Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Examples of Epic attribute feats.

list some implausible things someone could do with epic attributes... hmmmn

If Im a jappanese scion with an interest in anime and Manga how quickly can I probaly create a whole picture with 7 or 8 dots of Epic dexterity.

You know Epic Attributes don't exist in 2e, right? The physical ones are Purviews and the rest have been folded into other things.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

In his defense, he did note dexterity and purviews have boons which can allow some absurd trickery. But you're right, rating dots are gone. On the other other hand, it isn't like 1e is somehow erased.

So really what we need here is something like a table demonstrating epic attribute tricks from 1e. I don't have the books at hand, is there such a thing already?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        list some implausible things someone could do with epic attributes... hmmmn

If Im a jappanese scion with an interest in anime and Manga how quickly can I probaly create a whole picture with 7 or 8 dots of Epic dexterity.
        That also may be the worst idea I've ever heard

We don't allow mages to cast spells, since this is the most unbalancing rule of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jachra View Post
          That also may be the worst idea I've ever heard
          "What's a good extraordinary thing for a Japanese character to do? I know, draw anime really fast!"

Ugh.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Hey hey hey, let's not be rude.

To answer your question, Prince of the Night , if I were the GM, I'd probably joke that your Dexterity + Art roll is mostly irrelevant because at 7 dots of Epic Dex we're probably looking at 8 Dexterity and let's assume 3 Art, so that's 11 dice.

And 22 automatic successes.

Now there's no real examples given in 1e for when your successes scale that high.

At Epic Dex 8 you're a GOD by that point (God of Manga, let's assume) and you're throwing 9 Dexterity dice, 5 Art dice so about 14 dice (more if you channel a Virtue), and have 29 successes from Epic Dexterity.

Around that point, you could probably make a series as long-running as One Piece in one afternoon, and the art will look fantastic throughout.

Edit: The point I'm trying to make is that the Epic Attributes did a lot to utterly bork the mechanics of 1E and I wasn't sad to see them heavily altered for 2E.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

And in 2e, with the Epic Dex and Art (I don't remember if the creative craft one is called art or something else, but I know it isn't Forge) Purviews it I guess it would depend on the boons, plus the Creator knacks (naturally) but I'd imagine by the end of Hero you could make some awesome stuff that likely could be used as covert social influence

Comment

Originally posted by ffanxii4ever View Post
                And in 2e, with the Epic Dex and Art (I don't remember if the creative craft one is called art or something else, but I know it isn't Forge) Purviews it I guess it would depend on the boons, plus the Creator knacks (naturally) but I'd imagine by the end of Hero you could make some awesome stuff that likely could be used as covert social influence
                From the teaser, it looks like there's some kind of creative project mechanic.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

one more question? When a Scion with Legendary appearance based around transcendent hideousness learns visages great and Terrible or Unusual Alteration. Think they'd get a heady feeling at FINALLY Being admired for the way they look being seen as attractive and desirable, or think most scions with Negative Epic appearance will have accepted it into their identiy to see it the same way one with positive epic appearance will, as a tool to be used when needed.

Comment

I am afraid Epic Appearance has gone the way of the dodo. I'd imagine the Passion Purview and its boons could do a lot of the heavy lifting though.

Comment

ok allready been told that. was just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                        one more question? When a Scion with Legendary appearance based around transcendent hideousness learns visages great and Terrible or Unusual Alteration. Think they'd get a heady feeling at FINALLY Being admired for the way they look being seen as attractive and desirable, or think most scions with Negative Epic appearance will have accepted it into their identiy to see it the same way one with positive epic appearance will, as a tool to be used when needed.
                        Assuming 1ed rules, that's an extremely case by case question. But there are a few things worth thinking about, first is that 1st ed appearance wasn't just looks, it was ability to use those looks to intimidate, to seem helpless or pitiable, or important. So to a degree appearance is already a tool. Second is that they very well might have already experienced that in their adventures since many creatures either have negative appearance or would simply be so used to it that while they might not be considered attractive they aren't so outstandingly ugly as to draw stares from lesser immortals.

Comment

Working...
                        X