Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would your supernatural kill a human if they interfere?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would your supernatural kill a human if they interfere?

Let's say your supernatural is fighting another supernatural. A random human decides to interfere. Would you kill that human?

For me, I would. Stupid human should know their place and my splat would gladly bring that human to his/her grave.

The humans are under my supernatural's protection. My supernatural would slay your supernatural with a katana, to avenge him/her.

2E Legacy Updates
    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
    Storm Keepers

Comment

"Supernatural" is a pretty broad term that encompasses not only all of the splats with their disparate outlooks but indeed all potential characters that could be portrayed within that archetype. Framed as nebulously as it is the answer to the question is pretty much inevitably going to be "it depends."

Comment

Caitiff Primogen I concur.

@topic Some would, some wouldn't. Current fave wouldn't: let them spread the word!

Comment

As others said before it really depends on the character. Also what form of interference are we talking about? Is the human trying to help my character? My enemy? Just doing random stuff or screaming in a corner?

Most characters I've played wouldn't have killed a human for interfering lest he directly proved hostile to the character. What's the point?

In the end I think the most common reason to kill such a human would be upholding the masquerade or similar buisness, can certainly see a great many vampires (especially older more callous ones) doing just that. Other splats are more likely to try to recruit the character, such as a demon who just defeated a foe, that mortal is rife for reaping!

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

It wouldnt be my first resort, But my shadowlord Judge of Doom, would kill a human if forced to to mete out justice on Errant Garou.

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
              As others said before it really depends on the character. Also what form of interference are we talking about? Is the human trying to help my character? My enemy? Just doing random stuff or screaming in a corner?

Most characters I've played wouldn't have killed a human for interfering lest he directly proved hostile to the character. What's the point?

In the end I think the most common reason to kill such a human would be upholding the masquerade or similar buisness, can certainly see a great many vampires (especially older more callous ones) doing just that. Other splats are more likely to try to recruit the character, such as a demon who just defeated a foe, that mortal is rife for reaping!
              Let's say you and another supernatural got into a fight. (Taken style) A human saw the ruckus and decided to interfere.

As a supernatural, you see this as an act of war. Humans should not interfere with supernatural business and you decided to take out the lowly human from even daring to interfere.

Comment

Originally posted by Magicballz View Post

As a supernatural, you see this as an act of war. Humans should not interfere with supernatural business and you decided to take out the lowly human from even daring to interfere.
                That is a very specific view of humanity, not all supernatural monsters are (chosen supernatural) supremicist racist bastards. Not saying there aren't qite a few who could do stuff like that. Can see some Vampires, many Red Talons or some Raveners for example take that stance. I don't think that's the majority though. If you define interfere as "tries to kill me" then yes the number rises exponentially. And there will be a lot of accidental kills aswell simply because a human stepping into a supernatural fight could get hit by aoe attacks.

In the end it heavily depends on the supernatural in question and the kind of interference. As I stated before not all supernaturals basically hate humans or hold them in contempt. In fact the smarter ones, those that tend to survive longer don't. Humans are too dangerous to underestimate them like that.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Let's say your supernatural is fighting another supernatural. A random human decides to interfere. Would you kill that human?

For me, I would. Stupid human should know their place and my splat would gladly bring that human to his/her grave.
                  Such hubris! Technocrats protect humanity against all sorts of threats, including beings who hold such a dim view of the value of human life.

To speak more broadly, I've mostly played Mage. Most of my characters prefer not to harm innocent people, and they likely would even put themselves at some risk (or high risk depending on the character) to prevent harm to that person. Even my Werewolf, homebrew Immortal (at least the version of him that I controlled at most points in time), and current Changeling character likely would protect humans. Again, some might risk less to help protect that human, but I don't think a single one of them would bring harm to the human.

Comment

Too many variables to say. It depends on whom my character is fighting, why my character is fighting them, and what sort of interference the human is making. If my current character (a vampire) got ambushed by a werewolf and then a human interfered? My character would take the opportunity to try and bug out and thank the human for being a timely distraction.

Comment

To be perfectly honest if a human sees an obviously supernatural confrontation and decides they're going to get in the middle of it you might want to consider keeping them around. For one thing they're now a breach of the [insert your secrecy thing] and you've gotta tie up that loose end somehow. For another anybody who's going to do something like that clearly has some extra nerve to spare and that's something of more use to you as a tool than as a corpse.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
                        To be perfectly honest if a human sees an obviously supernatural confrontation and decides they're going to get in the middle of it you might want to consider keeping them around. For one thing they're now a breach of the [insert your secrecy thing] and you've gotta tie up that loose end somehow. For another anybody who's going to do something like that clearly has some extra nerve to spare and that's something of more use to you as a tool than as a corpse.
                        I thought most supernatural tie up that loose end by killing the human.

Comment

I thought most supernatural tie up that loose end by killing the human.
                          "Most supernaturals" remains a term far too broad to be in any way useful. Killing them is certainly an option, as certainly as it is messy and uncreative.

Comment

In the majority of our games, Mage and Vampire, we don't even kill the supernaturals.

Comment

Depends on the nature of the conflict, and who the human is interfering with.

If it's just a petty squabble (especially if it's between friends), that's fine. Things got a little heated, no need to bite each others' heads off.

If it's a serious battle with a hated enemy, however, any human that tries to stop me is going to be mowed down.

I'm playing a monster, not a super hero.
                              Last edited by Nyrufa; 09-05-2017, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X