No announcement yet.

So: What's Next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. At this point, the best we can hope for is that whoever does the rest of the 5th edition books does a better job than was done with V5.

Comment

If people can match the design qualities and innovation of V5, without getting bogged down by edition war baggage, across all the original lines, then that would be outstanding.

Comment

So ya take V2*
        and then ya take V20
        and then you mash them together taking the best of both (with a few people who have diverse opinions because some things V1/2 did is subtly really clever but got lost in revised translation)
        and then you try hard to streamline the thing and work on things people don't like in a way that captures the intentions of what came before as well as broad appeal, but you also need to understand that broad appeal doesn't mean 'accessible' when it comes to fluff.
        and then you give the V5 metaplot some consideration because some of it's actually pretty good and some of my "conspiracy theories" [read: The most logical solution to a clear problem] are actually pretty good.
        and then you remember to edit the book.

and then you have the perfect, risk free x6 game which makes the overwhelming majority of people happy. I'd buy shares.

*V2 is like V1 but better right? Honestly, haven't read much of it. Bit of a blind spot for me.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
        There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
          So ya take V2*
          and then ya take V20
          and then you mash them together taking the best of both (with a few people who have diverse opinions because some things V1/2 did is subtly really clever but got lost in revised translation)
          and then you try hard to streamline the thing and work on things people don't like in a way that captures the intentions of what came before as well as broad appeal, but you also need to understand that broad appeal doesn't mean 'accessible' when it comes to fluff.
          and then you give the V5 metaplot some consideration because some of it's actually pretty good and some of my "conspiracy theories" [read: The most logical solution to a clear problem] are actually pretty good.
          and then you remember to edit the book.

and then you have the perfect, risk free x6 game which makes the overwhelming majority of people happy. I'd buy shares.

*V2 is like V1 but better right? Honestly, haven't read much of it. Bit of a blind spot for me.
          You are no authority on what makes any WoD game good or not. Your account of any of the games’ development has an equivalent value to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post

You are no authority on what makes any WoD game good or not. Your account of any of the games’ development has an equivalent value to me.
            Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

...no.

They care just as much if the setting, plot, and characters displayed is cool enough to want to play them. Especially since gameplay is hard to convey in a trailer when you can't figure out how gameplay feels...until you actually by and play it.

You can't put gameplay on the back of the box or in a trailer.
              Yes, but my point was that suspension of disbelief wasn't going to be the sticking point on a changeling game.

I'm also of the opinion that being a fae hiding among humans to try and restore wonder to the world is a cool enough concept to attract gamers as long as it's handled well.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                Sigh so now is Storyteller's Vault the last torch held up for the old school World of Darkness Content?

Correct. Hell even Developers for lines are using Storytellers Vault along with the majority of Freelancers to keep giving us books that were blocked by Paradox. Theres awesome stuff on there for CtD, MtA, WtA and WtO.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post

Correct. Hell even Developers for lines are using Storytellers Vault along with the majority of Freelancers to keep giving us books that were blocked by Paradox. Theres awesome stuff on there for CtD, MtA, WtA and WtO.
                  And the worst is, it seems Paradox is even blocking further translations of M20. That or I will get a hell of an expensive Crowdfunding if they just want to allow it Ulisses Spiele when all the books are out.

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
                  First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
                  Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

Working...
                  X