Albums for Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albums for Darkness

I just wanted to make a thread in appreciation of music for the world of darkness. from bands to whole albums.

Portishead is amazing for urban settings. both Mage and Changeling.
    Prodigy for Vampire the masquerade.
    Songs for the Deaf (Queens of the stone age) for any game set in the desert country area of california.

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Zoar's In The Bloodlit Dark is must have for any oWoD game.

Comment

My wife gave all our characters WWE style entrance music. My Simba had Fire! from the Mortal Kombat album, Dust in the Wind for my CoG kin. In Your Room for her Black Fury kin. Her Shadow Lord had Sweet Surender.

Comment

I'm older, so my tastes skew a little old school.

The Rolling Stones "Let it Bleed"
        Concrete Blonde "Bloodletting"
        Bruce Springsteen "Nebraska"
        Tori Amos "Little Earthquakes"
        Alice Cooper "Billion Dollar Babies" and "Welcome to My Nightmare"
        Sisters of Mercy "First and Last and Always"
        The Misfits "Earth AD/Die Die My Darling"
        My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult "Confessions of a Knife"
        Johnny Cash "American Recordings 1 - 6"
        Bob Marley and the Wailers "Uprising"
        Prince "Sign O' The Times"
        Last edited by No One of Consequence; 02-17-2017, 08:18 PM.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Funny enough, i think some tracks of "Discovery" by Daft Punk would perfectly fit Either a Technocracy Game or a Changeling Game

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).

Comment

The Cruxshadows are one of my go to bands for World of Darkness inspiration. I put together a playlist last year that was one of their songs per game line. It was my Cruxshadows World of Darkness album

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2I_rXuoCbrZQn1

1. Monsters — World of Darkness
            2. Deception — Vampire: The Masquerade
            3. Winter Born — Werewolf: The Apocalypse
            4. Quicksilver — Mage: The Ascension
            5. Only Sleep — Wraith: The Oblivion
            6. Carnival — Changeling: The Dreaming
            7. Halo — Hunter: The Reckoning
            8. Jackal-Head — Mummy: The Resurrection
            9. Burning — Demon: The Fallen
            10. Eurydice — Orpheus

Charlie Cantrell
            Onyx Path Freelancer
            Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

If I had to pick a theme for each gameline, here would be my picks. I avoided KOTE and Demon because I don't use those gamelines. I did include Street Fighter and the fan game Senshi: The Merchandising though.

​Vampire: The Masquerade: Yade-"​Hunter"
              ​Werewolf: The Apocalypse: ​Mayhem-"Freezing Moon"
              Mage: The Ascension: ​The Steve Miller Band-"Abracadabra"
              Wraith: The Oblivion: Kansas-"Dust in the Wind"
              Changeling: The Dreaming: ​The Wolfe Tones-"Fairy Hills"
              ​Hunter: The Reckoning: Black Sabbath-"Paranoid"
              Mummy: The Resurrection: ​The Kossoy Sisters-"I'll Fly Away"
              ​Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game: ​Carl Douglas-"Kung Fu Fighting"
              ​Senshi: The Merchandising: ​P. Egoist-"Sailor Scouting (Sailor Moon Rap)"

Comment

I'll toss in Rasputina's "Thanks For the Ether", as well as "The Lost & Found" (which has a really good cover version of CCR's Bad Moon Rising)

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Any sabbat game is immediately improved with the proper application of Slayer albums

Comment

For vampire the masquerade nothing is better to me than Bloodsucker 2000 by Paralysed age.

For werewolf

Comment

Originally posted by Camilla View Post
                      If I had to pick a theme for each gameline, here would be my picks. I avoided KOTE and Demon because I don't use those gamelines. I did include Street Fighter and the fan game Senshi: The Merchandising though.

​Werewolf: The Apocalypse: ​Mayhem-"Freezing Moon"
                      Interesting choice. While I'm not a W:tA player, it never stuck me as the game where Freezing Moon would be appropriate (wolf analogies not withstanding). Why did you choose that one?

Might I suggest Nattens Madrigal for the beauty covered in rawness aspect, or something from WittR (I will lay down my bones...) for the serenity in nature aspect?

Also, apologies for the tangent, but debating the myriad facets of Black Metal is a hobby of mine.

The perfect background of a vaudlerie-filled Sabbat hell ride would be, for me either Folkfuck Folie from Peste Noire, or something from the newer Darkthrone albums. Unlike fast, meet final death young, and leave a good pile of ashes!

Comment

i cant stop thinking on The Pixies for some elements of world of darkness.. am i the only one who belives they provide a very interesting soundtrack for a Cultist of Ectasy/Orphan game?

Comment

Working...
                        X