Demon: Storytellers Vault?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demon: Storytellers Vault?

I'm wondering, can we expect Demon: the Fallen templates to be unlocked for the Storytellers Vault? Demon books are available for purchase via the Vault but there hasn't been much mention of anything Demon-related in any WoD media released so far.

While we're at it might I ask is we will get Victorian Age: Vampire stuff made available too?

The Storytellers Vault is run by White Wolf, so they set the timetable for which game lines are permissible. Onyx Path is not involved in those decisions.

So far they've unlocked Vampire: The Masquerade and Vampire: The Dark Ages. I suspect they'll continue in that vein for a while, unlocking things like VTM LARP rules, Victorian Age, Kindred of the East, and other Vampire material.

Given the relative popularity of Demon compared to other game lines, it's unfortunately probably fairly far down the list. We'll see.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Put another way: I expect Changeling and Hunter to get their Storyteller's Vaults up and running LONG before a Demon one goes up.

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
        The Storytellers Vault is run by White Wolf, so they set the timetable for which game lines are permissible. Onyx Path is not involved in those decisions.

So far they've unlocked Vampire: The Masquerade and Vampire: The Dark Ages. I suspect they'll continue in that vein for a while, unlocking things like VTM LARP rules, Victorian Age, Kindred of the East, and other Vampire material.

Given the relative popularity of Demon compared to other game lines, it's unfortunately probably fairly far down the list. We'll see.
        Thanks, I have some ideas for VAV and Demon I think people will like, so I'll be keen to start working on them.

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
        Put another way: I expect Changeling and Hunter to get their Storyteller's Vaults up and running LONG before a Demon one goes up.
        Long after? Wouldn't Demon be the next release straight after Hunter? Since I assume the plan is to unlock them in the order they came out.

Comment

Originally posted by the_1990 View Post
          Long after? Wouldn't Demon be the next release straight after Hunter? Since I assume the plan is to unlock them in the order they came out.
          Nope. While Vampire in the 1st gameline (1991), had this been true, Werewolf (1992), Mage (1993), Wraith (1994) and Changeling (1995) would have been out way before Vampire: Dark Ages (1996).

And even, if true, Mummy (2001) will be coming out after Hunter (1999)...Demon only came out in 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Boneguard View Post

Nope. While Vampire in the 1st gameline (1991), had this been true, Werewolf (1992), Mage (1993), Wraith (1994) and Changeling (1995) would have been out way before Vampire: Dark Ages (1996).

And even, if true, Mummy (2001) will be coming out after Hunter (1999)...Demon only came out in 2002.
            I'm wondering if they are first releasing the spinoffs of each gameline before moving on to others, IE; they release all Vampire spinoffs before moving onto Werewolf.

There wouldn't really have many spinoffs they could release before moving on from Hunter, the only one I can think of is Dark Ages: Inquisitor. Mummy might also be released as a Vampire spinoff, since it apparently required the VTM rulebook, and wasn't an entirely stand-alone gameline.

In any case I just hope it's actually on the list, and won't be simply forgotten about.

Comment

Originally posted by Boneguard View Post

WoD Mummy came out before Werewolf. So that'd be out before even Werewolf if we followed that trend.

Comment

Originally posted by theoutlander523 View Post

WoD Mummy came out before Werewolf. So that'd be out before even Werewolf if we followed that trend.
                World of Darkness: Mummy 1st ans 2nd ed did yes. Mummy: the Ressurection came after. So I would be inclined to go with actual line as oppose to World of Darkness one-off like mummy, sorcerer or mafia to name but a few.

Comment

Working...
                X