Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Great Egyptian Chronicle (need sourcebook advice)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

And, a general list of groups that don't really care for the Followers of Set:
    • The Ashirra (the alliance of Islamic vampire, for religious and political reasons)
    • The Ahadi (the alliance of African were beasts, both for religious reasons and ancient blood fueds)
    • The Web of Faith (the alliance of Muslim Mages created by the Ahl I Batin, for religious reasons, and because Mages generally consider vampires to be jerks.)
    • The Amenti (the post-Reckoning Mummies; for religious reasons and the ancient blood feud between Set and Horus)
    Really for all the Shit Tremere get, its really the Settites who are the Mary Sue of survival when the world fucking wants you dead.

Comment

Primal Flame well, they "should" but is rather uneconomic to announce it long beforehand....

Also, to add to the No One of Consequence post, at the end of the Caliphate era, the Mameluks destroyed several Setite temples mostly minor temples and at least a major Founding Temple (Ombos), several Elders and even some Methuselah are believed to have lost their unlives in that time.

Originally posted by Lian View Post
      Really for all the Shit Tremere get, its really the Settites who are the Mary Sue of survival when the world fucking wants you dead.
      Well, for all the shit Serpentis gets, it's a strong fighting Discipline

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes

Comment

No One of Consequence thank you for all the information. I already have Cairo, Veil of Night, and Clanbooks Followers of Set and Assamite Revised. I plan on acquiring the mage book you mentioned, Rage Across Egypt, Silent Strinders Revised and some of the fera books (Mokole and Bastet for sure).

The Wiki on the fear alliance of Africa, however, lack references. Which book deals with that?

SalamanDer Last year the year before that it was around the 17th, so, lets wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Flame View Post
          The Wiki on the fear alliance of Africa, however, lack references. Which book deals with that?
          I'm not sure, but should be on the Ajaba (were-hyenas) breedbook
          Last edited by SalamanDer; 10-09-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SalamanDer View Post

I'm not sure, but should be on the Ajaba (were-hyenas) breedbook

I don't think there is an Ajaba breedbook.

Comment

I don't think there is an Ajaba breedbook.
              sorry, my bad -_-''
              (this is what happens when I answer just before going to the bed...)
              the Ajaba are treated on the Bastet breedbook, Changing Breeds & Players Guide to the Changing Breeds... dunno why I thought they had a book on their own...
              anyway, if you're going to take the Silent Striders Tribebook, there's something about the Ahadi on the "Africa" section (roughly half page btw)

Comment

sorry, my bad -_-''
                (this is what happens when I answer just before going to the bed...)
                the Ajaba are treated on the Bastet breedbook, Changing Breeds & Players Guide to the Changing Breeds... dunno why I thought they had a book on their own...
                anyway, if you're going to take the Silent Striders Tribebook, there's something about the Ahadi on the "Africa" section (roughly half page btw)
                No problem. Thank you!

Comment

No One of Consequence thank you for all the information. I already have Cairo, Veil of Night, and Clanbooks Followers of Set and Assamite Revised. I plan on acquiring the mage book you mentioned, Rage Across Egypt, Silent Strinders Revised and some of the fera books (Mokole and Bastet for sure).

SalamanDer Last year the year before that it was around the 17th, so, lets wait.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Ahadi

Most of the info is compiled in its own chapter of W20 Changing Breeds

Comment

Primal Flame well, they "should" but is rather uneconomic to announce it long beforehand....

Also, to add to the No One of Consequence post, at the end of the Caliphate era, the Mameluks destroyed several Setite temples mostly minor temples and at least a major Founding Temple (Ombos), several Elders and even some Methuselah are believed to have lost their unlives in that time.

Well, for all the shit Serpentis gets, it's a strong fighting Discipline

Very slowly turning into a Giant snake is clearly an effective strategy against a Plethora of angry werecreatures. Multiple Clans, a Whole Supernatural creature type..

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                        Very slowly turning into a Giant snake is clearly an effective strategy against a Plethora of angry werecreatures. Multiple Clans, a Whole Supernatural creature type..
                        nah, that works only for surprise attack, and need a level 4 discipline, which means it's already on the high-tier of the roster
                        the grunts are meant to work with levels 1-3 :P
                        Eyes of the Serpent + Tongue of the Asp + Skin of the Adder is a great combo, needing only a level 3 Discipline and a total expense of 1 blood point

Comment

Working...
                        X