Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do these lyrics remind you of the World of Darkness?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do these lyrics remind you of the World of Darkness?

So you play your music
    And you smoke your pot
    And you f**k your boyfriend
    In the parking lot
    Ah but still you’re aching
    For the things you haven’t got
    What went wrong...

This song always reminds me of the non-supernatural part of the WoD. An ordinary girl living a life of quiet desperation, dreaming about a handsome (or beautiful) Fiona coming to rescue her from her Banal existence...

A charming Toreador works too, or even a magnetically attractive Fianna Galliard...

The lyrics are gender specific, but they could easily apply to guys and non-binary people too.

What do you think?

“The Bonnie Prince is a clever, slippery snake with enough charm to convince good men (and women) that he’s God’s Chosen One. If we don’t stop him from raising this rebellion, we’re all going to be staring down into the abyss at Culloden Moor.”

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
    So you play your music
    And you smoke your pot
    And you f**k your boyfriend
    In the parking lot
    Ah but still you’re aching
    For the things you haven’t got
    What went wrong...

This song always reminds me of the non-supernatural part of the WoD. An ordinary girl living a life of quiet desperation, dreaming about a handsome (or beautiful) Fiona coming to rescue her from her Banal existence...

A charming Toreador works too, or even a magnetically attractive Fianna Galliard...

The lyrics are gender specific, but they could easily apply to guys and non-binary people too.

What do you think?
    Feels like Thin-Blood/Caitiff lyrics.

Comment

Did someone cover Captain Jack and change the gender of the character?

In any case, give the song is about a loser that's a rich white kid that's doing heroin to convince themselves they're cool and lacking in life despite having everything anyone could want, it could be a particularly wangsty Toreador or Venture... but really there's not need for that sad statement of a person to be more than a normal kid.

Comment

Heroin? I thought it was coke. Thanks.

“The Bonnie Prince is a clever, slippery snake with enough charm to convince good men (and women) that he’s God’s Chosen One. If we don’t stop him from raising this rebellion, we’re all going to be staring down into the abyss at Culloden Moor.”

Comment

I interpreted it as a song about someone who saw their life as shallow and meaningless and was searching for true love as a way out.

Comment

To quote Billy Joel, "What's so horrible about an affluent young white teenager's life that he's got to shoot heroin? It's really a song about what I consider to be a pathetic loser kind of lifestyle. I've been accused of, 'Oh, this song promotes drug use and masturbation.' No, no, no. Listen to the song. This guy is a loser."

The kid is doing drugs because he thinks his life is shallow and meaningless rather than trying something positive as a way out.

Comment

Thank you. I didn’t get that.

Comment

Working...
              X