Atlantis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantis?

Was there anything about Atlantis, or other "lost continents" (Mu, Leng, etc) in World of Darkness?

When I google it, all I get is stuff about NWoD.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Dark Ages: Mage features it in a write up, but it's more of a Cthulhu homage.

Comment

I think the fluff story in the revised Etherite supplement talks about how in the Hollow Earth the secrets of Atlantis, Mu and other such locations are partly revealed. Personally, I don't care about the concept of "hollow earth", so I don't know any specifics.

Comment

Thanks. Does it give any detail, or just mention it?

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Spook359 View Post
          Dark Ages: Mage features it in a write up, but it's more of a Cthulhu homage.
          Do you remember where?

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            Thanks. Does it give any detail, or just mention it?
            It gives some detail, as does the original 1e Etherite tradbook. The main sources on the Hollow Earth are Book of Worlds and Infinite Tapestry (updating it for Revised).

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Comment

The original Order of Hermes made a brief mention of it in an in-character historical timeline. If you wanted to you could probably turn it into the Western equivalent of what Meru was for KotE and the rest of the East Asian WoD.

The YouTube channel Overly Sarcastic Productions recently did a video about Atlantis that's pretty good.

There's also GURPS Atlantis, which gives a rather indepth treatment of the myth as it's evolved over the centuries.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

I've taken a look into Sons of Ether Revised, where a newly awakening Mage gets introduced into the Etherite paradigm via a trip into Hollow Earth. They meet a monk who talks about Atlantis and can take a look at some drawings of a city with a gigantic pyramid in the middle.
                  The monk talks about how the Atlanteans mastered "the science of attuning themselves to the harmony of the world". This kind of "science" is kind of how the paradigm of Etherites is described in this book. The Atlanteans then foresaw a great kind of cataclysm and either this prophecy was self-fulfilling in that trying to prevent it destroyed Atlantis or the Atlanteans sacrifices themselves to prevent the cataclism.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

Do you remember where?
                    Dark Ages: Mage pages 168, 169, and part of 170.

Comment

Working...
                    X