Reworking soak powers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
    Is there anywhere in the book that it explicitly says Faith damage can be soaked at all? It never made sense to me that a divine curse-based evil invulnerability power would be effective against punishment from divine sources, so in games I've run (mind, this was 2nd edition) Faith just did whatever the person using it rolled, no chance to resist. (This was helped by damage pools for True Faith effects being fairly low back then; unless you were beng branded by an actual crucifix-wielding saint you might get hurt and repelled but you wouldn't be burned to ash in one fell swoop.)
    I believe that the rules have soaking True Faith damage as difficulty (10 - your Humanity). Which makes sense Thematically. Then again, I can't give a citation and I don't remember where I read it.

Comment

What I do in my desk it´s rework the damage making 4 types of damages instead of 3
      Bassing:What was before
      Mundane:What was letal before
      Letal:Only Sockable with Armor and Foritude heals normally
      Agravated:Only sokable with Fortitude never armor

Also now some powers like Protean 2 , Extintion and Burning Wrath along.You can also make Agravated with fire , Protean 4 , thaumaturgy and elder/advanced levels of disciplines.

I also rework protean a la Requiem making it the next way
      • Earths meld
      • Natural adaptations from predator (Letal damage) 1 BP for insta-activation 0 BP for 1 turn of waiting
      • Animal Form (Whatever predator you diablerice , number of forms up to your protean dots)
      • Unnatural adaptations that deal agro (If you eat a werewolf you can win their ability to soak agro with stamina , hunt a rokea and make agro with tentacles and also win an extra action High risk high reward.)
      • Mist form

Also I implement resilence from Requiem as an optional in-clan discipline for those who want super regeneration instead of toughness.This is house-ruled as every dot in resilence as an extra health level , extra blood points x turn only usable to heal and to degrade agravated damage into letal for healing pourporses up to your resilence dots.Example:You have resilence 3 and take 5 damage now after the soak you have 2 Agravated damage and 3 letal.This allows to make tough antagonist but not indestructible or unstackable.with is great for storytelling

Fortitude it is buffed to autosoak Bassing Mundane and letal and pay 1 BP to autosoak agravated too like in dark ages V20.

Both can be convined with the help of a mentor but it is worthy all that over specialitation in defense existing things like dominate , protean or thaumaturgy?

Celerity now has to take half the actions in defensive maneuvers a la Dark Ages V20 but its great cuz no hit no damage.Insert you cannot touch this gif.

Yeah I house-rule/mix a lot of things but my players prefer things this way.
      Last edited by Leandro16; 03-23-2018, 04:42 PM.

Hunger pool

Comment

Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post
        What I do in my desk it´s rework the damage making 4 types of damages instead of 3
        Bassing:What was before
        Mundane:What was letal before
        Letal:Only Sockable with Armor and Foritude heals normally
        Agravated:Only sokable with Fortitude never armor
        I like this.

I would keep Bashing as Bashing (bullets to most parts of the body, baseball bats, car crash), make all Lethal damage (swords, bullets to the head) Mundane, and make most Aggravated (claws, fangs) into Lethal.

Aggravated would be reserved for Fire, Sunlight and Faith, and would be identical to Lethal, except for the fact that you have to heal it over many nights. Aggravated is for terrifying damage which is special to a species. Silver for Werewolves, Balefire in general...

This is all for Vampires of course. Humans, Werewolves, Mages, the 4 types of damage will interact with them differently.
        Last edited by 11twiggins; 03-25-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X