H20 for 2019?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H20 for 2019?

Since we're officially in 2019 now has there been a peep about Hunter: The Reckoning 20th Anniversary? I've been waiting since I backed V20 and it felt like 2019 would never arrive, but here we are!

i'm really sorry to be the one who tell you this,but h20 is not guaranteed. You see,it's up to white wolf. white wolf have to give the OK for opp to do it,and they haven't given the OK yet.
    Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 01-09-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

water for 2019? I don't get it.

Comment

I don't think there are any plans for new 20th products, let alone lines. Just the ones promised in the kickstarters.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
          I don't think there are any plans for new 20th products, let alone lines. Just the ones promised in the kickstarters.

Technocracy Reloaded is debatably KS but Mage Victorian isn't, or the C20 pg.

Comment

I wish we could get an update to Hunter: The Reckoning, it was the only post-Changeling gameline in the oWoD that wasn't a total trainwreck (Mummy barely even qualifies as a gameline, and we all know how I feel about Demon and KOTE)

Like, yeah Hunter had its flaws but it doesn't deserve near the amount of hate it gets. Especially compared to stuff like Demon and Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Technocracy Reloaded is debatably KS but Mage Victorian isn't, or the C20 pg.
              To be fair, I was mostly asleep when I wrote that. I can fully imagine that they might drop some style guides for the Storyteller's Vault too.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

I doubt that we will see any new 20th Anniversary lines - White Wolf (and their contractor, Modiphius) will want to focus on 5th edition books.

Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast
                Unbuttoned History - A History Podcast with Jokes

Comment

Originally posted by Darker Days Mike View Post
                  I doubt that we will see any new 20th Anniversary lines - White Wolf (and their contractor, Modiphius) will want to focus on 5th edition books.
                  At this time, V5 has been a decent mess that several fans hated, so I don't know if pursuing 5th editions is going to be the best course for them, economically speaking. And we're talking about Vampire, the most popular game line amongst all the WW IPs.

AFAIK Hunter: the Vigil has never been as popular as Reckoning, yet Vigil is getting a second edition this year - so why not a 20th for HtR? Personally I'd love to see a new HtR edition with more thematic Edges and better mechanics (like, can we finally get the distinction between aggravated and lethal damage?), I don't know why Paradox seems so uninterested in greenlighting it.

Comment

Part of it may be that Reckoning was so strongly tied in with the "Gehenna/Apocalypse/etc. is Next Week" aspects of the World of Darkness metaplot at the time that it may not fit as well with what the x20 books have done. But that's just a guess.

But, if there was a new edition, I just hope that this time it has artwork which actually reflects what the game is about.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                      Part of it may be that Reckoning was so strongly tied in with the "Gehenna/Apocalypse/etc. is Next Week" aspects of the World of Darkness metaplot at the time that it may not fit as well with what the x20 books have done. But that's just a guess.
                      Yeah: the biggest challenge for a theoretical Hunter20 is rewriting the setting so that it's not dependent on Revised's metaplot elements.

Same deal with a theoretical Mummy20 and Demon20.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                        But, if there was a new edition, I just hope that this time it has artwork which actually reflects what the game is about.
                        Isn't an Avenger game all about slaying monsters with big rifles? =P
                        But yes, I know. Still, they did M20 with the post-avatar storm and Wr20 after the Sixth Maelstrom, and those both event were pretty tied into the Gehenna metaplot too. In the end the Imbued Hunters might just still be there because the monster forgot to extinct themselves.

Comment

It would be interesting to see which if any of the scenarios in Utopia came to pass.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

IM TOSSING MONEY AT THE SCREEN!

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
                            ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
                            Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
                            Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Originally posted by Maris Streck View Post
                              At this time, V5 has been a decent mess that several fans hated, so I don't know if pursuing 5th editions is going to be the best course for them, economically speaking.
                              Has it? I mean, outside of these forums.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
                              cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
                              EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

Comment

Working...
                              X