Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the continuation of Dark Ages maintaining consistency with the current edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the continuation of Dark Ages maintaining consistency with the current edition.

As the Dark Ages line has been something of the modern vampire line quite a long time and since it has been quite incomplete, I hope it continues its releases without adhering to the revisions of V5 and without major revisions and that the next edition revises little, the ideal would even be to have no other issue, just keep releasing supplements for this.

I make this topic to demonstrate my position as a fan and as the voice of many, that we will support anything done in the direction of continue the Line Dark Ages as it is at the moment but we will spoil if she adhere to the revisions of V5 because not incoherent for her .

Let us have our cake and eat it too.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Dark Ages is about this vision, putting things of the V5 in it would be to not only go the opposite way (since Dark Ages are usually less affected by modern revisions than to affect these) as to destroy it.

What's more, it's another scenario. With as much content as possible to develop it and necessary to become complete.

Only the idea of the amalgrams of disciplines or the end of the Paths would demolish the most essential aspects of their configuration.

Comment

Let's see what the future will bring us....

We are ever in between until the chrysalis overtakes us

Comment

Whatever they create, they will try to improve the dice mechanics in some fashion. I do not foresee a V5-like influence coming to Dark Ages. They are separated by entire Ages. There is no reason for the systems to be similar. Dark Ages and Modern were different for VERY good reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Linus View Post
            Dark Ages is about this vision, putting things of the V5 in it would be to not only go the opposite way (since Dark Ages are usually less affected by modern revisions than to affect these) as to destroy it.

What's more, it's another scenario. With as much content as possible to develop it and necessary to become complete.

Only the idea of the amalgrams of disciplines or the end of the Paths would demolish the most essential aspects of their configuration.

I also still have hope that WW won't screw up Dark Ages so completelly as they have done with V5, but since V5 was such a huge and almost complete disappointment, I wouldn't be so surprised anymore if they decide to screw up Dark Ages as well. In any case, only time will tell.

Comment

I honestly don't think that Paradox will touch it for a log time, if ever.
              Vampire Dark ages doesn't have the cross-splat appeal for cross overs that they'd want for their videogame/tv lines tie-ins.

Hopefully Onyx Path could continue V20 Dark ages or use the ideas that they had for the original V5 (or V V) and work for a new edition of Dark ages. But the systems have been traditionally different enough to be incompatible. Hopefully it'll be the same going forward.

Comment

Sincerely Dark Ages needs supplements (a bit of them, but not so many). But it does not need any overhaul.

I believe that if it happens. It should happen in the supplements themselves, mentioning in text grids "revision" and then explaining the new system, ability, some change in the file or change of discipline. All being outside the frame kept intact.

Maybe some subjects deserve revisions. But only.

Another work I believe is necessary is to bring the two versions Dark Ages Vampire and V20 Dark Ages. Even with notes on how the Road to Heaven paths are still valid and some schism about the Road's two interpretations of Paths composition. Return and deepen with the curses on the disciplines and powers associated disorders and especially the Monarchies.

Comment

I agree ... Dark Ages should receive a renewal to it's supplement line.
                  Particularly with regards to three unreleased, but previously announced
                  and promoted books:

Dark Ages: Brujah Chronicles (20048) 1-58846-298-6
                  Dark Ages: Hallowed Ground (20025) 1-58846-296
                  Dark Ages: Italy (20022) 1-58846-239-5

What other books would you like to see?

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Storm View Post
                    and promoted books:

Dark Ages: Wraith is so so overdue.

Other than that, I just want more setting books; the By Nights for this line were all killer.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

and promoted books:

I would want them to translate the Dark Ages France, that was published only in french. I would buy this book anytime! Other than that Dark Ages Italy sounds interesting too. And last, but not least, where the hell is the v20 Dark Ages Mage? We need more dark ages supplements!

Comment

and promoted books:

I agree and add:

Italy would basically be a preview of the Dark Ages Wraith (which would have to come later) just as the British Isles were from the Fae. I think it makes sense, honestly.

I think Dark Ages Fae, Dark Ages Werewolf and Dark Ages Mage need Companion (but I do know that Grimoire counts as a Companion, but Mage needs more to embrace non-European Mages).

There's something else I'd like to see but that's the basics in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                        X