Donald Trump in the WoD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by idpersona View Post
    Nah. It's too...quiet. Gnosis isn't flashy. And so I don't see it being a priority.

Fair enough at what point do you see a Yeren strengthening their gnosis?

Each and everyonees pointless short sighted greed writ large, after all.

after getting a scare from a danger, they were just barely able to step sideways to get away from?

When they have a gift that depends on it, a nd want to be able to use it more often?
    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 12-09-2016, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post

Fair enough at what point do you see a Yeren strengthening their gnosis?

Each and everyonees pointless short sighted greed writ large, after all.

after getting a scare from a danger, they were just barely able to step sideways to get away from?

When they have a gift that depends on it, a nd want to be able to use it more often?
      Those are all good reasons. I just think the character in this case (Trump) wouldn't think it important. He would spend time focusing on flashier more immediate payoffs.

Increasing one's Gnosis would involve long hours of meditation and/or Umbral adventures. Those just aren't things I see him doing.

Comment

• He's just a guy.

He comes through on some of his promises, doesn't come through on the rest... he does, in short, what just about every other politician in the history of ever has done.

In my World of Darkness, he's the face of the slow, indifferently cruel tedium of the American political elite - he represents the slow and inexorable march back towards the mush, the mire, the blood-choked pit from which humanity crawled out of, all those centuries ago; a march that's happening simply because humanity so seldom manages to muster the will and the courage it needs to save itself.

Of course, had Hillary won, the exact same thing would have happened; maybe slower, maybe faster, who can tell?

The Camarilla, for one, doesn't much care - they have enough fingers in enough pies, and enough interested parties amongst them, that nothing can ever really happen politically without their say-so. If they want to stop him, they can; if they want to enable him, they can - and if they simply don't care, well... they just let the snowball keep rolling, and what care have they for how many kine it flattens on the way down?

The Garou Nation, their enemies? They're playing on a different playing field - they always have been. What does it matter if one human ascends to a hollow throne instead of the other? It won't stop the Wyrm. Better not to worry about it; sharpen the claws, batten down the hatches, and think about how best to kill all the bad guys before Judgment Day.

But then, I think mortals and their political instruments matter a lot less in my games than in some others. The real power players are the supernaturals in the shadows, and they always have been. The winner of the election - and the next one, and the one after that - simply does not matter.

Comment

Working...
        X