Zombies...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombies...

Any stats for them in any recent-ish material? I think they were stated in The Walking Dead for Hunter the Reckoning, but as far as I know, that's the last(and only) place they were given stats.

The Final Frontier

V20 - P164 in the Necromancy Section

"Corpses animated by a necromancer of the Bone Path have Strength 3, Dexterity 2, Stamina 4, Brawl 2, and always act last in a turn (unless there are mitigating circumstances). They have zero Willpower points to spend, but resist attacks as if they have Willpower ratings of 10. All Mental and Social ratings are zero for a reanimated corpse, and zombies never attempt to dodge. Zombies’ dice pools are not affected by damage, except that caused by fire or the claws and teeth of supernatural creatures. Most zombies have 10 health levels, but they are incapable of healing any damage they suffer. They have no minds or personalities to affect, so they are immune to uses of powers such as Dominate and Presence. Unless otherwise noted, they likewise cannot be usurped from the control of the necromancer invoking them."

And Thanatosis, p 473.

They seem to have different powers depending on the type of Zombie it is.

Comment

Thank you, kindly.

The Final Frontier

Comment

Dark ages V20 pg 279-280 has another set of stats which are reliant on the necromancy rating of the summoner

Comment

Clearly there is a need for a World of Darkness: Zombies book.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

They're literally and figuratively mindless NPCs, I don't think it's needed. If it is: Play Risen

Though, a general WOD: Antagonists supplement would work; Have generic stats and powers that can be applied in any Splat without needing to own other Splats;
            Lupines as generic werewolves, Leeches for generic Vampires and both with easy to apply mechanics to be brought in to other games (No need to understand all the disciplines for a werewolf game, or Gifts for a Vampire game.

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
              They're literally and figuratively mindless NPCs, I don't think it's needed. If it is: Play Risen
              Who said anything about player characters? I'm talking about something that starts with real world zombi legends ala The Serpent &The Rainbow and how to weave that into the Bata'a, Serpents of Light and others, moves up to bringing the dead back to "life" as tragic victims, mindless servants or PENTEX super soldiers (like Universal Soldier without the "bug" of living memories), and eventually covers how to do a full blown Walking Dead end of civilization scenario (what happens when vampires run out of people to feed on?). With things like Evil Dead's demon (or bane) possessed corpses, Chinese jiangshi stories, and reanimated dinosaur skeletons thrown in for good measure.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

A whole book on multiple styles of Zombie would probably sell, it's still in the zeitgeist.

Fat Larry I just remembered, that as well as Risen, there is also another type of Zombie creature right now, which is ghost that have been forcefully thrown in to corpses that don't actually have the powe to puppet them properly; you could check out the latest Wraith for that stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
                  A whole book on multiple styles of Zombie would probably sell, it's still in the zeitgeist.

Fat Larry I just remembered, that as well as Risen, there is also another type of Zombie creature right now, which is ghost that have been forcefully thrown in to corpses that don't actually have the powe to puppet them properly; you could check out the latest Wraith for that stuff
                  I'll check that out, as well as the V20 and V20 Dark Ages references ASAP. Thanks.

The Final Frontier

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

Who said anything about player characters? I'm talking about something that starts with real world zombi legends ala The Serpent &The Rainbow and how to weave that into the Bata'a, Serpents of Light and others, moves up to bringing the dead back to "life" as tragic victims, mindless servants or PENTEX super soldiers (like Universal Soldier without the "bug" of living memories), and eventually covers how to do a full blown Walking Dead end of civilization scenario (what happens when vampires run out of people to feed on?). With things like Evil Dead's demon (or bane) possessed corpses, Chinese jiangshi stories, and reanimated dinosaur skeletons thrown in for good measure.

Seems like a solid storyteller vault concept.

Comment

I mean, there is that fan made game Zombie the Coil from like... 15+ years ago. Probably an archive of it somewhere on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                      X