Was Kemintiri Sire Really Set?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Kemintiri Sire Really Set?

Hello All. So,i read up Kemitire White Wolf wikia page. And it states quite clearly that her sire was set,as in "The Followers of Set". All right,it's canon the natedilluvians are a thing if even if their exact nature is unclear. But the Set described in Kemintiri stories seemed failable,too failable. Almost a far cry from the Set the Setites describe. Is Kemintiri living proof that that the Setites are wrong and set isn't divine? Was her sire just a vampire pretending to be the real Set? Is the truth revealed somewhere? I mean is there anywhere that confirms that Kemintire sire is indeed the Set?

Her character sheet, in the Red List book, she is a 4th gen Setite, and her sire is reported to be seth, and character sheet are out of characters.

Besides that would be not the first time an antediluvian was fucked somehow, being immortal and invincible doesn't mean your plans will not go bum.
    Tzimisce was slain by Samiel in the second baali war, Troile could not win the Punic wars, Cappadocius could not make Lazarus come to the Feast of Folly, Ishtar was forced to flee by an horde of Gangrel 4th gen, Saulot could not understand Xue teachings and the creation of the baali was one of the biggest "oh I fucked pretty bad" in the history of wod, Set was kept in check by Horus and Osiris, and in the end the Silent Striders managed to seal him under Egypt sands.
    There is an entire campaign in Transylvania Chronicles 4 where your players thwarted a maste plan of Absimiliard 700 years in the making.

Keep in mind that Kemintiri was blessed by Horus himself, first among the Undiyng, so Set was dealing with powers on par with his.
    Last edited by Undead rabbit; 05-03-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post
      Her character sheet, in the Red List book, she is a 4th gen Setite, and her sire is reported to be seth, and character sheet are out of characters.

Besides that would be not the first time an antediluvian was fucked somehow, being immortal and invincible doesn't mean your plans will not go bum.
      Tzimisce was slain by Samiel in the second baali war, Troile could not win the Punic wars, Cappadocius could not make Lazarus come to the Feast of Folly, Ishtar was forced to flee by an horde of Gangrel 4th gen, Saulot could not understand Xue teachings and the creation of the baali was one of the biggest "oh I fucked pretty bad" in the history of wod, Set was kept in check by Horus and Osiris, and in the end the Silent Striders managed to seal him under Egypt sands.
      There is an entire campaign in Transylvania Chronicles 4 where your players thwarted a maste plan of Absimiliard 700 years in the making.

Keep in mind that Kemintiri was blessed by Horus himself, first among the Undiyng, so Set was dealing with powers on par with his.
      Wait,my knowledge of the Lore is failing,Salubri created the Baali by accident? Set was sealed by the silent striders?

Comment

Her Sire was Set, but their Faith has a convoluted many layered mystery cult view on Set, and they likely revised their History. Sutekh is a God, his brother is a God. He is probably though a Godlike Vampire that wasn't always so beefy, and his brother didn't always used to be a god.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Gods have been really buffed over the patch cycle back when Set was first out Godding he could do it with just 5 levels of disciplines..

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
            Wait,my knowledge of the Lore is failing,Salubri created the Baali by accident? Set was sealed by the silent striders?
            Black Dog's Clanbook:Baali pretty much state that it was Saulot who sired the first Baali.

Tribebook Silent Strider (Rev.) goes into some details of the Osirian League's fight against Set. This led to Set's Curse on the Tribe that banished the from the land of Khem. So the second point is a bit of crosssplat info.

Comment

Thanks for The answer guys. So it's correct to say that Kemintiri embrace does not proves set is not godly in some way? I ask because I became a big fan of the clan recently and I wouldn't like their whole religion to be false,alright it'd be fitting if some of it is of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                Thanks for The answer guys. So it's correct to say that Kemintiri embrace does not proves set is not godly in some way? I ask because I became a big fan of the clan recently and I wouldn't like their whole religion to be false,alright it'd be fitting if some of it is of the mark

Would someone dying in a mere three hours of hanging on a cross disprove their divinity? according to quite a large number of people on this planet the answer would be: No.

Comment

It depends on your definition of proof.

Setite religion contradicts pretty much every Vampire book. Theres basically no reason to think it's true other than: Setites say so (and spirits exist)

But then, biblical story contradicts real story a lot more (like, say, the world being 5000-6000 years old when humans existed for billons of years ) and christians still believe it's true.

In other words, proof?, what proof?. Obviously that 3rd gen Set isn't THE Set. It's just an imposter - lalala I'm not hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Boneguard View Post
                    Black Dog's Clanbook:Baali pretty much state that it was Saulot who sired the first Baali.
                    They've walked that statement back since that book was published, though. There is conflicting information that suggests it could have been Cappadocius* or Tzimisce, at least, that led to the Baali. Or there are, as some here in this forum suggest, multiple times the Baali bloodline has sprung up, each with their own account for how it happened. I mean, Ur-Shulgi is still debated as Assamite or Baali. The writers did a lot to damage Saulot's reputation when trying to explain why the Tremere pogrom against the Salubri worked, because it shouldn't have, as others have noted on this forum.

*As Ashur.

Comment

In other words, we're right back at:

"It's whatever you want it to be in your game".

Comment

Working...
                      X