Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have to choose a Splat. Which one would you be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have to choose a Splat. Which one would you be?

For living everyday. No mages because that is such an obvious choice.

Would being a Sin-Eater be a good choice for practical everyday living?

Uhm. Is this for OWOD or NWOD? It's in the OWOD section, but you mentioned Sin-Eaters..

Comment

Silent Strider probably.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Son of Ether.

Comment

Defender.

Second choice would probably be Get.

The Final Frontier

Comment

I think the wereravens have it pretty good: they're fera that the werewolves get along with, and they can fly.

Comment

No mages? I’m gonna play fair and not say “Sorcerer” or “Kin-folk” because even though it’s technically not a mage, the intent of the question (i.e. which not strictly human splat would you choose to be) is obvious.

All the other options for “mostly normal” generally have some type of downside to them. Imbued Hunters get voices in their heads that eventually turn them into fanatics. Ghouls are almost certainly blood bound. The new Mummies get Horus’ politics and requirements for rebirth messing up your existence.

Of all the non-mage/sorcerer options available I think I’d have to choose the Dhampyr. All the benefits of ghouldom with (generally) none of the downsides and subtle enough to slip under the radar entirely if that’s what you wanted to do.

You’ve got some anger management issues, but generally lower difficulties for the checks and learning some self-control (and spending willpower if you absolutely must) will generally keep those under control. In exchange you get to be immortal, super strong, can figure out the first dot in the other physical disciplines without a tutor, can heal rapidly and boost your physical stats if needed.

Most importantly, other than a very thin-blooded vampire parent who likely isn’t even in the picture, you’ve got no supernatural politics dragging you down. No werewolf packs or mage societies looking to recruit you into their existential wars. No sires who created you as a political tool.

You’re no match for other supernaturals really, but if your goal is simply to lead as normal a life as possible, those advantages might be handy from time to time with no meaningful downsides to compensate for.
              Last edited by Chris24601; 11-28-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

I would hope to be a vampire. Knowing my luck I'd end up as a fomori because of all the years of wyrm taint.

Comment

A Changeling, like a Troll or Autumn Sidhe. Changelings want to be happy and they want to be themselves, even though they are on the brink of depression and amnesia.

Or if I’m going to make the sacrifice, I’ll be a Garou like a Stargazer or Fenrir, but that is a harsh life of responsibility.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Or Yeah an Amenti or Wu Tian are quite positive rolls as well as having super positive forms of immortality. If I’m Amenti I even have the weakest part of my soul inhabited by the strongest part of another soul.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Alchemical Exalted. I want to be a City.

Comment

Why no mages?

Other than a mage, a vampire. Yeah, with all the baggage. Preferably not one of the clans who have drawn the "you can't mingle with society without magic, because you look like something the dog chewed on, or a decaying corpse". Or a Tremere, if the old clan structure and curse is up.

Otherwise, for the "why would anyone want to be a blood-sucking undead monster?" I'd just call up Marius from the Anne Rice books and say "fuck you, I don't want to die and I want to see history unfold and all the things humans could come up with, good or bad". That, and I'm really not a sunshine-loving person, so I could live with that. The thing I'd miss the most probably, is food.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

Sunlight and food are two things the Dhampyr gets to still enjoy while also getting the immortality to see history unfold. The fact that you don’t need to feed to maintain your existence also helps keep you off the radar since you’ll never need to dispose of a corpse if you lose control of your hunger one night.

Heck as long as it doesn’t instantly kill you, a Dhampyr can bounce back from just about any injury in minutes. They’ll need days to regain the lost “blood”, but if you’re just trying to escape, laying on the ground pretending to be dead/mortally wounded until you can make a break for it when your attacker doesn’t know you can quick heal is actually a solid plan. Plus, you don’t slip into torpor for being out of blood points.

Honestly, it’s about the subtlest immortal out there. Amenti are a close second, but still have to spend periods of time in the underworld to recharge some of their energies. Vampires and Ghouls need blood from some source or another to maintain themselves. Mages need ever more paradoxical rituals to maintain immortality

Dhampyrs maintain their immortality and recharge their energies just by getting up in the morning; no odd rituals, long disappearance, supernatural loyalty to a vampire, or never being seen in daylight and having the occasional body from a feed gone bad to clue people in to the fact that you’re an ageless supernatural being who can be stronger, faster and tougher than any mortal.

Comment

Get of Fenris as their caern is like 20 km from my hometownand i quite like and play them.

Comment

I'd be pretty okay with being a Tzimisce.

Comment

Working...
                              X