Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any plans for future WOD Kickstater projects past V5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any plans for future WOD Kickstater projects past V5?

Anyone knows if we gonna see future KS for WOD or not?

Thanks

Short answer:

we don't know.

Long answer:

Vampire20 is done, as is (probably) Werewolf20. Mage20 has a bunch of books in development, but no idea if any of them are going to have KSs or not. Wraith20's core rulebook still hasn't officially come out and is in errata, including a bunch of stretch goal books. Changeling20's corebook came out last year and thus barely started. Overall I think Wraith20 and Changeling20 have a larger possibility of continuing as gamelines, due to how nu-WW seems to be more focused on giving the Big Three 5th editions above all the others. So the Revised era gamelines (Hunter, Mummy, Demon) are a bit more up in the air. Apparently someone from nu-WW rumbled about some new WoD20 gamelines being made...but don't expect ALL of them to get WoD20 updates. The most popular choices (at least looking around this forum) seems to be on Hunter and Demon.

Comment

Barring Hunter, Demon, KotE, or Mummy getting 20th Anniversary Editions, I think the WOD kickstarters are probably done

Comment

Originally posted by Novagain View Post
        Barring Hunter, Demon, KotE, or Mummy getting 20th Anniversary Editions, I think the WOD kickstarters are probably done
        Even then, judging from the phrasing of the KotE STVault style guide, it sounds like there are no intentions to make a KotE20.

Comment

Based on what White Wolf Twitter has stated, there will NOT be a Hunter the Reckoning 20th Anniversary. This has been stated numerous times, and as recently as this week.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
            Based on what White Wolf Twitter has stated, there will NOT be a Hunter the Reckoning 20th Anniversary. This has been stated numerous times, and as recently as this week.
            ...where did they say Hunter specifically?

I'm looking through their Twitter right now, and all I'm finding is the "not every gameline will get a 20th Anniversary update" line.

Comment

would welcome KoTE: 20

Hunter can melt like all the snowflakes.

Comment

Books we know are planned and could get Kickstarters, Victorian mage, C20 Players guide, Tribebook: Bunyip. Everything else we know planned is a KS expansion

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

...where did they say Hunter specifically?

I'm looking through their Twitter right now, and all I'm finding is the "not every gameline will get a 20th Anniversary update" line.
                  This was a tweet response to me by White Wolf on April 11th, 2018.
                  "We choose products based on customer interest/how well it works with our plans. Not every game will get a 20th anniv edition. We're sorry if your favorite game is not chosen. There are currently no plans for Hunter20. If interest increases we may revisit the decision."

2:35 PM - 11 Apr 2018

PENTEX SUCKS.

Comment

If they were going to do a Hunter 20th, I'd say they'd at least have plans to do so by now. 2019 is the 20th anniversary, and that's right around the corner.

Two tweets by White Wolf specifically mentioning no plans for Hunter, one last year and one last week, tells me that they ain't doing Hunter.

I'll hold out a LITTLE bit of hope, simply because I'm an optimist.

PENTEX SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
                      This was a tweet response to me by White Wolf on April 11th, 2018.
                      ...oh that's why.

I was looking at the White Wolf Publishing Twitter and not the World of Darkness Twitter. Ok then. Granted there is that "If interest increases we'll revisit the decision."

Otherwise with what we're left with: I still get the air of neither nu-WW nor OPP wanting to do KotE due to wanting to give the culture surrounding it justice, but from the sound of things they don't have the proper writers to do that. Mummy...I get the feel that nobody cares about since most of the conversation surrounding it boils down to "I didn't read Mummy: the Resurrection".

Which just leaves Demon...

Comment

I wouldn't see Nu-WW making a 20th Anniversary anything with the upcoming One World of Darkness around the corner.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

I hope we can see the last few of them. V5 have a long way to go and, honestly, i like the 20th approach, like, big books with all we need. It was about time after 20 years. If we don't see, at least, the major lines in 20th format... felt as an incomplete collection.

Comment

I'm not necessarily happy with it, but I can understand stopping with the original five WoD games. It's not a complete WoD 20th set, but it is at least a complete set of the original 1e games that would be grown and spread out into lots of small book supplements, side games, and full additional games later.

I just wish WW would look at the history of RPGs and notice that it doesn't hurt sales at all to roll out new editions one game-line at a time. They can stop V20 supplements (I'm not sure there were many left to do anyway) to start pushing V5, without stopping the other 20th lines (W20 could really use a Tribe book equivalent to Lore of the Clans, M20 is hard to say a bit until we get all the planned books out to see what's missing, etc.). Why not have another one or two W20 books before W5 comes out (esp. ones that don't piss off the fans with unnecessary WW editorial inserts) to let Onyx Path keep the fans engaged and excited?

Comment

Working...
                            X