Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low-Power Practical Magics - What Are Your Examples?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogstar
    replied
    Originally posted by Lian View Post
    Metamorphosis 1 in c20 is quite possibly the most powerful 1 dot power in the game period, hell it out powers a number of 4 dot powers. I can be any race any gender. Change an item I am working with into another material to make it easier to work and then revert it. Be able to perfectly counterfiet money even hard currencies, upgrade my phone when I want!
    I think you're massively overpowering that ability, any sensible ST would knock this down to size with a few simple points:

>Change an item I am working with into another material to make it easier to work and then revert it
    Maybe if your Changeling is a master of various substances (e.g. metallurgy), magic doesn't make up for a lack of knowledge

>Be able to perfectly counterfiet money even hard currencies
    Nope, there's a lot of really fine detail on most bank notes that would require your Changeling to be a master forger to duplicate

>upgrade my phone when I want!
    To do this your Changeling would have to be an absolute master of chip design and technology

However surface appearances would be eminently possible - changing your old iPhone to _look_ like the latest model (but without changing the internals) should be doable by a technologically competent Changeling

Leave a comment:

• Lian
    replied
    Metamorphosis 1 in c20 is quite possibly the most powerful 1 dot power in the game period, hell it out powers a number of 4 dot powers. I can be any race any gender. Change an item I am working with into another material to make it easier to work and then revert it. Be able to perfectly counterfiet money even hard currencies, upgrade my phone when I want!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X