Hunter Net

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Net

I'm a little curious about something. In Hunter the Reckoning it is my understanding that the Hunter Net site was hacked. Can anyone point me to where or what book that information came from?

Hunter-net.org was never conventionally hacked IIRC, but there were a few instances of monsters managing to circumvent the Messenger's protections of the system. Carpenter169 was the biggest case of that, but there were at least a few others. The stories of these are generally hard to look for, because they're usually in the H-net post fiction pieces spread throughout the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
      Hunter-net.org was never conventionally hacked IIRC, but there were a few instances of monsters managing to circumvent the Messenger's protections of the system. Carpenter169 was the biggest case of that, but there were at least a few others. The stories of these are generally hard to look for, because they're usually in the H-net post fiction pieces spread throughout the books.
      Well, circumventing or being allowed in by the Messengers, if the hunter-net posters' theories in The Walking Dead are right.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

There was the major breach in '99. The rest are all minor incidents. There was also a very unfortunate Virtual Adept who hacked in and never came back.

Comment

If I remember right, Carpenter didnt really hack the system so much as manipulated his way into a Hunter circle as a sort of information broker on the supernatural. He would feed them some truths, but was largely aiming them at his enemies or rivals and learned about some of their secrets. But its been a while and I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by loomer View Post
            There was the major breach in '99.
            Yeah, the original hacking occurred in the back of the corebook.

(Pure conjecture, this hacking probably occurred before Hunter-Net had supernatural protection, which is shown when the aforementioned VA gets burnt).

Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast
            Unbuttoned History - A History Podcast with Jokes

Comment

Working...
            X