Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$310,000 Stretch Goal - Licensed Community Content!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $310,000 Stretch Goal - Licensed Community Content!

So this is crazy enough to warrant a thread of its own:

At $310,000, we will create a Community Content section on DTRPG.com that will allow folks who adhere to our standards' guide to create and post their own Scion 2e material on a royalty basis. We will also open up Scion 2e to licensed publishing with other companies. Setting up these programs is something we have never done before, so it will take work to figure out the details, but we believe Scion will become all the richer a game line with these programs in place.
    For those unfamiliar, D&D has been doing a similar idea rather successfully for a year or two now under the DM's Guild imprint, and it's allowed a ton of content to flourish for that system. This is the kind of goal that could keep Scion receiving new content theoretically forever, and allows us fans to not only create our own content but receive tangible benefit from it! This also opens the door to other companies creating their own Scion content, ideally (to me, at least) porting it to other mechanical engines like FATE or something stranger.

This is very exciting stuff, and possibly the most exciting stretch goal of this entire crowdfunding campaign!

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Pathfinder by Paizo has also been doing something very similar to this for several years now. It's rather successful, and I'm excited to see Onyx Path giving a similar method a try.

Comment

I've never heard of this before! How does it work?

Comment

dmsguild.com this site can give you more info on how it works for D&D.

Comment

Say what does Royalty means?

Comment

Book of Erotic Fantasy II confirmed!

Chapter 1: The Theoi
            Chapter 2: The Tuatha de Danann
            Chapter 3: We ran out of space.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
            [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
            [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
              Say what does Royalty means?
              Let's put it this way: you put out your own Scion 2e work for sale in line with Onyx Path's guidelines. In return for you getting the rights to make use of Scion 2e, Onyx Path get a percentage of the money you make from putting your Scion 2e work on sale.

The royalty, in this case, is the money Onyx Path get from your work - the license fee, basically.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Just passed the $310k mark and unlocked the community workshop!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiresias View Post

I mean, a LOT of Egyptian myths involve semen...

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

I mean, a LOT of Egyptian myths involve semen...
                    Book of Erotic Fantasy III - 1001 Ways Myths Used Jizz

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Don't forget the times Zeus gave birth from his forehead and carried a baby to term by sewing it onto his hip, not to mention Loki getting plain old pregnant...

Comment

Originally posted by Tiresias View Post

Sounds like it needs a sequel.

Book of Erotic fantasy III

Chapter I: Netjer
                        Chapter II: Devas (Books like the Kama Sutra as inspiration).
                        Chapter: damn no more space left again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Sounds like it needs a sequel.

Book of Erotic fantasy III

Chapter I: Netjer
                          Chapter II: Devas (Books like the Kama Sutra as inspiration).
                          Chapter: damn no more space left again!!!
                          It turns out that the Kama Sutra has a list of sex things, but most of it is actually hilarious dating advice. It's like the biggest, best issue of Cosmopolitan ever. The list of things an attractive young lady should know is my favorite part of it.

Currently Writing Scion and Geist for Onyx Path, and many other things for other publishers
                          Crowdfund Me Tha Illiad of MC Homer: a hip hop translation of Homer's Iliad

Comment

You're also not going to find a Pantheon with more institutionalized respect for marital fidelity than the Deva.

...comparatively speaking anyway.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

And all i can think of is "Canon Cthulhu mythos"... incoming.

Userhat Aegpts Vlrs. Coren "Ojos de Fuego". Mithrael. Menehet.

Comment

Working...
                              X