Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mummy: The Resurrection is there going to be a 20th anniversery edition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mummy: The Resurrection is there going to be a 20th anniversery edition?

Title says it all really ...
    Is there going to be a 20th anniversery edition of Mummy: The Resurrection?

Officially? No one knows.

My personal impression...I feel out of the remaining gamelines, this is the one that has the least likely chance of getting a 20th Anniversary version. Since most of the conversations I've had with other WoD fans (including people on this site) amount to:

"Yeah, I never read or played MtR...don't really plan on it either."

Hunter and Demon probably stand a better chance.
    Last edited by tasti man LH; 08-09-2018, 02:29 AM.

Comment

thank you.

Comment

Although....if someones feeling really enthused I'm sure a dedicated team could put one together for the Storytellers Vault. When they eventually get around to allowing MtR stuff.....or would that already be covered by Vampire as it was never really a full line?

Comment

Actually, that's what I'd like to see in an MtR20: a full line. Start with a core book that's a stand-alone book with all of the rules needed to create characters and play the game, as well as including the “other mummies” that were in the Player's Guide (the South American and Asian Mummies, IIRC). I'd also want a section on how to modify the game to play prior to the ghost-storm, effectively editing it to double as a way to play in the style of Mummy 2e.

Comment

I would love one to have comming at last because I only come to WoD with the W20 and now would love as a new fan to get the chance to see for myself if I would love it. StV would not be for me as for an Austrian I rather get books in my mother language.

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
            First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
            Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Koronus View Post
              I would love one to have comming at last because I only come to WoD with the W20 and now would love as a new fan to get the chance to see for myself if I would love it. StV would not be for me as for an Austrian I rather get books in my mother language.
              Your more likely to get a translation on the vault than you ever will officially. There's tons of books offered in multiple languages on the vault....mostly Italian, Spanish French and Portuguese so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post

Your more likely to get a translation on the vault than you ever will officially. There's tons of books offered in multiple languages on the vault....mostly Italian, Spanish French and Portuguese so far.
                Well sadly not german. Strangely in German we have something against using STV.

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
                First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
                Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Koronus View Post

Well sadly not german. Strangely in German we have something against using STV.
                  It only takes one person to change that.

Which reminds me I need to do more work on my projects.

Comment

I keep thinking I'd like to try writing a StV thing about the Cabiri, tying them heavily into Greek myth and mystery cults with their own focus and purpose instead of just being a bunch of sucky sucks who stole the mummy spell. Probably like number 11 or 12 on the list though.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Part of me wants to see a unified "things that come back to the land of the living" game for this edition, merging concepts from D:tF, KotE, and Mummy.

Comment

Working...
                      X