Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demon: The Fallen / Mummy 20th Anniversary Edition??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demon: The Fallen / Mummy 20th Anniversary Edition??

So, at this point with 5th Edition due out later this year I think it's a safe to say we aren't getting anymore 20th Anniversary Editions, like for these two?

I sure hope that's not the case, particularly with Demon. It was always one of my favorite lines. It would have benefited so much from another edition, and I feel it gets such an unfair treatment

Comment

Yeah I will be disappointed if we don't get Kindred of the East, Mummy, and Demon! And to a lesser extent hunter.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

We don’t know.

Keep an eye on things in 2019 for Hunter20. If the KS for that materializes during that year, then yeah: Mummy20 and Demon20 will probably follow afterwards. If 2019 comes and goes with no Hunter20 KS, then yeah, no more WoD20.

Me personally: I doubt nuWW wants to can EVERY WoD20 line. V20 and W20 ending right now makes sense (controversial views about Changing Ways aside) and has had a long and developed line. M20, Wr20, and C20 have barely started as game lines. It would make no sense to cancel them now. Plus, nuWW seems mostly interested in getting the 5th editions of the Big 3 out first. Everything else after that like Wraith, Changeling, Demon, etc? Probably not as high a priority.

Comment

I would be overjoyed ifnwe saw Demon.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

I'd bet we'll get Hunter 20, but the others? Maybe Demon 20, maybe.

Mummy and KOTE are probably pretty unlikely. (Mummy being a very small line and KOTE being....let's call it problematic and leave it at that.)

Comment

I asked them about KotE20 on Twitter and they didn't give a promising answer. They also stated that not every WoD line is getting a 20th edition, and they apologized for it. So I'm not to optimistic about any of them, really.

Martin seems in love with Vampire, Werewolf a close second, and Mage a distant third. I feel like the other lines are afterthoughts to him.

But I HOPE I'm wrong...

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Novagain View Post
                I'd bet we'll get Hunter 20, but the others? Maybe Demon 20, maybe.

Mummy and KOTE are probably pretty unlikely. (Mummy being a very small line and KOTE being....let's call it problematic and leave it at that.)

Its sad but I would be soooo satisfied with a compiled and updated rules for Mummy and KOTE, even if they are Sublines. It would be great to have the high end powers for non Amenti Immortals. And KOTE is pre-revised rules so they are in desperate need of an update, and If their rules are updated to the quality of Changeling 20 or Dark Age Twenty I would love it! I want to finally play these updated!

And oh man I want more Dark Ages stuff!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

Its sad but I would be soooo satisfied with a compiled and updated rules for Mummy and KOTE, even if they are Sublines. It would be great to have the high end powers for non Amenti Immortals. And KOTE is pre-revised rules so they are in desperate need of an update, and If their rules are updated to the quality of Changeling 20 or Dark Age Twenty I would love it! I want to finally play these updated!

And oh man I want more Dark Ages stuff!
                  Well KOTE was released as an option On ST vault so someone COULD make a revised updated version...

Comment

I hope that we don't see anything from Demon: The Fallen ever again.

As for KOTE, given the problems that whole line has, I'm surprised it even made it to the Storyteller's Vault at all.

Mummy or Hunter 20th Anniversary Edition, I'd be fine with. Hell, I'd love to see a X20 version of Hunter: The Reckoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Camilla View Post
                      I hope that we don't see anything from Demon: The Fallen ever again.

Mummy or Hunter 20th Anniversary Edition, I'd be fine with. Hell, I'd love to see a X20 version of Hunter: The Reckoning.
                      While I agree with your last sentence, I don't understand how anyone could have the opinion of your first one(in bold). There are many Demon fans on this forum that would love a clean and tidy version of Demon 20; if it's something you're not interested in, don't buy it.

I couldn't care less about Exalted, but I'm not about to start a crusade stating that I hope the Kickstarter fails. I hope, in the end, that people are happy. And as there are fans of Demon, I'd like to see a great 20th anniversary edition released that would make those fans happy.

*shrugs

You do you, I guess.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

While I agree with your last sentence, I don't understand how anyone could have the opinion of your first one(in bold). There are many Demon fans on this forum that would love a clean and tidy version of Demon 20; if it's something you're not interested in, don't buy it.

I couldn't care less about Exalted, but I'm not about to start a crusade stating that I hope the Kickstarter fails. I hope, in the end, that people are happy. And as there are fans of Demon, I'd like to see a great 20th anniversary edition released that would make those fans happy.

*shrugs

You do you, I guess.

Well, if there is a Demon 20, then I will just not buy it and pretend it didn't happen like I do with the first version of Demon: The Fallen.

Comment

I'd like a D20 that cleaned up the mechanics, but it's nothing I haven't done on my own. It would just save me the hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Camilla View Post
                            Well, if there is a Demon 20, then I will just not buy it and pretend it didn't happen like I do with the first version of Demon: The Fallen.
                            Ok...not sure why you're making a big deal out of this.

No one's forcing you to buy into a potential Demon20.

Comment

I think problematic elements speaks, in some ways, more for a 20th for Mummy, Demon or KotE. KotE in particular would benefit greatly for a better developed, better researched 20th anniversary, to say nothing of cleaning up it's mechanics. Demon never really had a chance so a 20th anniversary would potentially be practically a 2nd edition in all but name as beyond things like the problematic passages in the Earthbound book, the line desperately needed another edition to fix it's mechanical woes. Mummy was stillborn in some ways similar to Demon. It was a sub supplement line of Vampire for the vast majority of it's existence and Resurrection was the only real place it started to branch out from that. I've passed on from the WoD so I don't have any great anticipation for any of these potential titles but it would interesting to see none the less.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Working...
                              X