Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Demon the Fallen] Impressions of the Lucifer TV Show?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Demon the Fallen] Impressions of the Lucifer TV Show?

I find it quite entertaining. Tom Ellis really brings layers to the role. On an rpg note: has anyone used the TV show as inspiration?

"Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

-V for Vendetta

Still didn't get to ever actually play DtF yet but I watched the first season of the show and really liked it. To me he is a pretty good Namaru and his abilities are pretty in line with some stuff a character could have in game.

I haven't had any opportunity to let elements of the story inspire games of course.

Comment

Lucifer in that game seems way more like a Lammasu than a Namaru to me, especially as his abilities are concerned. That said while I enjoy the show greatly I don't think it overlaps very well with DtF.

Comment

I suppose the stuff about the mother needing a physical body and possessing people who just died does well enough, but that doesn't seem to be standard for the show's demons.

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
          Lucifer in that game seems way more like a Lammasu than a Namaru to me, especially as his abilities are concerned.

*incoherent screaming from comic fans in the difference as you're nailing how the show butchered the source material*

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
            Lucifer in that game seems way more like a Lammasu than a Namaru to me, especially as his abilities are concerned. That said while I enjoy the show greatly I don't think it overlaps very well with DtF.
            yea well, actually I think his abilities in the show often strike me as applications of the common Lores of the Fundament and of Humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexer View Post

yea well, actually I think his abilities in the show often strike me as applications of the common Lores of the Fundament and of Humanity.
              I suppose you could see his "what do you desire" question as an application of humanity 4, but the whole focus on desire strikes me as fitting the lore of longing. Probably a mix of the two. Regardless of that his whole emotional mercurial mindset screams defiler.

Comment

New question: would you incorporate this show into DtF? If so, how?

"Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

-V for Vendetta

Comment

Working...
                X