                            Legend 9: everything aroudn him seens slightly slower,metal rust food rots,even men's sous start to slow down
                            Legend 12: A crown of buzzing fat flies always surround his head

Vasilias was the first member of the Theoi to steal the mantle of another deity in Millenia. He was once only the god of flies and rot,the base matter all men are made of,and due to his morbid fascination with the sin of sloth Vasilias cooked up a scheme. He managed to convince Hypnos God of Dreams that the Titans were all already out of tartarus and had decided to throw hypnos back there. The old god was already going go believe Vasilias Lies but just to be sure he Conjured a illusion of Typhoeus, Titan of Beasts. In his horror hyppnos tried to cast the most powerful of his Boons to send Typhoeues to Eternal Sleep,when he did so the illusion was shattered revealing a speacially prepared mirror meant to send Hypnoss power back to him. By making the God of Sleep slumber forever,Vasilias Tis Líthargo become one of the most distubring members of his pantheon

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomish American View Post
                              where were the rules on omens spoiled?
                              His RPGnet Q&A on IRC.

[20:02] <+Keftiu> How do Netjer animal heads work? (Asking about Omens, essentially.)
                              [20:03] <+Neall> Keftiu: when you hit Legend 3, and every third Legend after, you get an Omen that sort of…sits on you. It’s an expression of your divine nature. Could be the lack of an eye. Could be an animal head.
                              [20:04] <+Neall> It’s largely cosmetic, but it does have some effects when you’re searching for a character or working motifs.
                              [20:04] <+JamesGillen> Could be theme music?
                              [20:04] <+Neall> JamesGillen: Absolutely!
                              [20:04] <+Neall> A choir singing, etc.
                              [20:05] <+IanW> Yakkety Sax

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Working...
                              X