Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introductions for new folks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Introductions for new folks

    So quite a few people in the Kickstarter comments section were sad that the crowdfunding campaign is soon coming to an end and thus the little community built up there will go away. I figured I might as well make things easy and offer everybody new to the forums a place to introduce themselves if they decide to hop on over and join the forums here!

    So by all means, tell us a little about yourself and maybe who your favorite Pantheon is!


    Just call me Lex.

    Female pronouns for me, please.

  • #2
    Hi everybody! I'm Alex

    I'm new and i'm introducing myself here.

    So...

    My full name is Alessandro Mattia Chiappetta (chiappetta spelled like Kiappetta) and i'm from Italy. I'm 23 and... well... i don't know what to say.

    I'm not so good with writing in english, be good with me ok? But i'm learning.

    "Elanconnor" is the name of my first scion in an official and long play, A Manitou/anasazi son of Sedna

    My favourite pantheon is the manitou, i like the shaman things and th connection with nature.

    I pledge 20$ for the 2 pdf books and i'm SO exited about all the second edition.

    Scion is my favourite game so far and i'm a pulp narrator, i love big scene, screams,laughs and exagerated stuff, if my players decide to face a huge troll, a king of the mountain trollhunter style, i'm happy. (This says a lot about me, i guess...)


    And... i don't know what to say, but i'll answer some questions if somebody has

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
      Hi everybody! I'm Alex

      I'm new and i'm introducing myself here.

      So...

      My full name is Alessandro Mattia Chiappetta (chiappetta spelled like Kiappetta) and i'm from Italy. I'm 23 and... well... i don't know what to say.

      I'm not so good with writing in english, be good with me ok? But i'm learning.

      "Elanconnor" is the name of my first scion in an official and long play, A Manitou/anasazi son of Sedna

      My favourite pantheon is the manitou, i like the shaman things and th connection with nature.

      I pledge 20$ for the 2 pdf books and i'm SO exited about all the second edition.

      Scion is my favourite game so far and i'm a pulp narrator, i love big scene, screams,laughs and exagerated stuff, if my players decide to face a huge troll, a king of the mountain trollhunter style, i'm happy. (This says a lot about me, i guess...)


      And... i don't know what to say, but i'll answer some questions if somebody has
      Hi Alex. Don't worry about your english, its my first language and I still misspell stuff all the time.

      I went with the $20 PDF deal too.

      Comment


      • #4
        I've been lurking on these forums for a while making the occasional post, but I don't think I've properly introduced myself.

        My name is Michal. I'm transgender, female pronouns please, and a practicing pagan follower of the Norse and Irish gods. More specifically, I follow Thor and Freyja on the Norse side and Brigid on the Irish side.

        Mythology has always been a passion of mine, and my love of it eventually led to me embracing my heritage and reclaiming the gods of my ancestors as my gods.

        Scion means a lot to me because it breathes life back into the myths of old, keeps the memories of the old gods alive and vibrant. It was actually the first edition companion book that taught me about the Tuatha de Dannan and through my own research led to me following Brigid.

        My roommate and I went half and half on the $100 tier on his kickstarter because we know our group will use the physical books, but I also personally backed it at $10 so I could get my name in the book.

        Comment


        • #5
          Welcome to all our newcomers! I'm so glad to see this forum finally coming back to life! It's been so quite and boring around here for far too long!


          "We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
          Captain Malcolm Reynolds

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Zeldafan42 View Post
            I've been lurking on these forums for a while making the occasional post, but I don't think I've properly introduced myself.

            My name is Michal. I'm transgender, female pronouns please, and a practicing pagan follower of the Norse and Irish gods. More specifically, I follow Thor and Freyja on the Norse side and Brigid on the Irish side.

            Mythology has always been a passion of mine, and my love of it eventually led to me embracing my heritage and reclaiming the gods of my ancestors as my gods.

            Scion means a lot to me because it breathes life back into the myths of old, keeps the memories of the old gods alive and vibrant. It was actually the first edition companion book that taught me about the Tuatha de Dannan and through my own research led to me following Brigid.

            My roommate and I went half and half on the $100 tier on his kickstarter because we know our group will use the physical books, but I also personally backed it at $10 so I could get my name in the book.
            Hello Michal, welcome.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi, my name is Jean-Philippe Lacroix, i'm from Québec (Canada) and i'm currently writing a thesis in history at a university in montreal.

              Me and my girlfriend are expecting a scion of our own due in may. Which make me think that i'll have to figure out how to build or procure myself a relic.

              I've started writing on these forum a small while back in order to fight against a weird case of social anxiety. I don't have problem talking to people but writing emails, talking on the phone and writing post in a forum absolutely terrifies me.
              So far this forum has helped me alot. I no longer seem to have anxiety attacks when i'm about to post something and i've even managed to start threads of my own.

              Scion is probably my absolute favorite game and i pledged 100$ for it. I'm also currently running a vampire the requiem game set in miami in the 80s.
              As for my favorite pantheon, i like the aztec a lot but i'm very excited to read the manitou pantheon.

              Comment


              • #8
                I only started posting here during the Kickstarter, so I'll go ahead and say hello even though I've never really been much of a fan of kickstarter comments,--



                Hello, there, I'm Brandon!

                I've been playing roleplaying games for the past 20-years, and I first heard about Scion from my interest in Exalted, but I didn't actually get into the game until I found myself on RPGnet watching a bit of a flamewar between people who were arguing about Nobilis/Scion and which game was better at Mythology. It was pretty bitter and messed up, but it captured my attention, and the end result was that I grabbed Scion: Hero and ended up getting all three hardback books and the Companion.

                I even ran a short little one-shot game with a friend of mine, but I was never really able to get very far into 1e Scion due to the rules-system, so when a 2nd edition was announced... color me interested in seeing what came of it. Based on the previews that we've gotten so far, I feel very happy with my decision to throw $85 at getting a hardcopy of the two corebooks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
                  Hi, my name is Jean-Philippe Lacroix, i'm from Québec (Canada) and i'm currently writing a thesis in history at a university in montreal.

                  Me and my girlfriend are expecting a scion of our own due in may. Which make me think that i'll have to figure out how to build or procure myself a relic.

                  I've started writing on these forum a small while back in order to fight against a weird case of social anxiety. I don't have problem talking to people but writing emails, talking on the phone and writing post in a forum absolutely terrifies me.
                  So far this forum has helped me alot. I no longer seem to have anxiety attacks when i'm about to post something and i've even managed to start threads of my own.

                  Scion is probably my absolute favorite game and i pledged 100$ for it. I'm also currently running a vampire the requiem game set in miami in the 80s.
                  As for my favorite pantheon, i like the aztec a lot but i'm very excited to read the manitou pantheon.
                  Jean-Phillipr, welcome! I have a similar case of anxiety; talking to people offline is effortless for me, but put me in an online instant messenger and I'm overwhelmed with panic. Here's hoping we can both get better!


                  Just call me Lex.

                  Female pronouns for me, please.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey all,
                    My name is Jim Groves. I usually post under my real name, because it keeps me honest and accountable, but I had an existing forum account so I'm just using it for now.

                    I am here at the invitation of the Fabulous Lex!


                    I've been RPing since about 1979 with just about every system under the sun. I'm a freelancer for another game system (Pathfinder), but I always feel cheesy about "flashing credentials" when I am here to post as a fan, like everybody else. I would love to talk to OP about working with them, and there is a set process to do just that, but I just haven't done it yet.

                    I loved the original Scion but I set aside when I didn't have the time to debug some of the mechanics. Having looked over the preview materials, I'm really excited about the direction that Neall and the writers have gone in making this new scalable system.

                    Glad to meet everybody!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm not "new", as I have lurked among the Scion Community for a while now...

                      I'm no stranger to Scion, been with it since it launched. I'm 25 and have been roleplaying since high school. I was first brought into White Wolf (and then into Onyx Path) through Exalted.

                      My all-time favorite pantheon is the Tuatha de Dannan, which I had no idea existed before the original Scion Companion. It actually pushed me to study Irish mythology.
                      Manannán mac Lir is my favorite god among them!

                      I pledged at the $100 level and shelled out more money for the dice.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Heyyo new folks!

                        I'm not a newbie, but might as well do general introductions. Besides, I didn't post here regularly until the Kickstarter got closer. (Truth be told, it wasn't exactly a HOPPING forum before that)

                        Name's Kyman201, but I respond to Ky. I sell bees out in Washington State (Yes, really), and I got into Scion YEARS ago. I even ran two full sagas (Hero to God) using 1E.

                        [Traumatic Flashback Joke]

                        Dunno if I could pick just one favorite pantheon. I'm looking forward to cutting my teeth on ALL of them come the 2e release.

                        Edit: Oh right, I backed the 20 dollar tier. I hardly game in person anymore, so I make due with the PDFs
                        Last edited by Kyman201; 10-22-2016, 02:02 PM.


                        Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I figure I should probably introduce myself: I'm Lex, and while I'm just now coming to Scion with this new edition I've been into tabletop roleplaying for about a decade now, most of that in the World/Chronicles of Darkness gamelines. I'm also a huge history and mythology nerd with a vested interest in the Netjer, as I'm sure the writers are already sick of hearing about.

                          It's nice to meet everyone, and I really hope this subforum can get more lively the closer we get to release!


                          Just call me Lex.

                          Female pronouns for me, please.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                            I figure I should probably introduce myself: I'm Lex, and while I'm just now coming to Scion with this new edition I've been into tabletop roleplaying for about a decade now, most of that in the World/Chronicles of Darkness gamelines. I'm also a huge history and mythology nerd with a vested interest in the Netjer, as I'm sure the writers are already sick of hearing about.

                            It's nice to meet everyone, and I really hope this subforum can get more lively the closer we get to release!
                            Aside from a few details, the above describes me, too.

                            My name is Jonathan, though I'll answer to almost anything. This is my first real delve into Scion (I read Hero but never actually played a game with it) and I've been roleplaying for the better part of 20 years: AD&D 2nd Edition, Alternity, New World/Chronicles of Darkness about 6-7 years back, and D&D 5e about 2 years ago when it launched (I didn't do anything with the playtest, though).





                            "The Man and the Beast are having an amiable picnic in that Savage’s head. It’s rather disturbing." - Blood and Smoke: the Strix Chronicle, pg. 22

                            Member of the Circle of Five Gaming Group

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

                              Jean-Phillipr, welcome! I have a similar case of anxiety; talking to people offline is effortless for me, but put me in an online instant messenger and I'm overwhelmed with panic. Here's hoping we can both get better!
                              Gotta say, having attended the Q&A session with you, I find that a bit surprising. :P

                              Seriously though, sounds like you're improving on your anxiety.


                              Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X