No announcement yet.

How long are your roleplaying sessions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long are your roleplaying sessions?

I run a tabletop and I've found that 2.5-3.5 hours of game time (in a 3.5 to 5 hour period) is my group's sweet spot. How about everyone else's? How long do your tabletop sessions run and how does that compare with say doing it over text or discord?

Game sessions run about 3-4 hours currently but that is due to having small kids and work to handle as well but then again we compensate by playing 3-4 sessions per week.

Never had time or need for an online game as players have for now been available locally.

Comment

I exclusively run one-player Masquerade sessions (its easiest to come up with much deeper and more intricate plot when I don't have to focus on multiple players) and those usually go for five to seven hours after I include Court, Clan meetings, and then the various other events that occur outside of Elysium.

I used to run online games, but stopped because it was impossible to find players who would step away from other online stuff and wouldn't take 10 to 20 minutes between every response, which would result in even a single Court event taking upwards of 12 hours to resolve. No bueno.
      Last edited by TheArchitect; 01-12-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Possessed View Post
        Game sessions run about 3-4 hours currently but that is due to having small kids and work to handle as well but then again we compensate by playing 3-4 sessions per week.

Never had time or need for an online game as players have for now been available locally.
        So 9-16 hours in a week?

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyCuriosity View Post
          So 9-16 hours in a week?
          Thats about right, yes, barring scheduling problems with work/kids.

Comment

Feeling a little sting of Envy here...

We play once a Month with the session taking 9-12 hours.
            Half of the group has kids (me included)
            Age is between 23 and 37, 2-4 guys and my younger sister.

So, this Zen Master walks up to a hot dog stand and says: "Make me one with everything!"

Comment

I've been running a Demon the Fallen campaign with my troupe for about 2 1/2 years, playing once/week or once every two weeks over roll20. We play in 1-2 hour sessions, taking as many sessions as we need to finish a story (anywhere from 2-8 sessions). It's awesome. Some of us have kids (including me), and it's pretty easy to carve out an hour or two on a week night. We just did session 80 last week, nearing the end of the chronicle. We will have completed 23 stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Trategos_Sol View Post
                I've been running a Demon the Fallen campaign with my troupe for about 2 1/2 years, playing once/week or once every two weeks over roll20. We play in 1-2 hour sessions, taking as many sessions as we need to finish a story (anywhere from 2-8 sessions). It's awesome. Some of us have kids (including me), and it's pretty easy to carve out an hour or two on a week night. We just did session 80 last week, nearing the end of the chronicle. We will have completed 23 stories.
                Any crossover experience with Mage, by chance?

Comment

My WtA game lasts 2.5-3 hours on regular nights. Sometimes we cap off stories with large battles or complex trials... the last one of those was on New Years and we played for 7 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post
                    My WtA game lasts 2.5-3 hours on regular nights. Sometimes we cap off stories with large battles or complex trials... the last one of those was on New Years and we played for 7 hours.
                    How often?

Comment

My solo game sessions usually go on for about 2 to 4 hours, depending on the story and how I feel that day. We used to play daily, but currently that game is on hiatus.
                      A changeling game I run lasts for 3-4 hours, bi-weekly. These games are all open ended, sandbox games where I present adventures but the PCs ultimately decide what they're interested in.

Other games, mostly oneshots or short games, vary. They could last for up to 5 hours.

Comment

Back when I was still storytelling (tabletop Vampire:tM) we played once for week, roughly 3 hours per session
                        originally we played 4 or 5 hours, but I made the error of having my players increase out of my safety zone (from 2-3 to 4), so in the end I started making shorter session because they were wearing me out... :P

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes
                        Fingers of the Eldest: Bogatyri

Comment

How often?
                          1/week with the longer sessions occurring every six months, typically. 5 year game that just wrapped up in December.

Comment

Between 9 and 12 hours -- but we only our big group game between 6-9 times per year. All of us are in our mid-30's; some have kids; two of us have busy law practices; two of us are teachers constantly hustling to find an extra buck; one of us is long-haul truck driver whose availability is unpredictable at best.

Sig

Comment

Any crossover experience with Mage, by chance?

For that chronicle no, but I've done crossover stories before involving mages

Comment

Working...
                              X