Bill Paxton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Paxton

So, actor (and director and producer) Bill Paxton has died. So, I thought I'd take a moment to mention his work's influence on the World of Darkness. While he only has a small part in the original Terminator film, it eventually lead to his larger part as Pvt. Hudson in Aliens. Both of these had an influence on Mage, particularly on the Technocracy, with the latter being a huge influence on Iteration X and the former influencing facets of the Void Engineers. Then there was Weird Science, which gave the Sons of Ether their default theme song. More seriously, he was part of the nomadic vampire gang in Near Dark, which helped influence Vampire's Sabbat. And finally, Frailty, which for many people was the Hunter: The Reckoning movie.

If you've never seen any of these films, they are all well worth seeing. As are his more historically oriented work in Tombstone, Apollo 13, and Hatfields & McCoys

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

RIP Severin

"The Silver Ladder; because every kid deserves a real Pokemon." - Kleptomania

Comment

A Void Engineer based Mage game with the feel of Aliens would be a beautiful thing indeed....

Comment

Game over man... game over.

Rest easy, Bill.

Comment

Such an underrated actor. Loved him as Severin, his Aliens role and Frailty. R.I.P. Bill.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Working...
          X