Powered by the Dark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powered by the Dark

Does anyone know why I can barely find anyone talking about the 'Powered by the Dark' hacks for Vampire and Mage? Considering they were done by Exalted 3e's lead designer and released alongside supplements to add the exalted into the 20th anniversary edition games I'm amazed that I haven't seen anyone talk about the PdtA hacks V20, V20DA, M20 and Sorcerer's crusade.

These weren't small either, each book is about 100 pages and extremely well made for a powered by the apocalypse game. He even included all the bloodlines and crafts.

I'm just asking as I can't find a mention of them here and I don't think I saw one on white wolf's reddit.

Generally this is a place where people are intererested in the official stuff.. and even then there's some issues people have with v5

Comment

I remember seeing a changeling the dreaming hack posted here a while back, it just seemed strange to me that this completely slipped under the radar. I only learned about it via the powered by the apocalypse reddit.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkfoxdev View Post
        Does anyone know why I can barely find anyone talking about the 'Powered by the Dark' hacks for Vampire and Mage? Considering they were done by Exalted 3e's lead designer and released alongside supplements to add the exalted into the 20th anniversary edition games I'm amazed that I haven't seen anyone talk about the PdtA hacks V20, V20DA, M20 and Sorcerer's crusade.

These weren't small either, each book is about 100 pages and extremely well made for a powered by the apocalypse game. He even included all the bloodlines and crafts.

I'm just asking as I can't find a mention of them here and I don't think I saw one on white wolf's reddit.
        I have read those and... I will be honest, I was not a fan.

The issue comes down to differences in how each game works. PbtA works best with a simple base that you can build upon as you wish. Playbooks should be archetypal, moves should be fairly self contained or else build off ONE other power, and you don't need to replicate every power exactly. There was a World of Darkness supplement for Urban shadows that captured this. albeit a bit bigger than I would normally expect, but then again it is an add on.

These games tried to replicate/translate as without considering design philosophy.

Comment

Working...
        X