X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Darkness Berlin, 2017

Just stumbled upon this:

http://www.worldofdarkness.berlin/

and I'm really stoked, as I live in Berlin. I have an early bird ticket to see the new film, is anyone else planning on coming in May? I'd love to meet.

Wow, guess I will be representing this place on my own then! Weird, I figured there were more Europeans here.

Comment

I'm from Germany, too but Berlin is a long trip so.... I'll look into it but I don't wanna get hopes up as I can't say that we (my GF is a long time WoD player as well) will be there.

Comment

Yeah, it can be a long trip even across Germany, let alone Europe. Hope you can make it!

Comment

We took a look at the site yesterday and to be honest: while we find some of the stuff interesting and cool and all we weren't caught in a "omg this sounds so great! we must go!" if you know what I mean

I don't think we will be there but I absolutely wish everyone attending a really great time!

Comment

Sounds fun, but the only person I know in German that would like for sure to go isn't talking to me anymore, and I think he leaved the RPG scene for good...

Eu prefiro ser essa metamorfose ambulante,
            Do que ter aquela velha opinião formada sobre tudo,
            Sobre o que é o amor, sobre que eu nem sei quem sou.
            É chato chegar a um objetivo num instante,
            Eu prefiro ser essa metamorfose ambulante.

Comment

I'll be there, for the record, in a fan capacity.

Craig Oxbrow
              The Trinity Continuum freelancer

Comment

Sweet! Are you seeing the film? Would love to talk to you about Trinity, am a big fan and have been eagerly awaiting the KS's. Whats your pick of the games from WoD? I am a Werewolf and Mage fan, mostly, but have played literally everything.
                Last edited by deejay; 12-23-2016, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I am indeed. (Still have to book flights...)

i can't promise I'll actually have any answers to Trinity questions but I'm prepared to try.

I started with fantasy gamebooks, got Vampire:The Masquerade from first edition and played and (more often) run a lot since, most recently V20 with a lot borrowed from Vampire: The Requiem Second Edition. Next may be Demon: The Descent.

Craig Oxbrow
                  The Trinity Continuum freelancer

Comment

I promise not to ask anything inconvenient And we are going to celebrate WoD, after all. My story with rpgs goes back to red box D&D, aged 7, I was so into gamebooks later on though (as soon as they appeared, Warlock of Firetop, etc). Joe Devers death this year has gutted me (among many other things). As for VtM, I picked it up in Leicester when it came out too, and went back the next week to buy Chicago by Night. I fondly remember that, and I think many people have overlooked its significance, it was really a different kind of city book than had been published before, with heavy emphasis on social relationships for (I think it was) over 70 Kindred. It was so in depth for the time. I spend a lot of time looking at my current collection (5 long shelves) and remembering that first core book purchase. And I remember reading that first core book and wondering what the hell else was out there in the World of Darkness, and what the Antediluvians were up to or who they were, and genuinely not having the slightest idea. That's really a big part of what made the first edition of Werewolf so exciting - a lifting of another veil. When I look back now of course its staggering how much development has gone into it, but I'm struck by the impression that the mysteries are still mine to settle, if I wish to, and I think that is what I am most grateful for.

Comment

I'm hoping I can get someone to buy me the special VTES card pack. I can only travel to the other Berlins in New England at the moment.

Comment

I can try, as Ill be getting that too.

Comment

This might be old news, but: http://www.worldofdarkness.berlin/si...nuary-6th-2017

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

been working on an entry the last 2 days...

Comment

Good luck! I hope the whole thing will lead to great scenarios and eventually that it'll be good to the future of WoD. I didn't try to cook up something, since I saw it the first time on fb yesterday and I'm not that good at writing up modules, especially in English. Oh, well, maybe the next one!

I think that's something that could be better from WWP, namely that they're very focused on the various big LARP events, which isn't a bad thing on itself, but a lot of information circulates only in those circles and groups and fans outside of those, like me get fewer information and later than ideal. It's a bit like feeling left out, if you don't do LARP, or just don't go to the events, regardless of reasons. This competition is something I'd have been happier to see earlier on the WWP page, their own social media pages, newsletter, etc. Especially with the potential of shaping the future of the setting. I think the competition is a great thing I applaud that they're willing to do something like this and I hope the winning scenarios would be readable online after the event. It just would have been good to know about the whole thing earlier and through more channels.
                              Last edited by PMárk; 01-04-2017, 07:58 PM.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

Working...
                              X