X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illithid
    started a topic Demons in a Vampire game

Demons in a Vampire game

I'm looking for a way to represent Demons in a California/Los Angeles Vampire game, but without having to buy, read and understand full demon rules to represent them. (V20 rules)

I've already party reworked a simplified way to deal with Mages and Werewolves so that they're thematically the same as their official splats but mechanically simpler, but I have a limited knowledge of Demon:The Fallen to work with.

Does anyone have suggestions for me? I know that Crowley seems to have a solid interest in both Demon and Vampire
    Last edited by Illithid; 01-03-2019, 07:20 PM. Reason: Grammar mistake.

• Illithid
    replied
    Thats all great for what I need it for. Now I "juts" need the rest of my plans to stop crumbling around me.

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    anything we can do ya for?

Leave a comment:

• Vintz
    replied
    thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• Illithid
    replied
    I don't have it here, because I'm usually on the forums at work, and those notes are at home, but generally speaking (And these started out for a MET game, not Tabletop)

*All characters are able to be created and run from the core Vampire books*
    Some decisions were made to mess with Vampire Players that had expectations of what Garou could do. These are designed as "Lupines"

- Wizards, Sorcerers, Warlocks etc get Thaumaturgy/necromancy Paths to represent their power, buy them in the normal progression. Same with any power that you want to represent. They get any ritual that exists that makes sense. They could also have merits to represent permanent sorcery enhancement.
    - True Magical masters will be represented by their ability to bend the rules as they see fit within the scope of their concept

Lupines -
    Rank gives you "Blood per turn" and "Blood capacity" That represents both Rage and Gnosis, split in to 2 pools. Starting with 5 in each at rank one, then advancements can be split either way at your choice. Disciplines are split between using one or the other depending on physical or mental/social (in general) You can spend one of each in a turn.
    Every Lupine starts with Protean 4 to shift to wolf and 3 ranks in Potence and Celerity. (In Met, that's the point in celerity you get an additional action and potence +1 damage)

Physicals are in "Clan" plus one discipline per auspice
    Everyone can get Thaumaturgy (Spirit Thaum) but it's emphasized for Theurges
    What I can remember, not sure it's right.

Ragabash - Obfuscate
    Theurge - Obeah (without the Eye)
    Philidox - Auspex
    Galliard - Presence
    Ahroun - Dominate + could buy the merit that gives them Chrinos Form

Then "Tribes" had an additional one, often a Thaum Path that was related to their ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Vintz
    replied
    Originally posted by Illithid View Post

I've already party reworked a simplified way to deal with Mages and Werewolves so that they're thematically the same as their official splats but mechanically simpler,
    Could you share ?

Leave a comment:

• Possessed
    replied
    For a Vampire game specifically I would perhaps suggest Devil’s Due which is a Dark Ages: Vampire supplement about Demons, the rules differ quite a bit from those of modern DtF but work quite well with Vampire.

Leave a comment:

• magnus666
    replied
    Hello and here's my two oboli on this subject,
    The DTF ST companion answer your question I believe .
    Originally posted by Demon The fallen - Storyteller's Companion page 68-69
    Demon and the kindred are competitors for the same prize _____ mankind and all it has to offer. Both groups are highly territorial, prideful and more than willing to resort to violence if
    threatened.

So far, any attempts at détente between a kindred and a court in a given town or city have broken down into outright conflict.
    This is not to say that all demon-vampire relations are ultimately destructive.
    Some of the fallen, particularly of the Reconciler faction, have forged ties with individual vampires, hoping to use their lore to restore the kindred's humanity in exchange for knowledge and support as the demon try to further their agenda worldwide.So far, these efforts at returning the undead to life have failed.

Leave a comment:

• Kalendeer
    replied
    What I read from these parts is not that that Demons have a problem with vampires for what they are ("they know how vengeful a cruel Creator can be") but rather that they are usually competitors for the sames resources. It's less an ideological opposition than a practical one.

Leave a comment:

• Prometheas
    replied
    Originally posted by Kalendeer View Post

Do you have the page number for the quote ? I've searched in my pdf copy but can't find it and the search function doesn't work.
    They never actually say "kill it with Fire", I was making a joke. Demons do hate vampires though, their relationship is described in "The Storyteller's Companion" book for demon on pg. 66

Leave a comment:

• Kalendeer
    replied
    Originally posted by Prometheas View Post

It actually is mentioned in the demon core book's section on vampires. Demon's essentially react to vampires the way humans react to spiders, I.E. "Kill it with Fire!".
    Do you have the page number for the quote ? I've searched in my pdf copy but can't find it and the search function doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• Prometheas
    replied
    I don't remember Demons specifically loathing vampires in any of the DtF books I read. I think the problem would probably be that they would aim for the same resources.
    It actually is mentioned in the demon core book's section on vampires. Demon's essentially react to vampires the way humans react to spiders, I.E. "Kill it with Fire!".

Leave a comment:

• Kalendeer
    replied
    Originally posted by Crowley View Post

Think about it for a moment. Demons used to be angels, they felt nothing more but pain and wrath and emotions they coudnt handle when Caine axed Abel...Imagine how they would feel if they saw something like a vampire, an aberration, a monstruosity that represent a leech consuming everything the Elohim Fell for.
    On the other hand, vampires are cursed by God (just like the Fallen were unjustly cast into the abysses). While it would be understandable that most Fallen would despise those who embrace the Cruse, I think they can feel some kind of kinship toward those who were Embraced against their will. A fallen angel and a humanist vampire may be found trying to walk the path toward redemption together.

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    I don't remember Demons specifically loathing vampires in any of the DtF books I read. I think the problem would probably be that they would aim for the same resources.

Think about it for a moment. Demons used to be angels, they felt nothing more but pain and wrath and emotions they coudnt handle when Caine axed Abel...Imagine how they would feel if they saw something like a vampire, an aberration, a monstruosity that represent a leech consuming everything the Elohim Fell for.

Leave a comment:

• Kalendeer
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X