Vampire and vision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire and vision

What if a human with vision problems that needed glasses were turned into a Vampire. Would that vampire has 20/20 vision?

Well there is a flaw for that.....

Comment

The beast usually fixes such problems to make the vampire a more perfect predator. But occasionally it fails to do so, and the resultant vampire needs glasses like a kine.

Comment

Flaws you had as a person stay. If you're in a wheelchair, you're in a wheelchair. If you have bad eyes, hope that you get Auspex. You are frozen in the moment of death. So, most clans are really careful about embracing.

Comment

Originally posted by Davesknd View Post
          Flaws you had as a person stay. If you're in a wheelchair, you're in a wheelchair. If you have bad eyes, hope that you get Auspex. You are frozen in the moment of death. So, most clans are really careful about embracing.
          That's not quite true. It usually fixes the throat wounds, for example, unless you take the flaw that you start wounded. It obviously adds fangs. Vampires aren't completely frozen in the moment of death. They are mutated slightly to make them better predators. Whether that includes fixing minor eyesight problems is random.

Comment

Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post

That's not quite true. It usually fixes the throat wounds, for example, unless you take the flaw that you start wounded. It obviously adds fangs. Vampires aren't completely frozen in the moment of death. They are mutated slightly to make them better predators. Whether that includes fixing minor eyesight problems is random.

Ok, they probably added that in V20, because Revised was pretty clear that you stay as you are when you died. Fangs and so on are supernatural (I think in the Malkavian clanbook, Netchurch even mentions that you can't see them on x-rays).

Comment

When you embrace someone, they get stronger physically and their body undergoes some small changes. Someone who can't walk MIGHT find themselves able to walk after the embrace, but they might not. Remember that Vitae isn't just a preservative, it *heals* in a way which shows that it cares about restoring things to their proper order. It reverses Vicissitude changes. It heals humans and animals. It closes small wounds through licking.

So if someone has poor eyesight, they could rise with improved Perception and perfect eyes, or they could have the Flaw still and have to deal with it forever.

Comment

Exactly. Vitae is not embalming fluid, it's The Beast in liquid form. The Beast wants its shell to be an efficient predatory tool. So it fixes and mutates. It's not very smart, though, so screws up occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Davesknd View Post
                  Ok, they probably added that in V20, because Revised was pretty clear that you stay as you are when you died. Fangs and so on are supernatural (I think in the Malkavian clanbook, Netchurch even mentions that you can't see them on x-rays).
                  No, that was in Revised as well - take a look at the permanent wound flaw that mentions a physical wound that is not healed by the Embrace is an anomaly. As the others have said, the Embrace is not exactly a precise process that has always the same result, but it does have a chance to fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
                    No, that was in Revised as well - take a look at the permanent wound flaw that mentions a physical wound that is not healed by the Embrace is an anomaly. As the others have said, the Embrace is not exactly a precise process that has always the same result, but it does have a chance to fix things.

Looks like I was wrong. Thx for clearing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by DAV20 Core Book p22 "Physiognomy of the Dead"
                      Your body, mine, all of us, are made of sin. It’s not a thing to be ashamed of; it’s simply what it is. What a human can do we can do better. We can run faster and see in the dark. For most of us, our bodies become more perfect visions of what we were as humans. No, not me, childe, but I am a special kind of sinner. No! You are a creature meant to steal virtue and arouse vice. You drink blood and tempt the holy with your strange secret powers and your allure.
                      It’s the cleanliness about you that’s always thrown me. Even in my clan, don’t our teeth straighten and grow so very white? I’ve watched during the Embrace, watches as pox marks vanish and turn to baby-smooth skin, or even smoother. Once, I saw a lad who was struck by an affliction of the crown that left him bald as a friar, but didn’t Damnation go and give him a head full of lovely hair. Didn’t he just become a randy beast as a result? This is what I’m saying! We’re creatures made of sin rebuilt by the corruption of Caine to spread slowly but surely across all four corners of the earth.
                      Modern day Vampire seems to not take quite the same outlook, but in general a lot of superficial flaws will be fixed by the embrace, skin tightens, some fat is lost, never have complexion issues again.
                      Last edited by Illithid; 09-19-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X