World War II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War II

Which source books contain information on the world of darkness during world War II?

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Very few, to the best of my knowledge. Berlin by Night has a little bit, but that sourcebook also contains Embraced cobras, the alleged return of Caine and stats for Himmler as a vampire, so you should take it with a grain of salt. Charnel Houses of Europe is excellent, but it's mostly about the Holocaust, not the actual battles of the war. I know a bit about World War II history...maybe I could help you...?

My name is Colleen. My favorite song is "Wildwood Flower." My ambition is to write the complete history of the White Wolf/Onyx Path universe.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianMoon View Post
      that sourcebook also contains Embraced cobras

so you should take it with a grain of salt.
      Bite your tongue, JuMoon!! Don't you dare diss the absobestest thing to ever!! The Aabbt are like the peanut butter to MalkVenSetNos Rasputin's jelly!!! VtM absozoobilootly needs more coverage on Aabbt characters.

Writing up Clanbook: Aabbt

Comment

Of the major gamelines, Mage has the most going on in the era that is touched on repeatedly in the history sections of various splat books. I'd pay particular attention to Guide to the Traditions, Guide to the Technocracy, and the Revised books for the Sons of Ether, Verbena, Virtual Adept, and the 5 Conventions. The Storyteller's Guide might have some good info in its history section too.

The history largely involves various Traditions and Conventions have secret shame of a history of Nazi members they now accordingly police against, and a temporary alliance at the end of the war between the Union and the Traditions against a Nephandi sect trying to exploit the deaths from the war and the Holocaust to facilitate a world-ending ritual.

The Wraith core discusses the Fifth Great Maelstrom, which was unleashed by the bombing of Hiroshima. That's when Charon was lost.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I found what I needed on this page, which has book references.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/World_War_II_(cWOD)

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

It is difficult to square the circle with any major event like World War II. The explanations of why it occurred according to cWoD always seemed to ring hollow to me. You have significant numbers of entities that have fairly good predictive capabilities, so I do not see how they could have missed the rise of the Third Reich.

Comment

The Get of Fenris used to have a camp called, The Swords of Heimendal, that got a massive raise in membership in the 1930s due to Nazi influence. Though they were nearly eradicated in the 2000s. There were also plenty of Get that proudly fought against the Nazis (like in that delightfully cheesy opening comic in the original tribebook).
              Last edited by Yaoi Huntress Earth; 12-28-2016, 02:32 PM.

See my splat, Angel: The Revelation (With a MUCH better link): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qUnP1fcl-0/pub

Comment

Originally posted by JulianMoon View Post
                Very few, to the best of my knowledge. Berlin by Night has a little bit, but that sourcebook also contains Embraced cobras, the alleged return of Caine and stats for Himmler as a vampire, so you should take it with a grain of salt. Charnel Houses of Europe is excellent, but it's mostly about the Holocaust, not the actual battles of the war. I know a bit about World War II history...maybe I could help you...?
                Who doesn't want to fight vampire Himmler and his occult minions!?

No one I want to know!

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard View Post

Who doesn't want to fight vampire Himmler and his occult minions!?

No one I want to know!
                  It would defintely depend on the chronicle in question, but, I would say, "Me" most of the time.

The Himmler/Tremere thing seemed forced, even back in the day. (WOOOO!!!! LOOK!!! Nazi badness!) And there weren't any other options out there, really at the time. Himmler seems more like some kind of mage in retrospect working very very hard to created a Reich where his magic would be coincidental. For the "Nazi badness" angle, he could be Nephandi or Nephandi influenced. The history in Berlin By Night for how historical Himmler ended up a vampire was pretty tortured (which was the most "lets break the rule of Vampires stay in the shadows and don't try to be bloody obvious in meddling in human society). TBH, it's easier to see Hitler himself becoming one. After all, no confirmed body. Embrace him and he can shoot himself in the head all night long and still get up and walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaoi Huntress Earth View Post
                    The Get of Fenris used to have a camp called, The Swords of Heimendal, that got a massive raise in membership in the 1930s due to Nazi influence. Though they were nearly eradicated in the 2000s. There were also plenty of Get that proudly fought against the Nazis (like in that delightfully cheesy opening comic in the original tribebook).
                    Though, with the way the Get looked at figures of Northern European folklore as of Revised, their existence, as well as most of the camps, doesn't actually make much sense. The Revised tribebook goes halfway toward acknowledging this by having most of the camps (those named after Aesir or Vanir) as fringe elements in the tribe that follow rather shaky ideology. The Swords are the most extreme example, but some might have escaped the purge by buddying up with the Glorious Fist of Wotan (a Get camp named after their #1 specific tribal enemy from way back when). They'd have to hide their distaste of women and lupus Garou, though.

Comment

I've been trying to compile a WoD WWII reference for a few weeks now, which is slowly metamorphosing into me creating a full-bore sourcebook. But while prancing through the books, I agree with Ajax that a lot of the first edition work is almost worthless for any kind of integrated games (magic-vampire Himmler? Really?)
                      The wiki's timeline isn't too bad, but it's really just a skeleton for you to put the meat on. For me, the more interesting story hooks are the Tradition/Technocrat cabal defeating the Nephandi, the subtle Garou presence of assistance in Russia (as well as the Get civil war mentioned above), and the chaos of the Fifth Great Maelstrom. I think most stories would have to create involvement from the party's interests, whether family, contacts, territory, etc, since the supernatural's loyalty (usually) isn't tied to a specific country. Of course stories about caerns threatened by invasion, havens about to be bombed are just as likely.
                      Other decent references include Rage Across Russia, Rage Across Egypt, Rogue Council, most of the Mage Tradition Guidebooks, Book of Madness, Guide to the Anarchs.

"Observe obstacles carefully. With ingenuity, they can become levers."

"The frailty of genius is that it requires an audience."

Comment

IIRC, Guide to the Traditions touches on certain aspects, such as various Traditions being involved with the Axis powers and how the use of atomic weapons ended up saving the WoD from the forces of Oblivion.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
                        X