Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 20th anniversary(or 5E) materials about imbued?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 20th anniversary(or 5E) materials about imbued?

So I want to find NEW 20th(or 5E) anniversary materials about hunters for some purposes. I find they are seldom mentioned even in outside-own-splats writings.

Two definite entries I can recall:
    1. All M20 revised convention books quote their views about imbued.
    2.V20 <The Hunters Hunted II> mentions them.

PS: Maybe they are still just a glance to most splats? Syndicate book mentions this. But I can't believe they can't really unit themselves within 20 years.

It is currently unknown if there will be an official Hunter20 edition.

Right now the only substantial bit of material is the brief one page write-up in their ST Vault Style Guide, found here. And in general, whatever anyone puts up on the Vault.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
      It is currently unknown if there will be an official Hunter20 edition.

Right now the only substantial bit of material is the brief one page write-up in their ST Vault Style Guide, found here. And in general, whatever anyone puts up on the Vault.
      I will read this.

And personally I want a H:tR 20 edition, I don't know if this game is popular, but I like it.

PS:And I dislike ideas which regard Edges as just one kind of potent Numina..
      PS2: So those inquisitors in DA:inquisitors are precedented imbueds?

Comment

One clarification - the Technocracy Convention Books were written as Revised Edition books, not 20th Anniversary Edition books.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
          And personally I want a H:tR 20 edition, I don't know if this game is popular, but I like it.
          It's not the most popular game, but you're not alone in disappointment here.

WW before the reorganization by Paradox indicated that we wouldn't be getting more 20th lines to move the focus to 5e, and 5e is still years from getting around to the Imbued.

We might have more hope now than before since Paradox might be more open to Onyx Path pitching things like H20 than before... but we don't know.

PS2: So those inquisitors in DA:inquisitors are precedented imbueds?
          DA: Inquisitor came out after Hunter did. It's a "spiritual" prequel, but Inquisitors aren't an old version of the Imbued.

Comment

I sure hope that they open up to the idea. 5e is shit. (That doesn't mean that I will fault or disrespect anyone who likes it.) It feels like they said, "Let's make Vampire: the Masquerade more like Requiem," and then they also decided to remove blood pools and put in this moronic hunger mechanic, and this idiotic "you are what you eat" bullshit, to where you have to eat the right kind of people to be able to use your Disciplines. Total crap. Yes, I would love to see 20th continue as a separate line, if not permanently, then long enough to cover *everything* from the prior WoD. This doesn't just include games that I love, like Mummy and Hunter. It also includes stuff that didn't really interest Me at all, like Changeling.

Comment

The Hunters had potential. I see Hunter: the Vigil as the better game, but Hunter: the Reckoning is worthwhile too. Maybe they could come up with a way for imbued Hunters to be an option for Hunter: the Vigil? At least it could get new people to be aware of the game.

Comment

While I wouldn't mind more HTR, I doubt that was ever planned for two reasons:
                1. The books weren't spread across multiple editions; and
                2. The books had a very specific place in the metaplot and are hard to fit into the "toolkit model" we saw with the core 5 lines.

Though no one in power these days will probably say it, the official Hunter backstory was born from the original plan of Exalted-as-prehistory, with the power of the imbuing coming from diced up Solar Exaltations. They also are tied to the contemporary events of the Week of nightmares, which was the trigger point emergency for the Heralds to break the glass. Certainly there are other ways to run it, but it is somewhat couched in those contexts.

Further, having all the books out in a few years without edition differences likely reduced the impetus to do a collected and revised edition. I can understand wanting it brought into line with other 20th stuff, but it doesn't seem like either CCP or Paradox would I have been easily convinced of this.

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessKng View Post
                  1. The books weren't spread across multiple editions;
                  Wraith and Changeling kinda put a decent counter to this. Yes, they were "spread" across two editions, but their first editions were after second edition was in full swing for the Vampire and Werewolf, and Mage was just starting its own. In many senses the idea that there's two full editions of these games from the original run is based far more on the desire for symmetry in publication than practical things like major mechanical changes.

2. The books had a very specific place in the metaplot and are hard to fit into the "toolkit model" we saw with the core 5 lines.
                  Wr20 updated Orpheus just fine, and Orpheus was the most metaplot specific game of them all.

And if anything the toolkit is something HtR could have used. Very little of it really relies on it's place in the metaplot, so using a 20th core to explore different options of how to implement it would have been welcome.

The reason to believe that H20 never got to the point of being planned?

Paradox bought the IPs from CCP and annouced a brand new edition for the whole WoD before Onyx Path was in a place to even start worrying about planning the Revised era WoD games getting 20th books.

The idea that if Onyx Path under CCP (which basically didn't care at that point) if given 5 more years before the Paradox buyout wouldn't have done Demon or Hunter 20th just seems completely unfounded to me. The 20th edition explosion was all the proof they needed that there's enough nostalgia around to make them worth doing. CCP had very little concerns besides branding and profit.

Though no one in power these days will probably say it, the official Hunter backstory was born from the original plan of Exalted-as-prehistory, with the power of the imbuing coming from diced up Solar Exaltations.
                  No one "in power" will probably say it because it's extremely inaccurate. Hunter came out ~1.5 years before Exalted did after all, and the plans for Exalted shifted a bunch of times. Hunter was made with hooks for the Exalted-as-prehistory idea, but it doesn't need that to be the case at all to work just fine.

Comment

As a sidenote, per Rich's comments in this week's Monday Meeting, if you'd like to let WW know you want H20 / D20 (or updated versions of the two), get in touch with WW/Paradox politely through their sites/social media.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Working...
                    X