No announcement yet.

How would you do Thuggees in WOD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you could make a garotte out of woven silver, gold chain interwoven with steel, or wrought iron links interwoven with steel if you were worried about Changelings or Fera.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
      Well, you could make a garotte out of woven silver, gold chain interwoven with steel, or wrought iron links interwoven with steel if you were worried about Changelings or Fera.
      That trips my "this almost certainly won't work" sense. On the Garou and Fera front, it tries to stick together spirits of gold and silver. One the changeling front, cold iron doesn't deal aggravated damage to changelings and also probably can't be woven together to any useful effect.

Comment

? I said 'or', which means three separate garottes. And cold iron always deals aggravated damage to changelings.

Comment

I like the advice you gave me so far. Also, how could I make the PCs interested in fighting Thuggees?
          Last edited by Killerclown; 02-03-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Well, the Thugs could just choose the wrong victims. Alternatively, you could look at the religious angle and decide that true Thugs attacked humans who were Fomori or Infernalists, and have the PCs ally with the Thugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
              ? I said 'or', which means three separate garottes. And cold iron always deals aggravated damage to changelings.
              Hm. They really should have taken a closer look at that Iron Allergy flaw between editions...

Comment

Touching iron does not deal damage, but garottes deal physical damage. Garottes are designed to kill by crushing the larynx (in the case of rope or chain garottes) or by cutting the larynx (in the case of wire garottes). They deprive their victims of oxygen in the either case.

Comment

I could have the thuggees use mostly garrotes. But, if that doesn't work, they will try to gun down their victims if strangulation does not work. Also, would it make since if a Khan weretiger show up in Vegas to track down a thuggee who strangled his kinfolk to death?

Comment

well there is always voormas as an example..

Comment

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure that there was a character concept in the Revised Ravnos Clanbook that was a Thuggee too.

Comment

Working...
                      X