So: What's Next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lauro1980 View Post
    We really need a Hunter 20... Just imagine how will be now the hunter-net community, for example... In 1999 we didn't have facebook. Smartphones. Tablets. Apps. Well, we didn't have Orkut... Just a e-mail list and a lame hunter-net page... How the Imbued interact now? A Facebook page? A secret App? A hidden page in Deep, or Dark, Net? Hunter was one of the first WOD books to integrate the internet mainstreme to his storyline and canon activelly. Really avant garde... And now 20 years later, the Hunters know what they are? The "classic", signature characters are "wackos" now? Witness, Doctor, Leaf, Rigger... they are dead, crazy or lost? They found some answers?

In a paranoid world like ours, the Hunter theme still is relevant, more than ever... And Hunter have a lot of fans, and a lot of new players will be interested in RP regular people facing the darkness.

The line just need to be upgraded. The original art from corebook, for example, is awful. A more dark, grim tone can pass the right message. The rules need to be revised. A 20th year edition of Hunter can include easily all the sourcebooks materials. And they could follow more themes like the "Urban Legends" sourcebook exposed. Strange events and hidden creatures living in the WoD, things that only the Imbued can see... and fight. This will give a more "personal" tone to the line.
    Personally, while I think the possibility of a Hunter20 is up on the air...I do think a new Hunter edition as part of WoD5e is very likely.

nuWW is pushing the Second Inquisition as a thing for the major supernatural splats to be scared of. And obviously while it's a bit much to believe EVERY Imbued is in the Inquisition, they are in a spot where they're putting all the supernaturals on the defensive.

Comment

Um... not that it matters... but hard pass on the Imbued mixed with the SI?

HtR is about normal folks getting caught up in the supernatural world with some powers and a horrifically incomplete picture of what's going on. I really woudn't want things moved past First Contact's default. If you want to explore the Chosen trying to work with the government lead hunters, it should be a story about the issues of getting that to work out; not be where the updated setting starts you.

Comment

I like it. I think it's perfectly viable to have some Imbued be members of the Second Inquisition. As long as they're in the minority.

The Final Frontier

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
          I like it. I think it's perfectly viable to have some Imbued be members of the Second Inquisition. As long as they're in the minority.

I don't imagine being a "Hunter" will be treated as any different from other supernaturals... if the SI is actually meant to be an issue for anyone but Vampires.

Comment

My thoughts on the various options:

• KotE20, no. KotEV5, probable. As mentioned earlier, the revisions that OP and WW would want for this are too much for a commemorative edition, but not necessarily for a V5. As well, WW had stated their intention to shift OWoD away from an America-centered property to one that's more global. Sooner or later, this will require dealing with vampires of the East.

• H20, maybe. Hv5, probable. Hv5 cannot stick to the status quo of the Imbued being largely ignorant of the supernatural world (aware, but ignorant). A generation has passed since they first appeared; and they will have grown and adapted over that time. Hunter: Utopia provides a potential blueprint for Hv5. If you prefer the original edition's themes to be preserved, your best bet is H20. By definition, the goal there is to keep the essence of the original game intact.

• Mu20, unlikely; MuV5, maybe. With Mummy, there are two obstacles to a commemorative edition: it was never a full game (even MtR was “use the rules in VtM/WtA/MtA/etc.”), and there were only ever two books. You could do it, and fairly easily; but here, the problem is a lack of demand. V5 is a different matter: the Reborn could easily become a significant part of the larger tapestry of the OWoD, for much the same reason why KotE is likely to be revisited in some manner.

• D20, probable; DV5, maybe. I don't have much to say on this one.

Comment

I pray for Demon: the Fallen V20.

Comment

Bumping this since it's the thread with the most relevance...

In the latest Pathcast, one of the questions asked was about the status of future C20 books, and WoD20a books in general (it's at 24:40-25:51)...and The Gentleman Gamer's impression was, not good.

While he did reiterate that they can only make books that have been greenlit by nuWW, he also gave his thoughts that it seems like the state of things now is that OPP is going to "slow down" on making more WoD20a books, and "accelerate" in making WoD5e books. Of course, not quite saying that all of the other WoD20a gamelines are cancelled and done, but in terms of new projects that haven't been announced...not a lot.
                Last edited by tasti man LH; 10-22-2019, 04:33 AM. Reason: Added link to Pathcast

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                  Bumping this since it's the thread with the most relevance...

In the latest Pathcast, one of the questions asked was about the status of future C20 books, and WoD20a books in general (it's at 24:40-25:51)...and The Gentleman Gamer's impression was, not good.

While he did reiterate that they can only make books that have been greenlit by nuWW, he also gave his thoughts that it seems like the state of things now is that OPP is going to "slow down" on making more WoD20a books, and "accelerate" in making WoD5e books. Of course, not quite saying that all of the other WoD20a gamelines are cancelled and done, but in terms of new projects that haven't been announced...not a lot.
                  Indeed, though we may have a few more projects to come. We'll see.

Matthew Dawkins
                  In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: http://https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

I'd be more ok with the slow down if the 5e version were announced.. I mean Changeing ways is the last werewolf book that came out for w20 and they JUST announced w5. And not even who's doing it.

Comment

From this week's Monday Meeting:

Originally posted by Rich Thomas
                      While we’ve been finishing the Stretch Goal rewards for several past 20th Anniversary Kickstarters, we also have a few more 20th projects that WW/Paradox is cool with us doing, so keep an eye out for those.

Overall, as WW/Paradox‘s method of handling the licensing of WoD changes as they continue moving to “5th Edition WoD”, we are comfortable with pitching individual projects or whole lines depending on the parameters they use on each line. Right now, if we get an idea we pitch it their way and see if it works with their plans.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Demon or hunter would seem most likely if its popular enough. I don't see KotE getting a rework andI'm not sure mummy is popular enough (although I loved the Mummy stuff myself..)

Comment

Working...
                        X