Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are we missing to complete the Dark Ages Setting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're running a game centered around the Ashirra, the Ahl I Batin/Web of Faith, or their Werewolf/Fera counterparts, then the idea of journeying to the Swahili coast, the Ghana Empire, or India's western coast is not unfeasible. Likewise, a period sourcebook for the Laibon or the Three Brothers is just as justifiable as having WoD: Blood & Silk for KotE.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

In the Companion of Dark Ages V20 there are descriptions of non europeans dominions: Mogadiscio and Mangaluru.

Recently I wrote a setting for Dark Ages: Kingdom of Georgia, a medieval country in the Caucasus with links with te Byzantine Empire.

Comment

I keep thinking that Rage Across the Black Sea would be a fun period sourcebook. A lot of interesting stuff to play with in that region.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

I wrote Dark Medieval Armory for Storyteller's Vault because I really felt that Dark Ages needed a book that goes into the weapons and armor of the time - especially considering how... unfortunate... the weapons and armor section in V20 was.

Other than that, I think Cologne could use some love, it is one of, if not THE, biggest city north of the Alps. Flanders, once of the richest areas of Europe and, depending on how you look at it, an industialized region. The fall of the Second Kingdom of Jerusalem. A sourcebook on the communes of the medieval world, considering how much power they wield in the cities. An updated version of Dark Ages: Werewolf, Mage, Hunter, and Fae to put them in line with V20.

So, people, get to work on Storyteller Vault supplements!

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

Comment

Working...
          X