Effect of Supernatural Blood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effect of Supernatural Blood

In the "World of Darkness" when a vampire drinks blood of other creatures he can get bonuses or disadvantages.
    This applies to the blood of fairies, psionics, werewolves (+ pureblood werewolves).

As I know, some power of disciplines were "created" by the Cainites when they drank the blood of other creatures ... for example, the phoenix.
    "Draught of Phoenix Blood". This is the power that one of clan Gangrel created after she drank the blood of the phoenix.
    However, this force does not need phoenix blood for training.

But is there any effect for mages blood? Can the Cainites drink their "internal energy"?
    Are there any effects when Vampire drink blood "Bygon"?
    What powers could Vampire develop, if he is inspired by the blood of these creatures?
    Last edited by Alphari; 07-07-2019, 03:17 PM.

one version of it is, if the vampire drinks mage blood, using discplines with said blood can result in weird unforeseen effects and can cause paradox on the vampire

-

Comment

I saw this, but I can not remember where I saw such a rule. But now... i cant find this rule.

Comment

Mage Storyteller handbook revised (2002) p.201

-

Comment

Thank.

I have another question now. Is there any effect of drinking golden chi?
          Wan Xian can be in one of 3 phases (or 4? Is there any Demon-Chi phase?). Phase Yang, Ying, and a some golconda like "golden balance." They need to absorb pure quintessence for the last stage.
          Actually, for Cainite, there is no difference on how blood is charged?
          Last edited by Alphari; 07-08-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

golden chi? I'm not sure which one that is

demon chi doesn't affect balance, yin and yang chi affect the balance

cainites can absorb any kind of chi without any effect on the balance,
            the yang chi they ingest eventually turns into yin chi (so a kuei-jin feeding on a cainite will usually get yin chi)

we don't know about demon chi (it's safe to assume it remains as it is, but not sure)

cainites are immune to tainted and poisoned chi,

poisoned chi, the sort of chi that would get a kuei-jin sick, is not consumed by the cainite, they spit it out outright as it gives no nutrition and no negative effects either

tainted chi, the sort which scorpion eaters are known to consume, don't seem to be present in cainite systems,
            so it's safe for kuei-jin to drink vitae without the risk of getting tainted,
            however, it's not explained how or why this is the case (does tainted chi get cleaned off in the cainite system? does it get changed into another kind of chi? does it get ejected the same way poisoned chi does? we don't know)

there is one kind of chi that does affect cainites however, and it's the one in the 1000 hells,
            it has some nasty effects on the cainite and results in some weird changes on how some disciplines function,
            what's worse is that cainites naturally absorb that chi from their surroundings (they don't have to drink blood to get tainted by it),
            it comes as a weird contradiction/inconsistency compared to the other types of chi, and I can't explain it (maybe someone else can shed some light on the confusing issue)
            Last edited by Pleiades; 07-08-2019, 09:23 AM.

-

Comment

If I am not mistaken, does Kuey-jin's “balance” allow them to spend one blood point for several days, protect them from the sun, and allow them to live almost as a person?

Golden chi? I remembered something about the "golden people", it turned out to be mere mortals.
              BUT! The pure quintessence that they absorb from the magicians or the "dragon's nest" (or what do they call them?) is charged to Yin/Yang/Demon? or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Alphari View Post
                If I am not mistaken, does Kuey-jin's “balance” allow them to spend one blood point for several days, protect them from the sun, and allow them to live almost as a person?
                that would be Yang imbalance,
                kuei-jin don't have blood points,
                they have yin and yang traits and yin yang chi pools

depending on those traits, you get 3 possible states of balance:
                - balance, when yin and yang are equal (or almost equal)
                - yin imbalance (yin is much higher than yang)
                - yang imbalance (yang is much higher than yin)

each state has its own features,
                with yang imbalance, the kuei-jin is almost human, looks human, can mate with humans (and even give birth), but becomes more vulnerable to diseases, may soak damage differently (depending on edition) etc

I don't remember the exact rules for resisting sunlight, but afaik there is no 100% immunity to sunlight, only temporary resistance

Golden chi? I remembered something about the "golden people", it turned out to be mere mortals.
                BUT! The pure quintessence that they absorb from the magicians or the "dragon's nest" (or what do they call them?) is charged to Yin/Yang/Demon? or not?
                sorry, I don't remember about mages, they probably give the same chi as mortals do (yin and yang, possible tainted/poisoned chi in affected areas)

golden people could be humans with true faith, maybe? I never heard of them to be honest

all I know is that werewolf gnosis is yang chi, and vampire vitae is mostly yin chi,
                and can have side effects like vitae addiction
                Last edited by Pleiades; 07-08-2019, 10:37 AM.

-

Comment

depending on edition
                  Are there other editions?
                  It seems that KotE was released on the 3rd edition of vampires.
                  Further they were mentioned only in 4 editions in the Middle Ages and in Saulot's third bloodline.
                  (Which used Valeren and could see fate.)

kuei-jin were more like carnivorous corpses.

Although I may be mistaken and this is just Indian corpse-cannibals.

Comment

kote was released in 2nd edition (the first corebook),

while they didn't get a 3rd edition corebook, they got some updated rules in the kote companion and the vtm storyteller's handbook for 3rd ed

-

Comment

I found contradictions in some rules.
                      Itarajana, do they suffer from taking vampire blood?
                      I remember simple magicians lose power in a couple of years.
                      But in the Black Hand, some of the magicians somehow use blood, some probably use it in large quantities. Especially those who disguise themselves in the mortal world.

However, the blood only "paralyzes" their ascent.
                      other magicians can become addicted to the power of blood (and even itarajana can, probably) and later lose their Avatar, but the ancient euthanatos do not.

Comment

it's not really contradictions, most of them are optional rules, and you get to choose which one you want to use

I don't recommend the one that has the mage's avatar shatter for feeding on vitae,
                        it was an interesting way to explore vampirism through Mages, but it was very poorly executed

in fact, most everything relating to vampire blood magic is poorly executed

so, I'd recommend you use the rules that have spheres and arete being frozen

-

Comment

They are not shatter, they simply wither and die... Slowly, but when the magician realizes that his "Magick" does not work ... he dies in despair.
                          Yet the curse of Cain is strong.
                          I remember that there are stages of Avatar's withering and his addiction to vampire blood.

And that makes sense. Cain was cursed by God.

After all, if magicians could safely use the Vitae, it would be OP.

in fact, most everything relating to vampire blood magic is poorly executed
                          That's right, many types of bloody magic should have their own system of magic.
                          I remember in 2 or 3 editions some of the magic of Africa and the East had a couple of rules ... but it was an addition, not a complete new system.

Another thing are Koldunizm or Abisal magic, Even akhu has its own rules for spells, based not on Will, but on faith and rolling of Int + attribute.
                          + I remember in the 2nd edition were 6 aspects of the Tremere Hermetic Magic. And 11 aspects of Setit magic ...
                          Last edited by Alphari; 07-08-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post
                            Mage Storyteller handbook revised (2002) p.201

Cool I missed that!

I felt True fae, and Gods could have unforseen effects on Vampires, like maybe one thinks to be able to walk in the sun again to drink from a sun god but just burns instead.

Hmm could use a power for lifeforce/breath Drinking for Vampires. Either a new Path of Prana/Chi, or a high level Discipline or combo discipline power, like combine Animalism and Valeren. I do recall VDA20 having those Indian Salubri able to drink the breath from a crowd.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I remember in the 2 editions of fairies there were rules for drinking their blood.
                              But there the fairies were different, they were divided by seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X