X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boneguard
    replied
    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Interesting. I could easily see the Prince as having a sort of siege mentality turning him/her into a tyrant.
    It is definitely a city under siege as both Sabbat cities are known to sent troops as well as "football" players, I had not considered the Tyrant angle, but would have to check the relevant section in Montreal By Night for that info (and move it forward in time). One idea I have is a slightly might Cainite population to withstand the regular attack...and maybe a higher Caitiff population from surviving shovelheads left behind.

The park could have some Fera and Garou, Kingsmere are good place for easy access to the Ottawa Necropolis. Not too sure about the other splat, there has to be some Mage, Changeling, Hunter, Demon, Kuei Jin and Mummies (maybe South American ones) around, but not too sure those, probably some one off...might add them either as generic option or specific as for cross over hook option.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    Interesting. I could easily see the Prince as having a sort of siege mentality turning him/her into a tyrant.

Leave a comment:

• Boneguard
    replied
    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    I've found Requiem's Damnation City fairly useful, design wise.

One thing to possibly consider is what is it about the city of region that makes it fairly unique in terms of the modern dark fantasy genre and/or the game setting. For example, Chicago made such a perfect signature city for Vampire because of it's mix of wealth, working class industry, political corruption and crime. I rather wish Werewolf had done an Alaska setting book because it's a setting in which the Wendigo and Red Talons probably would've been two of the dominant tribes, which would've been a shift from they way things are in "standard" games. New Orleans has a huge number of hooks that make it work really well as a setting for all five of the main game lines as well as others. It's connection to Anne Rice's work and it's political corruption work well for Vampire, and it's place in voodoo culture works with Mage and Wraith, for example. It's also really good for doing Southern Gothic style stories.
    I'll have to look up that book.

My idea is to cover Ottawa (Ontario) and the surrounding National Capital Region.

The city is Canada's Federal Capital, siting unto a geographic/provincial/linguistic border. You have a huge natural park with black bear, turkey, raven, boar, lynx and 2 packs of eastern wolf. Rideau canal, an historical escape route to Kingston (near the Thousand Islands in the St-Lawrence river and a small Camarilla city).

It is also a Camarilla city stuck between 2 Sabbat City: Montreal (200km East) and Toronto (400km South). Detroit, another Sabbat city, is roughly 800Km southwest and Québec City, a Camarilla city, 450k northeast, beyond Montréal.

There is a fair bit of potential here
    Last edited by Boneguard; 04-28-2018, 03:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    I've found Requiem's Damnation City fairly useful, design wise.

One thing to possibly consider is what is it about the city of region that makes it fairly unique in terms of the modern dark fantasy genre and/or the game setting. For example, Chicago made such a perfect signature city for Vampire because of it's mix of wealth, working class industry, political corruption and crime. I rather wish Werewolf had done an Alaska setting book because it's a setting in which the Wendigo and Red Talons probably would've been two of the dominant tribes, which would've been a shift from they way things are in "standard" games. New Orleans has a huge number of hooks that make it work really well as a setting for all five of the main game lines as well as others. It's connection to Anne Rice's work and it's political corruption work well for Vampire, and it's place in voodoo culture works with Mage and Wraith, for example. It's also really good for doing Southern Gothic style stories.

Leave a comment:

• Boneguard
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    theirs "Book of the City" for WTA 3rd edition.

Reafing a coule reviews, although Garoucentric, this could be of help with any splat chosen to get the WoD bleaker feel. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    theirs "Book of the City" for WTA 3rd edition.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X