Magical girls?! am i high?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magical girls?! am i high?!

So...someone mentioned an april's fools book about magical girls in the world of darkness?..i need more info for some..research...

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Well a fan made game called Princess: The hopeful was put out a few years ago but that was for nwod.

Comment

Perhaps you heard of Princess: The Hopeful, a real nWoD fan game about playing hopeful souls in an increasingly hopeless world.

Onyx Path Moderator
      Mod Voice is RED*
      *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
      Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

Princess the Hopeful

It's like exalted with charms, but set in a much more grim Cod world setting. It's interesting and one of the more 'complete' fan games, but in desperate need of editing.

Placeholder

Comment

While it may cause screaming fits, how would you do 'magic girl' in cWoD? I guess you could use Sorcerer, but that would be rather low key. Perhaps you could add a power trait?

Let us explore that for a bit. We will call the power trait Elpis (Greek for Hope). Elpis would be added as a dice pool modifier to Sorcerer rolls and would offer a pool. Points of Elpis could be spent to reduce time category (days to hours, hours to minutes, minutes to turns, or turns to instant), to stage down the type of damage from an attack (aggravated to lethal or lethal to bashing), or to stage up damage from an attack (bashing to lethal or lethal to aggravated). Characters would regain one point of Elpis per hour of rest (two per hour of meditation) or whenever they regain points of Willpower by fulfilling their Nature.

Comment

im pretty sure it had another name something:the marketing .. i saw it being mentioned somewhere

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
              im pretty sure it had another name something:the marketing .. i saw it being mentioned somewhere
              Then let's just chalk it up to you being high, put down the glue.

Comment

Ok, im pretty sure someone on the forums mentioned a april's fools/joke book called X: The Sellout or X:The Marketing.

Comment

HA FOUND IT! IM NOT THAT HIGH!! Senshi: The Merchandising

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
                    HA FOUND IT! IM NOT THAT HIGH!! Senshi: The Merchandising
                    ANCIENT BEYOND RECKONING

Literally, it was introduced on the internet some time before H:tR, in the dial-up years.

Comment

5 School girls with wild colored hair and matching outfits, each with Martial Arts 4 or 5, each gaining a free dot in their chosen Qiao every session.

Comment

I love Senshi: The Merchandising and consider it part of my WoD head-canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
                          While it may cause screaming fits, how would you do 'magic girl' in cWoD?
                          I always preferred the rules for Kami (or Fomori, if you prefer a darker spin on it).

The idea as a character concept works pretty well for Kitsune, Akashics, and some Changelings, I think.

Comment

Or Mages. I'm reminded of Madoka Magica, and how it could easily transfer to how many Mages in WoD are Awakened by Spirits...who very well may terribly misinform their mortal playthings.

On a more general note, magical girls could be run as Awakened easily, so long as you're willing to play against type for World of Darkness characters. Indeed, M20 has an entire Paradigm - "It's All Good, Have Faith!" - that draws magical power from telling Despair to stuff itself. That espouses the virtue of being positive in the face of negativity. Practices like Witchcraft, Martial Arts, Faith, Crazy Wisdom, Art of Desire, Chaos or Gutter Magick, and possibly Hypertech or Reality Hacking could fit, depending on the exact flavor of magical girl you're going for. Give them Wands, Fashion, Gems and Jewelry, Dance and Body Movements, Music, and Voice as Instruments, and you've only scratched the conceptual surface of what tools can be used in the name of Justice, Love, and Friendship. Hell, some magical girls (or boys) could use their Friends - and the relationships they have with them - as tools for channeling magic.

Give them a few gaudy Wonders and a Familiar, and you're well on your way to running a proper magical girl Mage.

Comment

This reminds me of an ancient RPG.net thread.

My favorite highlight:
                              Originally posted by Old Toby
                              Jenny: The shining leader of the pack, and a cheerleader!
                              Megan: The geeky yet hot computer nerd!
                              Isis: The spooky goth chick!
                              Cass: The caring, passionate, hippy chick!
                              Keiko: She's Asian, she's a Buddhist, she knows kung fu!
                              Shantiqua: She may come from the wrong side of the tracks, but her sass and can-do keep the team going!
                              Maria: She's into that Santaria stuff!
                              Svetlana: A firey Russian dynamo with mob ties, a penchant for bondage gear, and a heart of gold!
                              Sif: An icy Nordic headbanger, with a heart of gold!
                              Flying Horse: An angry Native American with a chip on her shoulder and a heart of gold!
                              Erin: A fiesty Celtic beauty with a song in her heart of gold!
                              Lilith: A feminist Riot Grrl with... aw, you guessed it.
                              Socks: I don't think she actually goes to school...

Comment

Working...
                              X