World of Darkness: Preludes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

The SAppelcline account was used on a number of places (mostly Reddit and Google+) to hype up Zak's products and denounce Zak's detractors; and was actually doing so for around a year (though people called him out on it pretty quickly, it wasn't until very recently that it was undeniably caught).

So, there's two basic scenarios:

Zak is lying and it was him the whole time, impersonating someone to hype his own shit.
    Zak is telling the truth and he let someone he knew was lying use his personal computer to perpetuate said lying via impersonation.

In either case, makes Zak's blog post about how trolls prohibitively increase the cost of creativity as long as the cost of lying is low seem fairly damning on him, since he's all for enabling liars on his side of things.
    Well, most recently, the SAppelcine account made a post in response to an accusation against Zak saying, "I didn't," that was then deleted and reposted from Zak's personal account.

Hayley Margules, historian and former OPP writer
    Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

• Can we please drop the discussion of Zak S.

Onyx Path Moderator
      Mod Voice is RED*
      *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
      Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

• Originally posted by PenDragon View Post
        Can we please drop the discussion of Zak S.
        Is this breaking any rules?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
          I think it's beacuse it doesn't add to the discussion at hand and nobody is served with the constant attacks on him.
          Last edited by Beriorn; 03-09-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post

Wait.

WAIT.

People actually play Beast? I was under the impression that Beast was one of those nWoD games which didn't actually end up forming any sort of sizable or longlasting community.
            Its been out less than a year, dude. A little early to be making definitive pronouncements about its longevity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
              Frankly, that discussion broke at least half of the forum rules. But mostly it's the thread capping.

Also, please don't discuss moderation on the boards. If you have any questions or concerns involving mod actions use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Thanks.
              Last edited by PenDragon; 03-09-2017, 04:01 PM.

Onyx Path Moderator
              Mod Voice is RED*
              *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
              Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

• Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post
                I think I have a bias against nWoD. It feels very... odd to me. Like I feel it's SUPPOSED to be the Majora's Mask to oWoD's Ocarina of Time, but it ends up feeling more like Faces of Evil

...really? Not Wind Waker, or even Four Swords but the Philips CGI Faces of Evil?....*sadness*...

(Deep breath)...anyways, if you have poor opinions of CofD that's all well and good. But, I would recommend giving the 2nd Edition material at least a quick look through before passing definitive judgment over the gamelines as a whole. Otherwise it would be like looking at 1st Edition WoD and using it as a whole to judge all editions and supplements afterwards.

If you have already taken a look at 2nd Edition and have based your opinion off of that then please disregard the above paragraph. CofD isn't for everyone, as much as I'd like to argue the opposite.

EDIT: ...I didn't see the part where you acknowledged you might have had a personal bias against CofD, and instead just focused on the Faces of Evil comment. I apologize for that.
                - . -'
                Last edited by Dusksage; 03-10-2017, 06:04 PM. Reason: Golly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dusksage View Post

...really? Not Wind Waker, or even Four Swords but the Philips CGI Faces of Evil?....*sadness*...

(Deep breath)...anyways, if you have poor opinions of CofD that's all well and good. But, I would recommend giving the 2nd Edition material at least a quick look through before passing definitive judgment over the gamelines as a whole. Otherwise it would be like looking at 1st Edition WoD and using it as a whole to judge all editions and supplements afterwards.

If you have already taken a look at 2nd Edition and have based your opinion off of that then please disregard the above paragraph. CofD isn't for everyone, as much as I'd like to argue the opposite.

EDIT: ...I didn't see the part where you acknowledged you might have had a personal bias against CofD, and instead just focused on the Faces of Evil comment. I apologize for that.
                  - . -'
                  Don't worry. In every case I can see what they're going for. I feel like it's supposed to feel like "our world through a shattered mirror" and it's supposed to be this awesome revision, a new take on the genre. But everything feels off, to me personally. The only thing I liked, the ONLY thing, after scouring through both versions of Requiem, was Mandrakes. Plant Ghouls! Why didn't anyone in the oWoD think of that?

Comment

• I think mandrakes are in the Book of Ghouls.

Comment

Working...
                    X