New Beastiary Stretch Goal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Beastiary Stretch Goal

I noticed that there is a new Beastiary Stretch goal, starting with giants. Sound cool.

Yeah, something like this would be extremely helpful for GMs. I'm just kinda disappointed because I don't think we'll get more than one section.

Comment

Bestiaries are great, especially when they're more general. Stats for Krulgor, Frost Giant King of Norway, are less useful to me than general stats for a general giant, then a more powerful version, etc.

I look forward to hearing more.

Comment

Originally posted by evilnerf View Post
        Yeah, something like this would be extremely helpful for GMs. I'm just kinda disappointed because I don't think we'll get more than one section.
        I dunno; given there's usually a big upswing in a Kickstarter's final week, I think there's a fair chance it's going to hit around $300K, adding a few more sections.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by evilnerf View Post
          Yeah, we will. It's already sped up since Geek and Sundry's article, and the final stretch always speeds things up again as well.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

It probably helps that the bestiary pdf only goes to people who pledge for physical books. That's probably going to encourage some fence sitters into paying for hardcopy.

Comment

I don't think it will just be Giants, I just think Giants will get a special focus.

Comment

You know, the Netjer had some great demons romping around Duat...

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
                  It probably helps that the bestiary pdf only goes to people who pledge for physical books. That's probably going to encourage some fence sitters into paying for hardcopy.
                  Only goes for free to people who pledge for physical books. You can just wait and buy the pdf, I know I don't want to have to deal with shipping.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                    Only goes for free to people who pledge for physical books. You can just wait and buy the pdf, I know I don't want to have to deal with shipping.
                    Yeah, I am pretty sure the "free" was implied.

Comment

Yeah, I am pretty sure the "free" was implied.
                      You may have meant to imply it, but you saying it "only goes to people who pledge for physical books" made me have to check the kickstarter to see if they'd actually done that.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                        You may have meant to imply it, but you saying it "only goes to people who pledge for physical books" made me have to check the kickstarter to see if they'd actually done that.
                        Sorry about that.

Comment

Dunno who would be encouraged by some shinny bobble to go from backing it at the PDF level to backing it at the book level *Whistles Innocently*

I'll be your Huckleberry

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                            I don't think it will just be Giants, I just think Giants will get a special focus.
                            I'm pretty sure it's just the Giants section at the moment until we hit other stretch goals to expand it, just like how the Scion Companion worked.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Axelgear View Post
                              Bestiaries are great, especially when they're more general. Stats for Krulgor, Frost Giant King of Norway, are less useful to me than general stats for a general giant, then a more powerful version, etc.

I look forward to hearing more.

I think an important thing to keep in mind when presenting unique individuals is that they can serve the dual purpose of providing a guide on the general thing (in this case, Frost Giants) while also showing an example of how these creatures can be unique. Particularly in a game where stats are not necessarily as important (These creatures might just be presented as Antagonists using quicker rules rather than full characters) it might actually be more valuable to present a unique version because it presents both guidance on the general phenomenon and how to take it a step further.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

Working...
                              X