Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Final Stretch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Final Stretch

    We are nearly the end of the KS, my friends. In nine to ten hours, it shall be concluded with a total over 320k. One more stretch goal lies ahead, at 330k, and the list of accomplishments behind has thoroughly filled out the Companion, funded an Earplay interactive audio drama, brought a new book, the bestiary, to life, created a platform for licensed community material, funded the creation of commemorative dice, and more! If you've been on the fence about backing, now is the time to do so. Even those just backing enough for the PDFs will be also receiving a veritable laundry list of perks alongside them.

    But most of all, I want to thank the OPP team for making this an awesome and exciting Kickstarter. You guys put your hearts into it, through ups and downs, and we can't thank you enough.

  • #2
    Always good strategy for the last stretch goal (or 2) to be something theoretically cool to have, but something that won't be cried over if missed. Don't want want a repeat of Mummy the Curse fans still smarting over the Book of Going Westward. Centaurs fills that purpose nicely. Great if we get it, but fine if we don't.

    Of course there's always the strategy of saying "we'll counting Backerkit buy-ups toward any unachieved stretchgoals" if there's something cool after Centaurs. That's always a popular move.


    Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      Always good strategy for the last stretch goal (or 2) to be something theoretically cool to have, but something that won't be cried over if missed. Don't want want a repeat of Mummy the Curse fans still smarting over the Book of Going Westward. Centaurs fills that purpose nicely. Great if we get it, but fine if we don't.

      Of course there's always the strategy of saying "we'll counting Backerkit buy-ups toward any unachieved stretchgoals" if there's something cool after Centaurs. That's always a popular move.
      I'm going to cry about Book of Going Westward until they publish it as the first supplement for Mummy 2e.

      But yes, an awesome campaign overall, and one that succeeded at the most important part: making me completely gloss over Origins and Hero in favor of obsessively coveting the inevitable Demigod crowdfunding campaign.


      Just call me Lex.

      Female pronouns for me, please.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        Always good strategy for the last stretch goal (or 2) to be something theoretically cool to have, but something that won't be cried over if missed. Don't want want a repeat of Mummy the Curse fans still smarting over the Book of Going Westward. Centaurs fills that purpose nicely. Great if we get it, but fine if we don't.

        Of course there's always the strategy of saying "we'll counting Backerkit buy-ups toward any unachieved stretchgoals" if there's something cool after Centaurs. That's always a popular move.
        I'm going to cry about Book of Going Westward until they publish it as the first supplement for Mummy 2e.

        But yes, an awesome campaign overall, and one that succeeded at the most important part: making me completely gloss over Origins and Hero in favor of obsessively coveting the inevitable Demigod crowdfunding campaign.


        Just call me Lex.

        Female pronouns for me, please.

        Comment


        • #5
          Now comes the process of waiting for the books to be finished and delivered. Well, by now I mean in six hours and 25 minutes.

          Comment


          • #6
            $10 to go before $230,000.

            Comment


            • #7
              And there it is. We get centaurs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Next up is Satyrs for the Beastairy. 2 hours, fuck not a chance in hell.

                They should have gone with a $2,500 stretch goal, expand a section like Mantles or Relics, or an extra story for the anthology or a smaller monster section for the Beastary, not a $10,000 goal for 2 hours!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                  Next up is Satyrs for the Beastairy. 2 hours, fuck not a chance in hell.

                  They should have gone with a $2,500 stretch goal, expand a section like Mantles or Relics, or an extra story for the anthology or a smaller monster section for the Beastary, not a $10,000 goal for 2 hours!!!
                  Question is whether there's anything they have they can do for $2,500.

                  On the anthology, I note it's currently at ten stories, which would be a story for every core pantheon at the moment.


                  Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm gonna sound grumpy, but I would have definitely traded off every Anthology stretch goal with bestiary sections.

                    I mean sure, I like neat stories, but I feel like the Anthology has taken a HUUUUGE amount of money out of the total. Where we could have had more stuff in the bestiary, or even the option to make it available for all backers, not only those who can afford both book's physical copies (and the shipping. That's what killed it for me, the international shipping. Can't spend 125 euros on just the corebook of a rpg, especially if I'll then have to do the translation myself for my players.) At least 20 dollars for the PDFs is a very decent price.

                    /rant over. Sorry.


                    "And for my next trick" I said, "anvils!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Evilmarmelade View Post
                      I'm gonna sound grumpy, but I would have definitely traded off every Anthology stretch goal with bestiary sections.

                      I mean sure, I like neat stories, but I feel like the Anthology has taken a HUUUUGE amount of money out of the total. Where we could have had more stuff in the bestiary, or even the option to make it available for all backers, not only those who can afford both book's physical copies (and the shipping. That's what killed it for me, the international shipping. Can't spend 125 euros on just the corebook of a rpg, especially if I'll then have to do the translation myself for my players.) At least 20 dollars for the PDFs is a very decent price.

                      /rant over. Sorry.
                      I'm dubious cost was the motive in limiting the Bestiary to physical backers.

                      Plus, it's going to be available to everyone eventually, but physical backers get it first.


                      Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        No, it's going to be avaiable in stores. Physical backers will get it included in their whole package, while the rest will have to pay to get it.

                        I mean I get that you have to make profits, sure, but I really find the Bestiary more useful for STs than an Anthology.


                        "And for my next trick" I said, "anvils!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The anthology is them casting a wider net then just people who can actually play.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'd honestly have preferred satyrs over centaurs, myself; the tag-line about them being a thing for side adventures makes me genuinely curious about what role they were expected to fill.

                            Still, I'm gonna be happy for what I got. Three PDFs for about six dollars each is not a bad deal.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah, Centaurs didn't really interest me at all. Only the word "Nucklavee" got my attention there- but, Satyr's would have been cool,-- I kinda wish they hadn't even told us that stretch goal.

                              Ah well.

                              It was a good kickstarter!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X